Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[2019.12.1.2] [Supercharging]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the move to 2019.12.1.x, the peak supercharging rate has dropped down from a very regular 114kW to just about 103kW.

I have enough data points from a bunch of different 150kW max supercharging stations. I'm a high mileage driver who largely lives off the supercharger. I charge at off peak houra (11P-1A) and ensure the other stall (A/B) is never occupied.

I normally start charging when the SOC is about 20%.

This is kind of a let down for me as I was looking forward to 150kW peak rates with the pre-warmed battery pack.

To summarize:

2019.9.x.x and before: Regular peak rates of 114kW.
2019.12.x.x: Peak rate doesn't go past 103kW.
Reason for irritation: Software updatebwsu supposed to unlock 150kW peak rates.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Last edited:
Ever since the move to 2019.12.1.x, the peak supercharging rate has dropped down from a very regular 114kW to just about 103kW.

I have enough data points from a bunch of different 150kW max supercharging stations. I'm a high mileage driver who largely lives off the supercharger. I charge at off peak houra (11P-1A) and ensure the other stall (A/B) is never occupied.

This is kind of a let down for me as I was looking forward to 150kW peak rates with the pre-warmed battery pack.

To summarize:

I got this the other day
old |v2019.8.6|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.12.1.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
5-6-2019 8-51-26 AM.jpg

It's the opposite for me (90D), I had 103kw max before and now I can reach 116kw (same as my old S85 was doing since day 1) I imagine that's the max of the Supercharger stations (I'm in Europe). Maybe 20% is not "low" enough to reach max peak.

To summarize:

What pack do you have ...? I have gotten 150 and 146 at two diff SCs.. I have 100 pack on 12.1

I’m on 12.1.1 in my MXP100DL and before I received this update, I would regularly see 116kw on charging. Now the best I have seen is 108kw. I’ve tried 10 different SC and all have the same result. Station shows 150kw available and I’m the only one here. Batteries are warm.
Not working as advertised for me...

Reached out to SC and asked them. They said that everyone is seeing varying speeds and it's because the general battery health and other additional factors are taken into consideration while setting the peak rate.

Since 90% of my charging is at the SC, I'm assuming my battery is at a lower state of health compared to the guys who have home charging.

It will be interesting to see how this has affected tesloop's fleet.

@P85_DA I have 100D, March 2018 build