Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had an email from Tesla - apparently they've modified my order. I'm picking it up tomorrow! They've taken my gray wheels off and replaced them with silver. It doesn't make any sense. It is written as if I made the change - I couldn't if I wanted to. I'll be more than a little pissed off if my car isn't the correct spec when I arrive. :mad:
Ooof where are you picking up from, I'm in 2 minds about the wheels and I am picking up from heathrow tomorrow

Nightmare - called Tesla today M3P black / white interior. Was collecting before Christmas some guy telling me today that it’s likely to be middle Jan.

Just going to sit patient as I don’t think they have much of a clue. Sharing a car with the wife is hard work. Please Tesla help me :)

my M3P blue/black, ordered 2nd Nov with Black Horse financing, had a lot of issues sorting out finance. Quite a saga!

Luckily I managed to find one in the inventory and "claim" it. Estimated delivery was set to 5th of December.

Then BH claimed they had not received any financing request. They took 4 weeks to decline. Then I had a helping hand from Mike at Tesla delivery centre Birmingham, who phoned me up on 5th to see if I'm still coming to collect :) He sent me to another financing company, which did approve the finance.

Now it looks like if all the paperwork is done on time tomorrow (invoice just issued), I can collect on Wednesday. Fingers crossed!
When did you apply for financing, at the order or at a later date? Did you apply for financing directly through Tesla with Blackhorse? When and how did you find out that Blackhorse didn’t approve it?
I hope you managed to sort out everything in the end, and you are enjoying the car!;)

Lurker here so my first post - hi!

Ordered an M3P (default spec minus Enhanced Autopilot). Ordered 15th November and just got a collection date of next Wednesday (18th) from Stockport!

Has caught me out a bit because I don't have a charger installed at home yet. I've been given a new Tesla wall charger by a friend so just need to get it installed which I hope will be relatively straightforward for any qualified electrician.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that I'll be able to cope with overnight slow charges from a normal mains supply but I think it might be close. I do 70 miles a day on weedays, very little use at the weekends. Any thoughts?

I've got access to another ICE car so can leave it charging during the day as well if it really comes to it.

Is there a link to a standard checklist I should run through on the day of collection to check for faults?

This was a lease car through Synergy as the broker and Lex.

I have ordered a Model 3 LR from existing inventory option on 4th Dec. Selected finance through Tesla and Trading in my car (BMW 535d). I thought that existing inventory would be quicker for delivery however have not heard anything from tesla. I have called them yesterday and they said it could be last week of December for the delivery.

I am not sure whether go ahead and get the charger installed or wait for to hear finance application result and delivery dates.

Has anybody tried calling the dealer directly rather than tesla number and get more detailed information

I have ordered a Model 3 LR from existing inventory option on 4th Dec. Selected finance through Tesla and Trading in my car (BMW 535d). I thought that existing inventory would be quicker for delivery however have not heard anything from tesla. I have called them yesterday and they said it could be last week of December for the delivery.

I am not sure whether go ahead and get the charger installed or wait for to hear finance application result and delivery dates.

Has anybody tried calling the dealer directly rather than tesla number and get more detailed information
In the same boat as you mate, ordered mine out of Existing Inventory on the 5th Dec and presumed it was waiting at a delivery centre to be collected. I called yesterday and they said they are working to get cars to customers before Christmas. He also said that the car was 'on its way' i can only assume its on the cargo ship Dong a Glaucos about to arrive in Zeebrugge. After that cars will need to be partially assembled and then distributed to uk. So i find it hard to believe that will all happen pre Christmas.

In the same boat as you mate, ordered mine out of Existing Inventory on the 5th Dec and presumed it was waiting at a delivery centre to be collected. I called yesterday and they said they are working to get cars to customers before Christmas. He also said that the car was 'on its way' i can only assume its on the cargo ship Dong a Glaucos about to arrive in Zeebrugge. After that cars will need to be partially assembled and then distributed to uk. So i find it hard to believe that will all happen pre Christmas.

Cheers for the update mate, Did you get the home charger sorted? Also, if you are financing it have you heard anything from them?

