Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.16 bug!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, I drove 150kms. I got font corruption at startup and needed to reboot. Then I had one music glitch every minute for half an hour. Then, I got corrupted sat map in navigation (see picture)

Dear Tesla, please stop having your software developed by interns. I am available to review and debug your code for free if it could help. I’m just asking for stable, reactivate and non buggy car interface, not for any new feature.

Attachments

• F4B8FFD9-D403-410A-B853-78E6FD7E5013.jpeg
    F4B8FFD9-D403-410A-B853-78E6FD7E5013.jpeg
    516.6 KB · Views: 85
please stop having your software developed by interns.

Err, I do not think such major strategy change will happen on your request :)
The stupid things like refreshing a whole map, then overlaying most of it with other apps, shows that there are no requirements to do MCU programming for Tesla, hence; you are most likely grossly overqualified.

There is another annoying bug. The feature I like the most on the big screen is the round app corners which subtly let see the navigation map when other apps are open. But, you forgot to add round corners around the sketchpad app. This breaks the overall UI design consistency. Please fix this for the next release!

Another idea, I remarked that the touch screen gets quite warm. When the fireplace app is on, you could make the CPU busy like crazy (for example by doing bitcoin mining as a background task, or even more effective, by continuously redrawing the nav map with traffic info) to make the screen even warmer, greatly enhancing the romance effect.

I *think* it has to do with the way MCU1 (Tegra 3 chipset) writes to memory. So once you see memory corruption in 1 version every 2nd version that you update to you will see the corrupted images. I am probably be completely wrong and that is not how it works at all, just a weird guess/dream i had 1 time.