Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.15.11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 2 people in TeslaFI received 15.11 today while 60 people received 16.2.

I’m not convinced it has anything to do with California or capping the charge levels at the Superchargers. I’m not really sure why they would even require a firmware update to cap the charge levels. It seems like it could be handled from the supercharger side since the vehicle communicates to the supercharger and up to the server when it reaches a certain threshold. I would think the server could manage the charging level restrictions without requiring anything special on the firmware side.

It seems like it could be handled from the supercharger side since the vehicle communicates to the supercharger and up to the server when it reaches a certain threshold. I would think the server could manage the charging level restrictions without requiring anything special on the firmware side.

Absolutely possible. However, any in-car UI changes would need new fw to inform owners who don’t read Tesla news or these forums as to why they’re being capped (otherwise a lot of people would be confused/upset when their charging stops at 80% SoC).

TeslaFi only shows 3 cars updated with 15.11 today and 24 updated with 16.2. Things have slowed down significantly.

It could be that Tesla was looking for a small dataset, or it could be that there are small differences in our hardware and that these were specific fixes to address those. It’s difficult to know without internal release notes.

Does any have an TeslaFi account and can check the area that 2019.15.11 is being installed? I hope its to test the 250kW charger in Fremont?
Not likely
BB34B05A-AF55-41DB-86D3-1C786A2D2F92.png 8639EE27-0880-4B42-93D2-A6E1D496E1DF.png

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
There is a report of a car on 19.15.11 showing 622 mi/hr at 146 kW. This comes from reddit: thread, image. With the wider-released software, that display has been limited to 500 mi/hr, so that is an indication that 19.15.11 could be a V3 charging profile. If true, there's a good chance the taper is later than seen previously. I'd be particularly interested in seeing the charging power between 50-80%, if you have 15.11 and visit a Supercharger.

Here's an optimistic charging profile that may be possible with 15.11. I'll be consolidating any reports in this thread: 150kW Supercharging for Model 3

20190527 3LR V2 Opt chrg.png

Just for any data points you folks may be looking for, I’m in Kentucky, LR RWD, VIN 014xxx, FSD, 42k miles on the ODO, and in the Early Access Program. I haven’t SC’d since getting 15.11. I did a 175 mile drive today but didn’t notice any major annoyances or surprises. I will say that I’m not a big fan of the lane keep assist; when I was going down my street this morning (no lines or lane markings), I moved over to the far right to give an oncoming group of walkers some additional space and LKA tried to swerve me back into them.