Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.17 firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
2019.17 is now out, wonder what this one brings.

Fred
AC19B295-37CA-4AAA-A577-FFFC5F4BFBA7.jpeg

Usually, not always, the odd week releases are beta or early access program releases, not meant for the general public. There is a much higher chance we'll see 2019.18 or 2019.20 in a few weeks. The strange thing about this one is that it went to a car in China though.

How come I still have the 2019.12.1.2 ? I just got my delivery three weeks ago so I’m kind a new to this .

You're on the most current "stable" version same as most of us. You won't get every version of the updates that come out. As suggested above, now that Tesla is global there may be updates put out that are country specific to conform to regulations in said country. Other times you may see various iterations of a particular version due to tweaking of something that the first wave of updated cars had issue with.

Also, everyone does not get the update at the same time it is done in waves until everyone is finally updated. This process can take a couple weeks sometimes to get it rolled out to the fleet.

If you connect to wi-fi regularly, (like every night), it helps to get updates sooner. Also, if you have FSD (esp. from the start), I personally think that helps too.

While in my garage, I don't leave my car until I see it connect to wi-fi. I've had a lot of updates about an hour later. I've had 16.1 since 5/16.