Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 White Tesla Model 3 Trade or OBO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if it was red, and had AP1 configured I'd swap my 2015 S 85, I'm selling it to fund a Model 3 anyway, but not enough of a match for this work for me.

Best of luck with the search/trade. Strike a deal quick before they become more common..
I’m not sure there is much of a wait anymore. I put in a third reservation a few weeks ago and that recent reservation is now configurable with only 3-6 week delivery time. It seems demand has dwindled, not sure if the inflated reservation numbers were just a smoke screen.

• Disagree
Reactions: jelloslug
I’m not sure there is much of a wait anymore. I put in a third reservation a few weeks ago and that recent reservation is now configurable with only 3-6 week delivery time. It seems demand has dwindled, not sure if the inflated reservation numbers were just a smoke screen.

I predicted this long ago. Fully refundable reservations are not orders. Just a “show of hands”.

Many legacy auto manufacturers have found that intense initial interest frequently doesn’t translate into sales. Overestimating demand can be devastating. I’m seriously afraid that 5000 or even 2500 per week, will quickly result in huge unsold inventory. Just hope Tesla isn’t so deeply mired in debt that a more modest sales pace does them in.

I predicted this long ago. Fully refundable reservations are not orders. Just a “show of hands”.

Many legacy auto manufacturers have found that intense initial interest frequently doesn’t translate into sales. Overestimating demand can be devastating. I’m seriously afraid that 5000 or even 2500 per week, will quickly result in huge unsold inventory. Just hope Tesla isn’t so deeply mired in debt that a more modest sales pace does them in.
They'll be forced to offer the standard $35K if that's the case. Right now it's the long range versions.

For what it is worth, that is specific to existing owners. I am a day-2 reservation holder, non-owner, and my ETA is April or May right now.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby and SammyJr.
For what it is worth, that is specific to existing owners. I am a day-2 reservation holder, non-owner, and my ETA is April or May right now.

But that’s only two or three months from now. Not much of a wait for a car that supposedly has 400K “reservations”.

I’m convinced the wait is going to be far shorter than most thought. Just like it was with the Model X.

Reactions: Sunshine State
Day 2 was already well past the initial demand rush so April or May delivery is a bad sign. I’m a big investor in Tesla but everyone should know by now that Tesla is never up front with facts. Why in the world would anyone think that they would have had an actual counter showing true reservations to the public? If demand showed low, it would have killed demand more, it makes no sense to publicize the real total. People want what they can’t get or what everybody else is buying so an over inflated number make sense for marketing. If they have already burned through owner reservations, from people who in the past have been willing to buy high priced cars, then how long will the non owner reservations be burned through? I hope they are working on something significant other than just interior colors to refresh interest or they are going to be looking at 5000 level production without enough buyers. I think Tesla owners would have made up a significant part of the order totals. Quick availability now with low production rates makes the 400,000 look very fishy.

The amount of reservation holders is reflected in the the money Tesla holds for reservations. Those amounts are publicly filed with the SEC reports. If there was some huge discrepancy between the number of paid reservations that Tesla reports, it would be obvious in the amount of money that is held for reservations.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sunshine State
The amount of reservation holders is reflected in the the money Tesla holds for reservations. Those amounts are publicly filed with the SEC reports. If there was some huge discrepancy between the number of paid reservations that Tesla reports, it would be obvious in the amount of money that is held for reservations.
Hmmm, someone placed 350,000 reservations. I’m thinking Christmas gifts?

Fully refundable deposits for a reservation are not a good judge of ultimate demand - in fact, they’re almost meaningless. I know several people who bought a reservation because it was the cool thing to do, they had no real intention of purchasing. Most have since canceled.

But that’s only two or three months from now. Not much of a wait for a car that supposedly has 400K “reservations”.

I’m convinced the wait is going to be far shorter than most thought. Just like it was with the Model X.

That may be, I will leave it to others to speculate. I was simply correcting a post that implied anyone could go and get one in a few weeks. If new reservations for non-owners are getting them in weeks, please point me to evidence because I will cancel my reservations due to Tesla letting other non-owners jump ahead of me. To the best of my knowledge, only Day1 reservations from non-owners have been processed so far.