Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 12.1.1 last night. I'm not sure if it is related, but the bluetooth music interface wigged out today for the first time that I can recall.

I was playing Spotify on my Pixel2. Things seemed normal at first, then one song got stuck on the MCU screen even after the phone moved on to play something else. The MCU skip forward button didn't work, but the MCU skip backward button did. Rebooting my phone did not help. Nor parking the car while I was at the gym (problem resumed when I got back in the car). I rebooted the MCU when I parked.. I've never had this happen, but I've only recently converted from the on-board Slacker to using mostly Spotify via BT..

Speaking of this.. what controls the album art that displays on-screen on the MCU when playing music via BT? Does the MCU search for album art based on the name of the artist/song? Or is it sent somehow via BT?

I got 12.1.1 last night. I'm not sure if it is related, but the bluetooth music interface wigged out today for the first time that I can recall.

Got 12.1.1 yesterday too. Went on a one hour trip. Listened to an audiobook via bluetooth the whole time. No issues.

Speaking of this.. what controls the album art that displays on-screen on the MCU when playing music via BT? Does the MCU search for album art based on the name of the artist/song? Or is it sent somehow via BT?

I have no idea. But for audio books it's hillarious. Do not use the album art from the audio book player but some random cover from who knows where. :confused:

I was playing Spotify on my Pixel2. Things seemed normal at first, then one song got stuck on the MCU screen even after the phone moved on to play something else. The MCU skip forward button didn't work, but the MCU skip backward button did. Rebooting my phone did not help. Nor parking the car while I was at the gym (problem resumed when I got back in the car). I rebooted the MCU when I parked.. I've never had this happen, but I've only recently converted from the on-board Slacker to using mostly Spotify via BT..

Same exact thing happened to me last night. Pixel 2 XL. Reboot fixed it.

12.1.1.: I had the message "Cruise not available" specially going over hills while on TACC. This is new. Also get the error "limited blindspot monitoring" when backing from the garage onto the driveway. This is new too. Both are now considered "features" in my book :)

12.1.1.: I had the message "Cruise not available" specially going over hills while on TACC. This is new. Also get the error "limited blindspot monitoring" when backing from the garage onto the driveway. This is new too. Both are now considered "features" in my book :)
The ONLY time I ever got "limited blindspot monitoring" was when one of my side cameras went bad. It was replaced by a ranger and that went away.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
The ONLY time I ever got "limited blindspot monitoring" was when one of my side cameras went bad. It was replaced by a ranger and that went away.

Funny thing is the 'limited blindspot monitoring' error goes away the moment i am in the driveway from the garage. EAP & blindspot monitoring etc while driving for left and right side work fine. It's only while I am in the garage.

I got this error as I was parking the car this morning (downloaded the 1.1 update last night). I've previously only ever gotten it when the cameras were caked in snow.

Funny thing is the 'limited blindspot monitoring' error goes away the moment i am in the driveway from the garage. EAP & blindspot monitoring etc while driving for left and right side work fine. It's only while I am in the garage.
This issue has been for a while back in 2018 when blindspot monitoring was introduced. I don't get it in my garage, but almost every tunnel. Camera probably mistakes the walls for dirt on the lens.

major change:
Supercharging up to 150kw
Atari
Better internet browser
Have the option to check software update instead of waiting for a push

View attachment 400822 View attachment 400820 View attachment 400821 got the update tonight

I just received update yesterday remotely, and won't be back to my Colorado home where my MX75D, AP2, MCU1 is garaged, until July 1st.

I'm not sure what you mean by not having to wait for PUSH for software update. My sense from the Release Notes you show, is that we can see a Software Notification that an update is available, similar to how we get notification on our Tesla App.

It sounds to me that you are saying that we can PUSH a new version update at will, when it first becomes available. Am I misunderstanding your comment?

Thanks for a clarification.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Thanks Conman, that makes more sense to me. Will my MCU 1 be able to use Sentry Mode?

I just went from 8.5 to 12.1.1 on a 2016 AP2 which uses MCU 1 And can confirm Sentry Mode is available and working.

What’s interesting is that it says to get video, follow the usb instructions just as the dash cam. Previously the usb didn’t work for the dash cam for me. So now I wonder if they’re both working. Haven’t gotten to trying that out yet.

5D646CC8-8539-415F-ACE0-1D5AA12102BB.png

890C87B5-70A2-4596-93DF-87A0EE3FF153.jpeg

Release notes didn’t say much. Mostly repeats except for the software updates menu. Nothing about being able to request download though
AF2C63B5-D414-4F9C-B4E2-F062B152E6D1.jpeg

I bashed Elon when the first release said July 2017 and later cars. I’ll eat those words now since it seems he kept true to his word that all AP2+ cars will have sentry mode.