Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
re: battery drain.....

FWIW, I lost 12 miles of range in 8 hours in the work parking lot yesterday on 20.4.1. It was in the 80s, and I have overheat set to "no AC".

could be that, could be something else.....

Is ELDA able to be disabled and STAY off now? there are some threads talking about bad experiences with that. Maybe someone checked the forums and decided to do something about it.

It would be cool if you didn't have to grind the tyres to play Beach Buggy. Can they even do that? Is the Model S steer by wire?
Heheh - yes it would indeed but I doubt that is technically feasible with safety standards to adhere to. None the less it DOES feel like there is a 'disconnect' from the physical steering rack just after you park (steering feels extremely light) but I reckon that must be the powersteering switching to a very high level in order to aid exiting the car smoothly...

You’re one level too high. There are big differences between 20.2 and 20.4.

The bug fixes are 20.4.1 ... 20.4.2.

YEAR.WEEK.BUILD.VERSION

Week is a major update, most likely new feature. Build update is a minor update. Version is just a bug fix.

Exactly the point is to cover the bug fix update thread with the main one. 20.4.X are bug fixes so 2019.20.X would be sufficient.

Must of been important to push out. I updated to 2019.20.4.1 yesterday and haven't been on WiFi since then and just got the update over LTE.
Firmware updates are pushed over LTE all the time. Map updates require WIFI to download. This is confirmed by an engineer that works for tesla that happens to be a friend of mine. So importance can not be judged by this fact.

But, as pointed out before by others, they do not waste time and effort to roll out just a game. That is usually done just because people EXPECT something new on each update, as promised by Elon, so if there is nothing obviously visible new in an update they will add a gimmick to satisfy the need for something new. The work happens below the hood.

i got the update last night. I installed it and will be testing it today. The previous update was very bad at autopilot. Car distances were not accurate. Warned me some times for red lights while on autopilot but only when i was going 5mph. Otherwise it was worse than 2019.4.

I hope they reverted the algorithms to what they were in 2019.4 in this update, or bettered what they updated. Cause the way autopilot is working for me on 2019.20.2.1 is terrible.

I got in my 3MR this morning for my appts and it was ready to install, but had to leave and couldn't update until about an hour ago. But when I was out this morning the LTE wasn't working and every time I tried to navigate somewhere new it stated I was offline. LTE showed good bars, but wasn't working. My guess is it was that and possible drain, but I didn't really notice the phantom drain although I was really paying attention either...

This is the same file size at 55mb as 20.2.1. Seems like it’s minor and probably an update to beach buggy.

Phantom drain is the same for me on 20.2.1 compared to previous builds. It’s at 1.2 miles per day.

My download was about 210 MB. The last four were roughly:

2019.20.4.2 - 210 MB
2019.20.4.1 - 375 MB
2019.20.2.1 - 225 MB
2019.20.1.0 - 575 MB