Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslawinds is wonky after this update.
Is that on your X? My kids TM3 isn't asking him for the 'allow' option when going to sites that want a location.

I just tried Teslawinds in my X with 2018.8.5 ... the screen was inaccurate but there was a 1+ minute delay before I got the 'allow' question and I had just put in a new URL right when it popped up. Wonder if they did something with their VPN that you get routed thru?

AP2 MCU1 model X is still stuck on 2018.50.6
Went to the Lawrence service center yesterday and told I've already on the lastest firmware :(
Was thinking if there was some regulation issue. However, I looked on TeslaFI and didn't see X/S that had more current but I do see several Model 3 with 2019.12.1 and now 2019.12.1.1 so it doesn't seem like regulations.

Are you sure you don't have a pet <wink> that you are really worried about since you don't have a more current 'dog mode'. Maybe call another Service Center and ask them to push a more current release even it is not the latest. I wouldn't normally recommend this but that is silly that you are on such an old one. Something seems wrong. Then again I haven't looked at your other post so maybe you are a 'trouble maker' in some way for Tesla. ;)

Is that on your X? My kids TM3 isn't asking him for the 'allow' option when going to sites that want a location.

Yes, in my X.

Attached is what I'm seeing at all my red lights. I go at 18mph because it triggers the alert at the white line!
IMG1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
AP2 MCU1 model X is still stuck on 2018.50.6

Went to the Lawrence service center yesterday and told I've already on the lastest firmware

:(
I was on 2018.50.6 until last week with my AP2.0 MCU1 MS but just finally got an update last week to 2019.12.1 - and now I am already getting an update to 2019.12.1.1 (which has the same release notes - so it must be bug fixes??)

So maybe you will get the update soon or ask again about if they see your MX getting stuck in the update process. I have found that they get bugged about updates a lot so there default answer is "your up to date" but they can go in and actually see if your car is having issues with wake to update.

Ok guys, this is great but isn’t enough. We need 100% of Tesla owners here to post:

• What version they’re on now
  • The moment they get an update notification and speculate which version they are getting next
  • Confirmation that they just installed 2019.12.1.1
  • Complaint that they’re stuck on an older version and service center says they’re current
  • Wondering why their AP0 2012 S40 hasn’t gotten the latest firmware
  • Installed but it’s late at night so will test in the morning and report back
  • Tested finally and like 600 other people nothing new in release notes - must be bug fixes
  • Bluetooth and/or backup camera still has problems
  • Bluetooth and/or backup camera never had problems
If we ALL do this, we can get this thread to have 100,000 posts! Cmon!!

Was thinking if there was some regulation issue. However, I looked on TeslaFI and didn't see X/S that had more current but I do see several Model 3 with 2019.12.1 and now 2019.12.1.1 so it doesn't seem like regulations.

Are you sure you don't have a pet <wink> that you are really worried about since you don't have a more current 'dog mode'. Maybe call another Service Center and ask them to push a more current release even it is not the latest. I wouldn't normally recommend this but that is silly that you are on such an old one. Something seems wrong. Then again I haven't looked at your other post so maybe you are a 'trouble maker' in some way for Tesla. ;)

I think just because I don’t have a dog so they don’t give me the dog mode lol

I also got a appointment to fix tons of paper thin issues so probably just wait for that to fix the firmware as well.

For those like me who have the AP 2.0, it is said that our cameras are B/W. How are they gonna make the car distinguish colours?
It can't be FSD and supposedly come to your phone wherever you are as advertised 2 yrs ago by Elon if it cannot see lights!!! And going by lights position convention should not be an option...will be like guessing...
So, the probability your car arrived safe and sound is inversely proportional to the distance :)...
Does anyone know how? camera replacement? so we finally get those dashcam features! Thx.

I share this concern as well, especially since I recently purchased FSD. Elon has said repeatedly that all purchasers of FSD will get FSD. The next question is "will all FSD cars migrating from 2.0 and 2.5 have equal capabilities?"
I wouldn't worry. Monochrome cameras are capable of "seeing" in much greater detail than most color sensors and generally have higher dynamic range. Those cameras will have no difficulty handling traffic lights, the harder challenge will be when a light is out or flashing telling the vehicle that it can't sit there forever. Lol

Reactions: Forty Creek
Nope. just got the latest one yesterday one 2019.12.1.1.\ 4b1dd29 no lights warning.
It's because Canadian traffic lights have a different shade of red which isn't recognized by the Autopilot cameras, hence why the feature is not available in Canada yet. The FSD package will require Canadian Tesla vehicles to have their camera's swapped in order for this functionality to be supported.

Obviously I'm being sarcastic :)