Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up 2 weeks ago with this 2019.15.103... no updates on the horizon for me yet. I hear that I should connect my car to my home WiFi. Would this make a difference?

Opinions differ. There have been reports of updates on cars that had no wi-fi service at all. I'd say it wouldn't hurt. Note that there is no "horizon." One day you'll get an alert on your phone or you'll get into your car and the screen will tell you.

I believe that is the newest for some. Mine is 16.12 but I never had 15.103. I’m guessing since yours is new it’s a HW3 version car so it has different software builds. I think some are on 20.1 but I don’t know if that’s for HW3 or others on 2.5 like me. So...either way I don’t think your build is very old. It’s close to 100% up to date.
I got my X on 06/29 with2019.15.103. Not sure why.

I took delivery of my 2019 Model 3 SR+ with FSD on Friday June 28, 2019. I'm on 2019.15.103 a86d242. I'm frustrated because I have used the basic Autopilot features however I do not have options to Navigate on Autopilot, Auto Lane Change, Autopark, Summon. Perhaps calibration process has failed? Already have driven more than 100 miles. Contacting Tesla support.

Have you enabled all those features in the settings? Sorry if the question is insulting. Not meant to be. Some new owners might not realize that at least some of them require you to tell the settings that you want to be able to use them.

I took delivery of my 2019 Model 3 SR+ with FSD on Friday June 28, 2019. I'm on 2019.15.103 a86d242. I'm frustrated because I have used the basic Autopilot features however I do not have options to Navigate on Autopilot, Auto Lane Change, Autopark, Summon. Perhaps calibration process has failed? Already have driven more than 100 miles. Contacting Tesla support.

I’m in same situation. Did you get a solution?

I was at the service center Saturday and asked for a firmware update / push while they were looking at something else.. The tech said my car is up to date and there is no update for it....

Also on 2019.15.103...

Not sure why it's the latest for our cars but that's what I was told by the tech. He offered to repush the firmware if I wanted but I declined since it would have been exactly the same as I have now....

Maybe we are stuck here until the next major update? My car runs fine so I am not all that worried about it but I'd like to play Beach Buggy racing while chilling at the supercharger... :D

1. It would be nice if Tesla updated each vehicle to the latest firmware at delivery. But they don't. It's bad customer service, imo.

2. I was several versions behind when I got my 3 in October. About 4 months later and still no updates, so I asked Tesla to push it. I had about 3 separate updates the following week.

Now it's 4-5 months later and I'm still on that version, 2019.12.1.2. I again asked for Tesla to push an update since ~96% of vehicles are on newer firmware than me (per TeslaFi). But now Tesla said they were going to charge me $10 to push it.

3. Tesla suggests you connect to WiFi. No clue if that makes a difference, but I'm unable to connect at home or work, so maybe that does play a role.

You don't have to be connected to WiFi to receive updates. When I asked Tesla to push updates to me several months back, I wasn't connected to WiFi when they came through.

I think Tesla just prefers WiFi so they can keep their LTE costs down. So if you aren't regularly connected to WiFi, your updates might be pushed last, in the hope that you connect to WiFi in the meantime.

You don't have to be connected to WiFi to receive updates. When I asked Tesla to push updates to me several months back, I wasn't connected to WiFi when they came through.

Folks have speculated that normal updates 'require' WiFi but serious bug fixes are downloaded over cellular.. my car has had WiFi disabled for the last 2 weeks and no software updates have arrived even though I was prompted (and refused one) right before I shut off the WiFi. A couple of releases have actually come out since that time...

FWIW

I got my model 3 three weeks ago I'm on 2019.15.103 and no update yet. I chat with CS and they said I have 2019.16. and my car is displaying it incorrectly. I rebooted it as suggested but no luck still displaying 2019.15.103 .They said make sure I have a strong wifi and you will get an update soon. Anyway still waiting..