So today's the day, picked up my performance today, wheels look nice but think I would prefer silver. Acceleration is IN.SANE. you probably dont need the performance, few issues like the boot carpet appears to have been scuffed up a bit by overzealous vacuuming and the underneath of the CF spoiler has been damaged when being installed. Got the guy to note then down, a few scuffs in the frunk but not much, I feel a mug for pointing them out but its brand new. You definitely need to have a look round twice to make sure you spot everything. Paint has some bumps / dust in it. Overall condition is good it's just not flawless if that makes sense! Very happy with the car though worth the wait

Reactions: Christianj_90
Lurker here so my first post - hi!

Ordered an M3P (default spec minus Enhanced Autopilot). Ordered 15th November and just got a collection date of next Wednesday (18th) from Stockport!

Has caught me out a bit because I don't have a charger installed at home yet. I've been given a new Tesla wall charger by a friend so just need to get it installed which I hope will be relatively straightforward for any qualified electrician.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that I'll be able to cope with overnight slow charges from a normal mains supply but I think it might be close. I do 70 miles a day on weedays, very little use at the weekends. Any thoughts?

I've got access to another ICE car so can leave it charging during the day as well if it really comes to it.

Is there a link to a standard checklist I should run through on the day of collection to check for faults?

This was a lease car through Synergy as the broker and Lex.
This is the check list I used, pretty extensive:
Tesla Model 3 UK RHD - Delivery Checklist

Hi All,
Just thought I’d share some Christmas joy with you all.
I had to cancel a Mx last week after ordering it via a lease company in October to be told it won’t arrive until at least April’20.

On recommendation I spoke to andy @ Yorkshire fleet and he explained to me if I reserve a car (I get the deposit back) off the Tesla stock list I can then transfer it to a lease company.

So I kept checking the M3P+ stock lists which seem to get updated every day and found 2 cars to the specs I wanted on Saturday 7th December.
I’m now in the process of transferring them over to the lease company and received a text today that both cars are available for collection next Friday 20th from Birmingham!!

So 13 days from deposit to collection!!

So my experience is if you want to secure an actual car, keep checking the stock lists & when see the spec you want reserve & pay the deposit yourself.

I bought M3P+ black/white interior & red/white interior.

Happy Christmas & thanks Dan for the recommendation.

Reactions: RichKK and DanTW_GB
Hi All,
Just thought I’d share some Christmas joy with you all.
I had to cancel a Mx last week after ordering it via a lease company in October to be told it won’t arrive until at least April’20.

On recommendation I spoke to andy @ Yorkshire fleet and he explained to me if I reserve a car (I get the deposit back) off the Tesla stock list I can then transfer it to a lease company.

So I kept checking the M3P+ stock lists which seem to get updated every day and found 2 cars to the specs I wanted on Saturday 7th December.
I’m now in the process of transferring them over to the lease company and received a text today that both cars are available for collection next Friday 20th from Birmingham!!

So 13 days from deposit to collection!!

So my experience is if you want to secure an actual car, keep checking the stock lists & when see the spec you want reserve & pay the deposit yourself.

I bought M3P+ black/white interior & red/white interior.

Happy Christmas & thanks Dan for the recommendation.

you’re welcome sir! Really glad to hear it’s all worked out for you.

Hello all,

Long time member in the shadows, first post!

For info, Ordered my M3P white/white at the end of September. Seems to be in line with other similar orders.

Had a VIN number on my account for a few weeks and was then given a provisional date of the 1st week in Jan for delivery.

Excited when I received a delivery date of the 20th of Dec for delivery this afternoon!

Thinking my M3P was on the Dong A Glauco that docked this afternoon (like a few others on here I think), and tesla now updated the accounts of those vehicles. Anyone else got updated delivery dates today.

Main Q - My only concern is the EST scottish government loan - taking this but quite tight for turn around - anyone has experience with quick 7 day turnaround for these funds?

Thanks in advance!

Just received a delivery date but no final invoice yet. Anybody who collected their car already when did you received your final invoice prior delivery?

Mine came up same evening/night.

1st Nov: original order for a white exterior, black interior LR
24th Nov: second order for an inventory unit, same config, in an attempt to get it sooner since the original reservation didn't yet have a hidden VIN.
1st Dec: third order for an inventory unit, same config, this time remembering to use a referral code
(Both refunds hit my card within a week without any effort, apparently they run refunds in batches on Thursdays)
11th Dec: text message from a Norwegian number (+47) with a delivery appointment for Sat 21st Dec at 2pm (at West Drayton).
The appointment was in the reservation page as well, the final invoice came up a few hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.