Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.20.1 - Just got this in the UK...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mark_T

Nov 1, 2017
UK
Anyone else with this version in the UK have any comments yet?

I can't test it myself yet as I'm out of the country until Wednesday morning, but I'll add comments once I'm back.

Model S100D 2018

Any release notes?
I got the update this afternoon and release notes are brief and as in the image I've attached.
Mine is an AP1 car though, if that makes a difference.

2019.12.1 notes.jpg

Interestingly, none of the AP3 cars showing on TeslaFi have switched to this update. Mine (AP3) is still not offering the update.

Is this being pushed in chronological order for the cars, or are they holding off updating the latest cars until it seems all claer from the rest of the estate.. who knows...

Interestingly, none of the AP3 cars showing on TeslaFi have switched to this update. Mine (AP3) is still not offering the update.

Is this being pushed in chronological order for the cars, or are they holding off updating the latest cars until it seems all claer from the rest of the estate.. who knows...

There has never been any consistent logic applied to updates. So many variables involved to leave you guessing. I presume you have ticked the "advanced" software update option and are connected to wifi while parked up overnight?

There has never been any consistent logic applied to updates. So many variables involved to leave you guessing. I presume you have ticked the "advanced" software update option and are connected to wifi while parked up overnight?

Yes - been connected to wifi overnight for two nights. I have also noticed that in the last couple of hours an AP3 car on Teslafi has updated, but only to 2019.16.3.2, not 2019.20.

Its looking like AP3 cars are being held back from the update for now - but no idea why.

Yes - been connected to wifi overnight for two nights. I have also noticed that in the last couple of hours an AP3 car on Teslafi has updated, but only to 2019.16.3.2, not 2019.20.

Its looking like AP3 cars are being held back from the update for now - but no idea why.
AP3 is on a different release cycle as they're basically having to program it separately due to the new hardware. It's been reported that it does not have feature parity with AP2.5 yet.

• Informative
Reactions: ediflyer

Compatibility. That will have to be built, scheduling in DEV will be whatever makes sense - fewer cars on AP3 might be a high priority (small sample if it goes Pear Shaped) or a low priority (max users upgraded gets max publicity of Cool New Stuff)

Or it might be that the last release was buggy, in which case prioritise those unfortunates first

Either way: you will get the update when you get the update. There is no magic source, so no point expecting it .. .even when TeslaFi lists it as distributing widely you will see a rump of <10% a month later, no one knows why they didn;t get it, some will be "away" but not all of them.

I went through a period of getting updates at longer than six month intervals, no idea why, now I am getting them at fortnight intervals, no idea why. Nothing (e.g. WiFi / parking location) has changed as far as I am aware.

I have absolutely no wish to try to influence getting to the front of the queue, Tesla software QA is dreadful, so I'm happy with "whatever". The novelty will wear off ... although I thought that not getting the Christmas Easter <sic!> Egg until February wasn't much cop :rolleyes:

2019.20 is nothing exciting anyway. Still as bug ridden as ever. The latest glitch I've noticed is the front passenger seat heater switching itself off a few seconds after driving away then working fine if you switch it back on until the next time you re-start the car when it switches itself off again. Also 2019.20 seems prone to occasionally losing mobile signal permanently after dropping out, requiring an MCU reboot to finally get the signal back. Reminiscent of V8 days when this was quite common at one point.

Tesla software is a real love/hate deal, but would be awesome without all the random bugs. Every new release seems to fix some bugs, introduce new bugs and sometimes re-introduce previously fixed bugs. I can't help thinking it needs someone at the highest technical level to really get a grip on their poor software QC.