Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My HomeLink has been working normally as expected with these latest updates.

There's a known issue with HomeLink where if you reverse after entering your garage before putting it in park (for example pulling in and realizing you want to back up a few inches before parking) it will not activate auto-close the next time you leave. It's more likely this bug and just coincidental timing regarding the updates.

Thank you for this! I have always had spotty luck with auto-close and realized most days I would pull in and then use reverse to back up to use the camera and get the car in just right. Since I have read your post, I now just activate the camera when pulling in so I can stop at the right spot without reversing. Auto-close is now working consistently.

Now I just need an update that will automatically activate the rear camera when I am pulling in to home.

Got 2 updates within 3 days. Went from 12.x.x to 20.2.1 and then 20.4.2. Quick question regarding the addition of Lane Departure Avoidance. Does this feature only work with AP? I have it turned on but it doesn't seem to work. I don't have AP.

Got 2 updates within 3 days. Went from 12.x.x to 20.2.1 and then 20.4.2. Quick question regarding the addition of Lane Departure Avoidance. Does this feature only work with AP? I have it turned on but it doesn't seem to work. I don't have AP.

Lane Departure Avoidance and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance work without AP; they come standard. They just have very specific situations in which they trigger. ELDA is a little more mysterious, but for LDA you need your turn signal off, your hands off the steering wheel, and the car to drift gradually over a lane line.

Lane Departure Avoidance and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance work without AP; they come standard. They just have very specific situations in which they trigger. ELDA is a little more mysterious, but for LDA you need your turn signal off, your hands off the steering wheel, and the car to drift gradually over a lane line.

Ah, hands off the steering wheel. That's probably why it hasn't worked for me.

Why not just turn on the rear view camera while pulling in? I do this to make sure I've cleared the garage door.

Yes, that's what I have been doing (as mentioned in the previous line), but would be nice if it does automatically via geofence. I usually have the trip meter showing so turning on the camera involves two steps - not the end of the world, just would be a nice convenience.

Go park within wifi range of a Service Center, even if they're closed. All Teslas are hard-coded to automatically login to that network if you're in range.

--Source, me....the Dedham, MA Service Center/Delivery Center/Supercharger is a good spot to go charge up, and if you're in one of the closer stalls to the building, pull updates at the same time.

This used to work about 2 years ago but you cannot get any updates when you are close to the Service Center, even if you connect to the SCs WiFi. If the Service Center enters a service request to work on your car, you will normally get the latest update for you car when you get home.

My car has definitely regressed using NoA when exiting the highway. Exits that previously worked fine now require me to take over.
The other problem that I encounter all the time is NoA wants to move me to move into a faster lane when the exit is within 2 miles.
When I let that happen with even regular traffic the car typically doesn't make it back to the right hand lane in time to take the exit.
When you get within 2 miles of the exit the car should be moving over to the right hand lane. Sure a human can be more aggressive and make the necessary lane changes but right now NoA cannot handle moving quickly across multiple lanes especially in rush hour traffic.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Took delivery today and I see sw version 2019.15.103....
Will I get an update soon or do I need to do anything.
Also how to check HW version?

My update came the day after I took delivery. Good luck, but know there are bugs... for some reason, my screen soft booted all on it's own three times since - once while driving. This seems to happen with I was selecting options on the screen.

My car has definitely regressed using NoA when exiting the highway. Exits that previously worked fine now require me to take over.
The other problem that I encounter all the time is NoA wants to move me to move into a faster lane when the exit is within 2 miles.
When I let that happen with even regular traffic the car typically doesn't make it back to the right hand lane in time to take the exit.
When you get within 2 miles of the exit the car should be moving over to the right hand lane. Sure a human can be more aggressive and make the necessary lane changes but right now NoA cannot handle moving quickly across multiple lanes especially in rush hour traffic.

So glad I decided not to blow $6k on FSD. I’ll reconsider when HW4 is out with my next Tesla.

Reactions: FloridaGary