Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X only had 2019.12.1 since Thursday night. Tesla just pushed 2919.12.1.1 to me just now. The release notes appear to be unchanged. This release worked well for me so far other than sounding the running a red light alarm when I went through a blinking yellow interchange with crosswalk. Maybe it thinks I was driving in Canada instead of in the States. Supercharging worked well yesterday, my 75D started at 95Kw for a change.
Can you provide more details? How was the charging experience changed for your 75D? Did you stay at 95kw for a longer period of time compared with before? What’s your SOC when beginning charging at 95kw?

Reactions: Gen3
my previous 2016 MX 90D AP2 MCU1 and 2019.8.5 was charging at 100-112kw with charge rate in the 300-300miles/hr for the last 1-2 month. not sure if the 2019.12.1 did anything since I had 2019.8.5 and was doing it without any release note about higher charging

I know that both total charging capacity at existing superchargers will be going up, and average charge times will be going down, which is great - but still, plugging in at a SC and getting <20kw for 15 or 20 minutes is not going to be fun when you are expecting 100.

Does anyone know if there are plans to unpair existing SCs?

Min around 36 kW if you are a 2nd car and have a low SOC.

I'm also seeing 36kW as the 'second-to-arrive'. I understand, that the first-to-arrive releases capacity on the paired V2+ charger in increments of 36. So, the step function is 36->72->108kW if you are low SOC and in a pairing situation. This was verified at the NW SuperCharger in Houston (Rudy's).

X 75s can charge over 100kw. In Vegas I used to charge over 100kw all the time last year. Not sure if you can anymore. I moved from Vegas to Austin 8 Months ago and i'm lucky if I get over 80 now even with the new update with the languge stating I can charge up to 150Kw. I know that the Austin SCs are set up for 150KWs because in the map if you tap on the SC icon it shows that it is set up for 150KWs were it use to be I think at ~120kw.

I got my notice last night about the 2019.12.1.1 coming out last night and it installed itself in my girlfriend's driveway. The "about this update" seems to be the same as the 2019.12.1 and have not noticed any difference. I am hoping it is a bug update that will fix the screens suddenly going black and rebooting. I will try supercharging tomorrow night in Dublin and see if there is a difference there.

I bet the Tesla engineers are laughing at us while monitoring this web site, waiting for us to figure out what is different.

• Funny
Reactions: Ulmo
Yes, much more so.

Btw: just got notified of a new update this evening. Downloading now.

Tells me someone at Tesla recognizes a problem.

I’ll advise late AM if better.

So..phantom stopping has been eliminated (at least on my route). However, my X still pulled dangerously hard right at the same spot it did the other day (local straight road).
Please note that prior to last two updates the vehicle had no issues in that stretch.

Can’t comment on highways yet.

So....be careful on your local roads and don’t assume that it will work for you similar to previous versions.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and spectrum
75D AP2.0 MCU1 here. Just got and installed the update this morning (remotely). Won’t be able to see it for a couple days, but excited to see the release notes. Agree with @Asterix that our calculus in choosing 75 or 100 would have looked different if we’d known about the charge rate difference. But then again there’s a laundry list of the “if we’d know a” that occurred within the couple years since we brought our X home. Did anyone with the same specs get the update, and see whether Sentry mode is available for 2.0? I read in another thread that there is code for it, so curious if it’s tricking out yet.

2017 X100d, ap2.0 MCU1
Yes, I did get sentry mode, but without language about recording. With ap 2.0 all we get is a message on the screen for vandals, and a loud alarm. I took advantage of the 2k FSK deal, so maybe when they change the computer, our sentry will be more full featured.

on 12.1, my autopilot disengaged apparently because i wasn’t paying attention. funny thing is that the mcu froze at the exact same moment so i didn’t get a notification. i just started drifting into the other lane on the narrow 5 in del mar SD. let’s hope 12.1.1 fixes that. it was scary shiiiyt.

Got the 2019.12.1.1 today and installed the same. 2015 MS85D. There was no mention about higher supercharger limit (150kW). It did say that if we use the navigation to reach the supercharger, charging time would reduce by 25%. Did not notice any difference. It took the usual 50 mins to charge from 80 miles to 240 miles.

on 12.1, my autopilot disengaged apparently because i wasn’t paying attention. funny thing is that the mcu froze at the exact same moment so i didn’t get a notification. i just started drifting into the other lane on the narrow 5 in del mar SD. let’s hope 12.1.1 fixes that. it was scary shiiiyt.
You may have found the critical bug that made them expedite a .1 release to anyone on 12.1 already.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
Just got 2019.12.1.1 for my Model S 75D, AP2, MCU1, FSD

NoA has not left the ark in Switzerland

AP is much better as far as I could see

- on a straight it's able to drive with less corrections, so it's smoother I would say
- had only one phantom breaking but not without reason. There was a pedestrian standing quite on the edge of the sidewalk preparing to
cross the street
- sometimes the car breaks after it has seen a car traversing in front - but it does so way to late. the car has already left and then it breaks
Is here the new FSD computer power needed? It feels as if AP was a little bit busy with other things (almost like a human). I'm curious
to see if they could eliminate in this with this release.

so far so good

On 2019.12.1.1, I drove nearly 300 interstate miles yesterday, mostly using AP along I-95. The last hour in the dark. Overall very good experience. Good lane keeping. Only time the car clamped on the brakes is 1) when a car switched lanes too close in front of me, and 2) when I attempted to show my wife how the avatar for a truck next to us would turn red when I switched on the turn signal. I that case, I was not far enough along side the truck and the Tesla hit the brakes to fall back to allow a lane change. My bad, but I learned something.

Twice the car started beeping for no discernible reason. Nothing around me. No alerts on the driver's screen. Gave out around four urgent beeps, then went about it's normal business. I have no idea what prompted it.

After the update to the current firmware, the maps did not display properly until I rebooted the MCU.

Lastly, I stopped twice to supercharge. First time my SOC was around 28% and the the charge speed started at 141 kW. The second time, at a charger that has always been slower than most, from a SOC of 35% it ramped up to 131 kW and quickly fell back to 121 and then tapered as usual.

First time my SOC was around 28% and the the charge speed started at 141 kW. The second time, at a charger that has always been slower than most, from a SOC of 35% it ramped up to 131 kW and quickly fell back to 121 and then tapered as usual.

This is great to hear! It will be interesting to see how the SCs perform as the weather warms up.

Reactions: scottf200