Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.15.104.1 -> 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got home a bit ago and the software wanted to update. We were on 2019.15.104.1 and it updated to 2019.24.4.

Release notes state:

CHAdeMO Adapter Support
Sketch pad Improvements
Owners Manual Improvements
Beach Buggy 2: Tesla Edition
Application Launcher
Bopomofo Keyboard

Vancouver, Canada here, and just finished updating my 3 that I've had for 3? weeks...

First thing I did was check my heated seats. STILL have rear heated. Crazy times.

I think I had been sitting on 2019.15.106 or something. Definitely none of the more recent builds. Can't wait to see what all the broohaha is about beach buggy :D

It just takes time before it hits your car. There's no set schedule from what I gather and have read.

I think it has something to do with only pushing the update out to a small batch at a time, and it's not as fast as the delivery rate. But that's just purely my speculation.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
It just takes time before it hits your car. There's no set schedule from what I gather and have read.

I think it has something to do with only pushing the update out to a small batch at a time, and it's not as fast as the delivery rate. But that's just purely my speculation.

I reached out to Tesla, here's their answer:
Hi Angelo,

Thank you for the email.

Software updated happen on a rolling basis... meaning not everyone gets access to the same updates at the same time.

Typically go to a small group first, to ensure no bugs. Then expands to a larger group. and so on...

Sometimes updates are pushed over the air (using LTE cellular) - typically only if the update is safety related.

Otherwise, you can check to see if an update is available by connecting to WIFI, and moving the slider to ADVANCED.

If an update is available, you will see a green line move that represents the download of the update.

Once downloaded you will see the orange alarm clock, and you can schedule when you want to run the update (car shuts down and is inoperable while update being installed).

If you feel that your software is out of date and long over due, you can contact service to see if anything is delayed or needs to be pushed. (Tech support / service number located on bottom right corner after pushing Tesla T at top of screen).

If you do not have WIFI in your building, you can try to connect to your phone as a mobile hotspot. I did this on my way back from Niagara Falls one day - please note, this uses your cellular data. If you are in the area, and can park near our building, you may be able to connect to our Tesla Guest connection - it works, but may not be the fastest at times (large volume of users).

Hope that helps, have a wonderful day!

I reached out to Tesla, here's their answer:
Hi Angelo,

Thank you for the email.

Software updated happen on a rolling basis... meaning not everyone gets access to the same updates at the same time.

Typically go to a small group first, to ensure no bugs. Then expands to a larger group. and so on...

Sometimes updates are pushed over the air (using LTE cellular) - typically only if the update is safety related.

Otherwise, you can check to see if an update is available by connecting to WIFI, and moving the slider to ADVANCED.

If an update is available, you will see a green line move that represents the download of the update.

Once downloaded you will see the orange alarm clock, and you can schedule when you want to run the update (car shuts down and is inoperable while update being installed).

If you feel that your software is out of date and long over due, you can contact service to see if anything is delayed or needs to be pushed. (Tech support / service number located on bottom right corner after pushing Tesla T at top of screen).

If you do not have WIFI in your building, you can try to connect to your phone as a mobile hotspot. I did this on my way back from Niagara Falls one day - please note, this uses your cellular data. If you are in the area, and can park near our building, you may be able to connect to our Tesla Guest connection - it works, but may not be the fastest at times (large volume of users).

Hope that helps, have a wonderful day!
hmmmmm, i seen the alarm clock on the top right of my screen but it disappeared and i have no update

i just picked up my model 3 a few days ago. i currently have version 2019.15.104.1 Is this normal or should i have the newer one by now?
My first M3 updated after about 2 days, that was returned and my next M3 I have had about a week and it has not updated yet. It is still on 2019.15.104.

I do have rear seats heating and hope the update doesn’t take that away.

Just got the update and noticed this error message for the dash cam USB. I know for a fact my USB stick is fast enough so I'm assuming I just need to reformat it but I've never seen this message before. Hopefully the dash cam and sentry mode will produce more reliable video files. I'll update if I notice any improvement.

I'm using the Sandisk Extreme Go USB 3.1 128gb

IMG_7483.jpg

I think because it saves 3 separate video streams at the same time to separate files in real-time, you can't rely on the sequential write performance (usually the advertised speed) of the USB drive, the write position will be thrashing back and forth between the different files. For example, that San Disk drive has a sequential write speed of 150 MB/sec, but random write benchmarks are only ~2 MB/sec. Probably a proper SSD drive would work a lot better since the controllers are very fast at random addressing compared to these thumb drives.

Reactions: animorph
I think because it saves 3 separate video streams at the same time to separate files in real-time, you can't rely on the sequential write performance (usually the advertised speed) of the USB drive, the write position will be thrashing back and forth between the different files. For example, that San Disk drive has a sequential write speed of 150 MB/sec, but random write benchmarks are only ~2 MB/sec. Probably a proper SSD drive would work a lot better since the controllers are very fast at random addressing compared to these thumb drives.

Where do you even find out that information?

Just got the update and noticed this error message for the dash cam USB. I know for a fact my USB stick is fast enough so I'm assuming I just need to reformat it but I've never seen this message before. Hopefully the dash cam and sentry mode will produce more reliable video files. I'll update if I notice any improvement.

I'm using the Sandisk Extreme Go USB 3.1 128gb

View attachment 433898
I got the same error. Tesla needs to fix this. Also needs to post updates in changelog about software that matters. Who cares about beach buggies?

I got the same error. Tesla needs to fix this. Also needs to post updates in changelog about software that matters. Who cares about beach buggies?

Hey, so I tried another USB stick I was having trouble with in the past only this time I did the highest level reformatting my Mac could do. It took overnight to reformat it but it seems to have fixed my issues with that drive. You might want to give it a try. When you reformat the drive, there should be a way to select different levels of formatting. I'm running a Mac so it looks like this.

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.08.15 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: darth_vad3r