Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it last night. Here’s what I’ve noticed. AP seems to be working much better. The nags are now 40 seconds apart and only ask for application of slight turn on the wheel. ELDA is still turn off on every drive. Wipers seem to be working fine. So far so good.

Reactions: Danny Brown
I got it last night. Here’s what I’ve noticed. AP seems to be working much better. The nags are now 40 seconds apart and only ask for application of slight turn on the wheel. ELDA is still turn off on every drive. Wipers seem to be working fine. So far so good.
I'm back and forth on this honestly. In same ways I see that AP is working better but in some ways it seems far more skittish than it has ever been.

The biggest issue I see that persists is AP trying to change lanes in an intersection - ESPECIALLY when the intersection has a slight left bend to it. It seems to do fantastic in that same situation but with the intersection having a slight right bend. Left bends almost always result in the car want to jerk into the left lane. It's like it sees the lane marker on the other side of the intersection but interprets it as being aligned with the center of the car so it's tries to course correct to the left.

I just got a GoPro 7 and a suction cup mount so I'll get some good video of it soon. My car is HW3 so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

• Informative
Reactions: hcdavis3
I'm back and forth on this honestly. In same ways I see that AP is working better but in some ways it seems far more skittish than it has ever been.

The biggest issue I see that persists is AP trying to change lanes in an intersection - ESPECIALLY when the intersection has a slight left bend to it. It seems to do fantastic in that same situation but with the intersection having a slight right bend. Left bends almost always result in the car want to jerk into the left lane. It's like it sees the lane marker on the other side of the intersection but interprets it as being aligned with the center of the car so it's tries to course correct to the left.

I just got a GoPro 7 and a suction cup mount so I'll get some good video of it soon. My car is HW3 so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Please let us know how you make out.

One of our 3s attempted to get it yesterday, but it failed so Tesla pushed it another software updated which ended up being 16.3.2 ( coming from 16.2) the then failed and cause a huge mess. Then got updated again via pushed to car by making the appointment in the app. Which it updated to 16.3.2 again. But it fixed all the issues. Then about a hour later got 20.2.1 OTA and all things are good again. So cool story is car updated 3 times within 24 hours.

Not for me. It was always before about 10 seconds for me. 16.2 had me grabbing the wheel at that interval at 10 seconds.
Not an actual issue - if you keep a hand on the wheel like you're supposed to, you never get any nags. I'm honestly astonished that people actually complain about the "nags" - I haven't gotten ANY in something like 9 months.

Not for me. It was always before about 10 seconds for me. 16.2 had me grabbing the wheel at that interval at 10 seconds.

I recall reading (I think in the Model 3 owner's manual, but I could be mistaken about where I read it) that the nag interval decreases as you get more nags. That is, it starts out long, but if you persist in not touching the wheel, the interval decreases. If this is correct, it could be that your car decided you're a bad Autopilot user because you seldom touch the wheel and so set itself to a default nag interval of 10 seconds, but this update has either reset that to the system default or changed Tesla's algorithm in some way. If so, and if you persist in not touching the wheel, your interval may begin to drop again. If this begins to happen, the solution is as @sduck suggests....

Not an actual issue - if you keep a hand on the wheel like you're supposed to, you never get any nags. I'm honestly astonished that people actually complain about the "nags" - I haven't gotten ANY in something like 9 months.

I concur. Autopilot is great, but situations can develop fast on the road, so having your hands on the wheel most of the time is important.

That said, I do get a nag once in a while, simply because sometimes I don't apply enough torque for the Tesla to detect that my hands are on the wheel.

• Informative
Reactions: A2be and VValleyEV
I keep my hand on the wheel at all times and still get nagged. Not a big deal for !e because I just give it a slight nudge and the nag goes away.

Reactions: plumazul and dwalme
I’m not complaining about the nags. I wanted to confirm that the new firmware is better/different from 16.2. I always apply a little pressure to the steering wheel when on AP. I’m still having trust issues with it, which will hopefully dissipate in time.

I keep my hand on the wheel at all times and still get nagged. Not a big deal for !e because I just give it a slight nudge and the nag goes away.
You've had your car for a month or 2? You'll note that I've had my car for a year, and I said no nags for 9 months - in other words, it took me a while to learn how to hold the wheel to eliminate the nags. I also had trust issues, and there's definitely a learning curve.

Anyone have experiences with 2019.20.2.1 on a Model S/X? There is not a separate thread for that, so am hoping that some here are actually S/X owners??

I am on 2019.20.1 9973c22, expecting an update very soon, wondering what I will see different for S/X? We still don’t have ELDA, am guessing that might be part of it. The last release, 20.1, already got much better on AP, fixed some of the corner cases, in particular a badly marked left exit. Works great now on 20.1, completely avoids that left exit, but with previous releases the car would start drifting into that exit lane because it looked like a lane widening, then it would yank back to the right when it figured out what was going on.

Anyone have experiences with 2019.20.2.1 on a Model S/X? There is not a separate thread for that, so am hoping that some here are actually S/X owners??

I am on 2019.20.1 9973c22, expecting an update very soon, wondering what I will see different for S/X? We still don’t have ELDA, am guessing that might be part of it. The last release, 20.1, already got much better on AP, fixed some of the corner cases, in particular a badly marked left exit. Works great now on 20.1, completely avoids that left exit, but with previous releases the car would start drifting into that exit lane because it looked like a lane widening, then it would yank back to the right when it figured out what was going on.

Hi,

I am a Model S owner in UK on 2019.20.2.1 and just recently had map updates allowing NOA..Re the pull back out of an upcoming lane widening ,I used to get this every night driving home on a section of the M40 to the second,and now whether with map update or the software update it has gone so I guess like lots of things it is a work in progress.Best wishes to you.

Reactions: VValleyEV