Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my new m3 a week ago and i saw that my software is 2019.15.103, is this the old software? i was thinking since i got it last week that i shld have the newest software insfalled...

I believe that is the newest for some. Mine is 16.12 but I never had 15.103. I’m guessing since yours is new it’s a HW3 version car so it has different software builds. I think some are on 20.1 but I don’t know if that’s for HW3 or others on 2.5 like me. So...either way I don’t think your build is very old. It’s close to 100% up to date.

You can check the TeslaFi firmware tracking page to see what's in use:

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

(I think that's accessible without an account. If not, my apologies for posting a useless link.) Currently, the single most common version is 2019.20.1, at 41.8% of installations, and the newest is 2019.20.2.5, with only six installations (0.1%). Your 2019.15.103 is fairly rare, with 13 installations (0.2%). Note, however, that version numbers are sometimes restricted to particular hardware configurations. At the moment, one big differentiator is the Autopilot hardware version; Model 3s have either HW2.5 or HW3, and it's likely that HW3 is getting different release numbers. Thus, yours may not be as far behind as it might at first seem -- in fact, it's conceivable that 2019.15.103 is the latest for HW3, at least on Model 3. (Tesla's API is reportedly not providing accurate data on HW2.5 vs. HW3 on Model 3s, so we can't currently identify HW3 Model 3s on TeslaFi.) Also, note that TeslaFi tracks the firmware installed on TeslaFi subscribers' cars. This is a small fraction of all Teslas. It's not a representative sample, either -- TeslaFi owners tend to be data "junkies" who are willing to pay to get access to data from their cars. OTOH, firmware is pushed by Tesla not selected by owners, so chances are the percentages TeslaFi reports are similar to what's true of the Tesla fleet as a whole.

• Informative
Reactions: radiocycle
You will slowly learn that software are much worse than boiling pots. At least with a boiling pot, you can time when the boiling should start. With Tesla software updates, they occur when they want to occur. It often takes 2 months for a version to roll to the entire fleet. Also, be aware that not all cars get all versions.

Simple response, just chill. Life happens when it happens.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pegann
I picked up my new M3 yesterday without FSD included and it came with 16.3.2 and says it is up to date.

I don’t think that helps you at all but I’m equally perplexed as to what I should expect to have version wise. I should definitely have HW3 since it was manufactured this month. But I don’t know if a way to actually confirm that.

Hi all - I just took delivery of my model 3 standard range plus over the weekend. A june build, I also have 2019.15.103 a86d242, everything is working perfect, she drives like a dream. I did not pay for full self-driving, so not sure what hardware I am in, but stoked either way!

I got my M3 LR AWD without FSD yesterday. I placed the order on June 5th.

VIN 391xxx and it came with 2019.15.103 a86d242 firmware so, I'm assuming this one has HW3.

I looked behind the glove compartment and I've confirmed mine came with HW3. P/N: 1462554-00-H

TeslaFi shows only 40 cars with update 2019.15.103 and all of them are supposed to be AP 2.5. That can't be right.