Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently on 12.1.1 and got a notification of a pending update when I entered my car at 8:30am.
I scheduled it for 9am, but when I looked at my Tesla app a few minutes after 9am, it still said that the software updated is "Scheduled for Friday 9:00am".

So I went ahead and started the update from my phone. A few minutes later, I opened the app again and it said "Scheduled for Friday 9:07am" under the software update section.
If I tap that again, it prompts me to install it again..

Any idea what could be going on?

Had the exact same problem. I reset my car, app and phone and after that when I tried to run the update I received a different error message that no update is available (even though the app continued to show that there was an available update).

I sent an email to the service department and they re-pushed the update and after that the install worked.

I must have missed mention of this, but 2019.12.1.2 also now gives the number of times sentry mode was activated while parked. It said something like Sentry alert/notification and the number of times it was tripped. Parked at Ikea this afternoon and when we left 2-ish hours later there were 17 alerts, presumably from people waking in front of the car or cars parking beside me. I didn't look at the vids yet, but personally I think it's super useful to have the number of times sentry was tripped.

So I noticed the 2019.12.1.2 didn't include the Lane Departure Avoidance / Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance Elon announced last week? Correct or am I missing something as I tried it out and there was no correction just the usual steering wheel shake

2FC56201-CFA0-419C-9139-610A3B495E03.jpeg

The good news is that ~150kw supercharging seems to work

Reactions: gbertsch
Just got a 12.1.2 update, day after getting 12.1.1. Don’t have a chance to check the release notes, but it appears it might be the new safety features announced today: More Advanced Safety for Tesla Owners

So I noticed the 2019.12.1.2 didn't include the Lane Departure Avoidance / Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance Elon announced last week? Correct or am I missing something as I tried it out and there was no correction just the usual steering wheel shake

Exactly how is Emergency Lane Depature different from Side Collision Avoidance? Owners have already reported that the 3 takes evasive action if it detects a potential side collision.

Exactly how is Emergency Lane Depature different from Side Collision Avoidance? Owners have already reported that the 3 takes evasive action if it detects a potential side collision.

This actually happened to me 2 days ago. I don't have AP, but had cruise control on. I drifted onto the dotted line on the highway, and it jolted me (and I mean jolted...) back into the lane. It completely freaked me out, I didn't know what was happening, so I put my foot on the brake to take the CC off. Then I read the message on the screen about how the lane departure thingie was activated. Really got my heart going, having the car jolt you, have the steering wheel unresponsive while it's doing it, and not understanding why.... there was no traffic around me when this happened.