Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.20.4.4 - Dancing remains - Sunspot retired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The subject says it all. The dancing continues, but the "specular highlight" (White dot) that was supposed to represent the reflection of the sun on the rear window, is gone. Hopefully some bugs got fixed along the way. Keep those OTAs comin'

Love the car!

And I was wrong. My sunspot returned today. I guess it just took the day off yesterday, even though it was a sunny day. Those wacky Teslas :)

Perhaps it was a cloudy day (smile)?! Yeah, it really puzzled me why they would have expended programing time on removing that, given how full their plate is with everything else (e.g., dancing cars, etc.)

I wonder what is up with the dancing vehicles. Have they been like this since 2017? Either render the vehicle on the screen or don't. Avatars of vehicles spinning around all over the place does not add any value.
I know many people comment about dancing vehicles but since I rarely look at the left hand side of the display I don't really care.
Now if the display showed cars further back and/or in my blind spot I would be more inclined to glance down but for now looking away from the road is a waste of time and not the safest way to drive.
Granted it looks cool and is a good conversation piece but as far as driving is concerned not much help. Now I will look down if stop signs and lights show up on the car as I approach intersections especially in the initial rollout of FSD.

I know many people comment about dancing vehicles but since I rarely look at the left hand side of the display I don't really care.
Now if the display showed cars further back and/or in my blind spot I would be more inclined to glance down but for now looking away from the road is a waste of time and not the safest way to drive.
Granted it looks cool and is a good conversation piece but as far as driving is concerned not much help. Now I will look down if stop signs and lights show up on the car as I approach intersections especially in the initial rollout of FSD.

Fully agree but the fact that the vehicles are dancing all around just indicates an unfinished piece of software. I only had my car a couple months so I am curious if they have been behaving this way since the M3 was released.

One other thing I noticed since updating to 2019.20.4.4 is reduced vampire drain and overall less battery percentage reduction on same routes taken when on 2019.20.4.4. Of course, I didn't get more battery capacity, but it does seem the algorithm for calculating reserve has been changed.