TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019.16.2 Disables Autopilot, Cruise Control, Auto Wipers and Auto Headlights

Discussion in 'Model S' started by tchiggins, May 31, 2019.

1. tchiggins

tchiggins New Member

Hi All
    After I updated my Model S 2018 100D (2.5 AP) to 2019.16.2 I noticed that Autopilot, Cruise Control, Auto Wipers and Auto Headlights no longer functioned. Tesla have said this is a firmware bug and will be fixed soon.

So many bugs and hardware faults ....

Just posting so if anyone else has this issue they know what it is
    Tom

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

I had this issue with both 16.1 and 16.2 on my P100D. An overnight sleep cycle while on the charger (I turned off “always connected, just to be safe) fixed the issue both times.

3. conman

conman Active Member

When I had it, it would last somewhere between 5 and 15 minutes but usually corrected itself. I haven't seen it since upgrading to 2019.16.3.1

4. Zesoloist

Zesoloist Member

2018 S75D same issue after latest update

5. Zesoloist

Zesoloist Member

Update: like others, turned off sentry. Came back to car, cruise control and AP work.

• Helpful x 1
  6. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Just had my husband call me while he was driving his MS (first time on highway since update) and went to use Autopilot and got the message it wasn't working. He has used Sentry so I'll let him know about turning it off and seeing if that restores AP.

BTW I thought I read somewhere on the forum that if you have Sentry Mode on it deactivates Cabin Overheat Protection. I've been on 16.2 on my Model 3 and use both and don't recall a problem there but maybe haven't seen the temps hot enough outside last week to reach 105F or checked during a hot afternoon with Sentry turned on too. Are you guys seeing any issues using both on your MSs?

• Informative x 1
  7. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

#7 SMAlset, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Well turning off Sentry Mode for him worked! Drove home with TACC working. He said he turned Sentry Mode back on and everything was still fine. Kind of funny because he did have some problems with the update. He did the update remotely from work and then saw on his app that it hung so asked me to check it out. The car was off when I got in it, Did the two wheel reboot and it came up with message "Update Completed, Checking Status", so clicked closed on that window. His car had no connectivity, all his music including radio stations had lost their images. The car was in a area with wifi. I went into a number of screens and then suddenly saw a radio stations image show up on the driver's display and then they popped up on the other sources as well. Had thought everything was fine but then this AP issue showed up when he was driving. I really thought the reboot would have "cured" any problems.

BTW from the time I sat in his car to reboot to the time the car sent a notification to the phone the update was complete took 20 minutes.

Big thank you to everyone. He's a happy Tesla driver once again :D.

• Like x 1
  8. BBone

BBone Member

My autostreer/autopilot went out a couple of days ago and I'm on 2019.16.2. I have a 2018 P100D.

I'm going out in a few minutes to try turning off sentry mode and see if that works.

I did call the 800 number for Tesla and the tech there said that it's a known bug and basically to wait for a firmware update.

9. PhaseWhite

PhaseWhite Member

I had this issue as well, it was related to Sentry Mode, my wife had enabled it for all parking locations. It seemed to have crashed the AP computer. After I disabled it completely, everything recovered after the car sat for a few hours uninterrupted.

10. BBone

BBone Member

OK I turned off sentry last night while I charged. This morning everything seems to work again re AP and autosteer. So great suggestion and turn off and on sentry to get AP working with this bug.

11. jlv1

jlv1 Twice as much fun

I've got 2019.16.2 on both my cars and haven't seen anything like this. I'll keep in the mind the workaround if it happens.

12. jsimon77

jsimon77 Member

Just had the same issues in my car. I hope they get this bug fixed quickly.

13. timvracer

timvracer Member

Service center told me to turn off Sentry AND remove my USB stick (with my audio files). It worked, and it has remained enabled. He also mentioned it needs to go through a sleep cycle if it does become disabled. Engineers are working on a fix, obviously a software bug. With Sentry using all the cameras, and potentially writing to USB... well, somewhere in there they disabled the cameras!

• Informative x 1
  14. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

I'm stunned how a USB issue can cause so many (what I would think unrelated functions) to stop working. Not the first time I've read about odd things on here caused by USB sticks.