Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.16.2 Disables Autopilot, Cruise Control, Auto Wipers and Auto Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tchiggins

May 31, 2019
UK
Hi All
After I updated my Model S 2018 100D (2.5 AP) to 2019.16.2 I noticed that Autopilot, Cruise Control, Auto Wipers and Auto Headlights no longer functioned. Tesla have said this is a firmware bug and will be fixed soon.

So many bugs and hardware faults ....

Just posting so if anyone else has this issue they know what it is
Tom

Just had my husband call me while he was driving his MS (first time on highway since update) and went to use Autopilot and got the message it wasn't working. He has used Sentry so I'll let him know about turning it off and seeing if that restores AP.

BTW I thought I read somewhere on the forum that if you have Sentry Mode on it deactivates Cabin Overheat Protection. I've been on 16.2 on my Model 3 and use both and don't recall a problem there but maybe haven't seen the temps hot enough outside last week to reach 105F or checked during a hot afternoon with Sentry turned on too. Are you guys seeing any issues using both on your MSs?

• Informative
Reactions: BBone
Well turning off Sentry Mode for him worked! Drove home with TACC working. He said he turned Sentry Mode back on and everything was still fine. Kind of funny because he did have some problems with the update. He did the update remotely from work and then saw on his app that it hung so asked me to check it out. The car was off when I got in it, Did the two wheel reboot and it came up with message "Update Completed, Checking Status", so clicked closed on that window. His car had no connectivity, all his music including radio stations had lost their images. The car was in a area with wifi. I went into a number of screens and then suddenly saw a radio stations image show up on the driver's display and then they popped up on the other sources as well. Had thought everything was fine but then this AP issue showed up when he was driving. I really thought the reboot would have "cured" any problems.

BTW from the time I sat in his car to reboot to the time the car sent a notification to the phone the update was complete took 20 minutes.

Big thank you to everyone. He's a happy Tesla driver once again :D.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBone
My autostreer/autopilot went out a couple of days ago and I'm on 2019.16.2. I have a 2018 P100D.

I'm going out in a few minutes to try turning off sentry mode and see if that works.

I did call the 800 number for Tesla and the tech there said that it's a known bug and basically to wait for a firmware update.

I had this issue as well, it was related to Sentry Mode, my wife had enabled it for all parking locations. It seemed to have crashed the AP computer. After I disabled it completely, everything recovered after the car sat for a few hours uninterrupted.

My autostreer/autopilot went out a couple of days ago and I'm on 2019.16.2. I have a 2018 P100D.

I'm going out in a few minutes to try turning off sentry mode and see if that works.

I did call the 800 number for Tesla and the tech there said that it's a known bug and basically to wait for a firmware update.
OK I turned off sentry last night while I charged. This morning everything seems to work again re AP and autosteer. So great suggestion and turn off and on sentry to get AP working with this bug.

Service center told me to turn off Sentry AND remove my USB stick (with my audio files). It worked, and it has remained enabled. He also mentioned it needs to go through a sleep cycle if it does become disabled. Engineers are working on a fix, obviously a software bug. With Sentry using all the cameras, and potentially writing to USB... well, somewhere in there they disabled the cameras!

• Informative
Reactions: Art VandeIay