Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 White Tesla Model 3 Trade or OBO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m exploring options and having an OA look for a nice S85 with AP1 but I do realize CPO inventory is quite low . I’m not interested in selling less than $57k based on amount of inquires and offers. Title is on hand and I’m looking for a So Cal buyer to make it an easy transaction.

It's the exact same process as when someone from California, Colorado or another EV rebate state sells. If I sell my car to someone in Cali I'm not dropping my price another 2500 because they have a state rebate and I don't see cars from california priced $2,500 less than the exact car in Arizona.

@SoCalLawyer if you can get what you paid for it then take it, I'm sure you'll be taking the state and fed tax credit so you're coming out $10K ahead (so I guess $67K?) Get a CPO S with AP1 for around $50K (they do exist) and then you'll have the car you want and pocket $17,000. Seems like a no brainier at this point.

The Tesla rep I work with has been able to find everyone I've sent to him an AP1 car with a 70kwh+ battery in about 2-3 weeks.

tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: Evoforce and LCR1
OP. What age are your two kids? Curious, as I have two aged 4 and 2 and I’m wondering how the 3 will work as my second car.
Nice car. GLWS.

Not the OP and I don't have a 3 but I sat in one with my two children, both under 6. I don't think the 3 will be small in terms of passenger room. I think storage will be the issue if there is one. It was actually easier for me to get in a 3 than an S (at the showroom at least).

Up'
OP. What age are your two kids? Curious, as I have two aged 4 and 2 and I’m wondering how the 3 will work as my second car.
Nice car. GLWS.

I have two kids in Car Seats, its not really the interior space its the Trunk. If it was a Hatch like the S, the double stroller would be much easier to remove and store. I honestly don't mind as I just dismantle the stroller but the wife minds.

Can the 2nd owner take the $2500 Cali rebate if the first owner does not take it?
Ehhhhh, one of the required submissions is the signed sales contact, and the applicants name must be on the contract. So there are ways, but I'll leave that to you to figure out.

Basically they way it's worded, only to the first person who registered a NEW vehicle.

I think some people don't fully understand the changes to the California state rebate program. You can only receive 2 total now, you can't receive the state rebate if you earn more than $150k single/ $300k married, and you have to return a prorated portion of the rebate if you sell the car before 30 months. It wouldn't make sense for OP to take the state rebate with plans on selling so quickly (assuming OP is not ineligible due to the other requirements).
Yep.

More on the $2500 CVRP info at Eligibility guidelines. FAQs says

I don’t have my rebated vehicle anymore. What do I do?

Rebated vehicles must be registered in California and stay in the possession of the applicant for 30 consecutive months from the original purchase or lease date. Resale of a vehicle or return to a dealer is allowed within this 30 month period if necessitated by unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances. Military duty exemptions may be approved by CARB on a case-by-case basis. If you are no longer in possession of your rebated vehicle, please give us a call at 866-984-2532 to discuss your available options.

CARB verifies vehicle ownership through periodic checks of Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) in the California DMV database. If a vehicle purchaser or lessee sells or returns the rebated vehicle to the dealer and does not receive prior approval, CARB or its designee reserves the right to recoup CVRP funds from the original vehicle purchaser identified on the rebate form and may pursue other remedies available under the law for unauthorized early termination of vehicle ownership.