Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 20.4.2 with notification and without WiFi. It is the only non-WiFi update i have ever gotten.

I had significant difficulty with lane changing while using Nav on AP while on the last version (20.4.1?). It started but failed to complete multiple lane changes at several points on a 25 mile drive. They were lane changes I expected would be completed without issue. At one point the car was weaving a bit wildly as it moved into and out of the next lane time after time. adjusting from mad max to average did not help.

I do not know that this was the issue that drove the quick update or if more should have been done to avoid it but regardless I am happy to see the urgency placed on correcting what ever it was.

I noticed that my “since h:mm” trip meter didn’t auto reset after the 20.4.2 update. Pretty sure it was still auto-resetting after 20.4.1 (every time going from park to drive).
Pretty sure there had to be a certain amount of time elapse in park... So if you stop at Quick-E-Mart for a Squishee for 5 min, it doesn't count it as a separate trip. I haven't timed it on Tesla, but I know my other car (Jetta) I think you have to be parked for 2h.

Pretty sure there had to be a certain amount of time elapse in park... So if you stop at Quick-E-Mart for a Squishee for 5 min, it doesn't count it as a separate trip. I haven't timed it on Tesla, but I know my other car (Jetta) I think you have to be parked for 2h.

This was an overnight parking of ~8-9 hours. It seems to have been a bug though, since it reset afterwards each time I went to park, and no, there doesn't seem to be any duration ... even 10s in Park resets it for me.

Has anyone who was updated to 20.4.2 been updated from a version older than 20.4.1?
I had 20.2.1 and just got the 20.4.2 tonight. An interface difference with the quick buttons adding more links and Beach Buggy is all I saw. Must be something they needed to fix. Saw some people talking about 20.4.1 wasn't autolocking the car doors so maybe that's why the quick push was done.

Seems like it just flipped to wider than just 20.4.1 tonight. I was on 20.2.1 until now.

Beach Buggy is pretty fun with the big screen and the steering wheel controls. I can actually see myself playing this should I find myself needing to wait in my car for something (such as charging).