Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just has a terrible phone call with Tesla. Ordered my car through Leaseplan on 11 Oct, first told mid December. Then called a couple of weeks ago to be told end of Jan - start of Feb. Now just been told end of Feb-March!!! Its a constantly moving date! She got my back up a bit when I was told 'with all due respect - you're not buying a car from Tesla, the lease company are'. She said they prioritise direct customers, which I don't really understand how a lease company isn't a direct customer!! really losing faith in Tesla, the treatment from them really takes the shine off it!! they keep throwing out the line 'we tell customers to expect up to a 3 month wait, but in the next breath quote Oct-March turnaround!! who knows I might ring after Christmas to be told April!!! :mad::mad::mad:

When did you apply for financing, at the order or at a later date? Did you apply for financing directly through Tesla with Blackhorse? When and how did you find out that Blackhorse didn’t approve it?
I hope you managed to sort out everything in the end, and you are enjoying the car!;)
I applied at the order date, directly through the site, to Black Horse. I got the rejection email on 26th of November, 3 weeks after applying. But all is ancient history now.. I got the car yesterday and I love it

Just has a terrible phone call with Tesla. Ordered my car through Leaseplan on 11 Oct, first told mid December. Then called a couple of weeks ago to be told end of Jan - start of Feb. Now just been told end of Feb-March!!! Its a constantly moving date! She got my back up a bit when I was told 'with all due respect - you're not buying a car from Tesla, the lease company are'. She said they prioritise direct customers, which I don't really understand how a lease company isn't a direct customer!! really losing faith in Tesla, the treatment from them really takes the shine off it!! they keep throwing out the line 'we tell customers to expect up to a 3 month wait, but in the next breath quote Oct-March turnaround!! who knows I might ring after Christmas to be told April!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Hi Pork pie,

That's pretty much what happened with my MX - that I have now cancelled and moved leasing compnay

Refer to me post on this board yesterday at 17.31 - you should be able to reserve a stock car (if you van find one that matches what you want) and transfer it over to the lease company. Ordered and will receive my car with 2 weeks! happy days

Reactions: DanTW_GB
I applied at the order date, directly through the site, to Black Horse. I got the rejection email on 26th of November, 3 weeks after applying. But all is ancient history now.. I got the car yesterday and I love it
I’m just asking because I did the same but haven’t received any approval or rejection email, I’ve just been told on the phone that it was approved, but made another quick phone call yesterday to ask again and it’s all good. So fingers crossed if nothing changes I’m booked in for the 17th and I’ll be enjoying it soon.
I’m happy for you! Enjoy !! :)

Congratulations on getting the car - I am looking forward to collecting mine next week. Glad you are happy with it.
Can I ask whether you found any issues with the car at delivery?
I know different people have previously posted about all sorts of issues with paint finish, panel alignment, fit and trim defects, hoses and clips missing or not attached etc etc. However, I think it is much more common for people to post when something has gone wrong, rather than to say, 'hey, I collected my car and it has no major issues I can see'. So you can get a false impression about how common problems really are.
I know any car, from any manufacturer, can have issues and when they are in transit from the factory they can also pick up scrapes or damage en route. It was also clear that early production Model 3s had some consistent build quality problems, which I think have improved subsequently.
I'd be interested to get an idea from others here who got RHD M3s in the UK delivered in last 6 months what, if any, issues they found at delivery. I don't want to ruin my delivery experience going round the car with a magnifying glass looking for defects but also want to make sure I look out for likely problems that I will need to have Tesla record and fix before I drive off.

Absolutely nothing wrong with my car!

I guess it's a the old general issue with reviews of anything (from food to cars).. when you do get a problem and you're unhappy, you do make yourself heard, but most people won't post/review if they're happy so the proportion of unhappy/happy is skewed

Just had the call, picking up tomorrow morning in WD, SR+ Black/Black. My original vehicle (inventory order 24th October) had a battery issue and apparently they won’t be able to fix it by the end of the year, so they’ve swapped me to another vehicle. By the looks of the vin it’s a 2020 model, and I ordered a 2019. I’m slightly sad to be giving back the P90D loaner, but otherwise very excited!

• Helpful
Reactions: MacPaul
Hi Pork pie,

That's pretty much what happened with my MX - that I have now cancelled and moved leasing compnay

Refer to me post on this board yesterday at 17.31 - you should be able to reserve a stock car (if you van find one that matches what you want) and transfer it over to the lease company. Ordered and will receive my car with 2 weeks! happy days

Unfortunately we have 2 SR+ on order, and they're like unicorn farts on the inventory! Spoke to my lease broker and he said he called yesterday and we told January! I think they're just making it up as they go along.

Great Christmas present for you! happy driving!

Tesla have confirmed delivery of my Unicorn for next Wednesday... LR, Blue/White, FSD, Tow-bar, Stockport

It will have been a LONG 231 days (7 months, 17 days) - but at least I'll be getting it before Xmas... not bothered about any of my other presents

(only slight concern - is that I've arranged to return my Evezy loaner on the same day - as it's only 2 miles from the Tesla SC... if there's a problem with the M3, then I'm in trouble)

Reactions: Daverh
Call the Edinburgh Multrees Walk Store, but dont choose the Delivery option, think i just chose sales.
They were more than happy to do it that way.
Mine's rearranged for Sat 21st at 2pm which works well for me.

I also asked about the private plates (hoping they'll make them up FOC), state of charge on collection, for a couple of exta keycards (£25 iirc) and confirmation of the remaining balance required for the deposit.

Merry Tesla collecting Christmas everyone :D

Wondering if anyone can help, I am picking up on Monday and just been given my VIN. I ordered a M3 performance and according to the VIN checkers available online the 8th digit of the VIN corresponds to either Dual Motor (B) or Single motor (C). My VIN has a C as the 8th digit and I panicked and fired off an email to the leasing company and tesla to check that I have been allocated the correct car.

I have now looked on the inventory list and there are a few performance models on there with C as the 8th digit, so maybe I was a little hasty. Can anyone shed any light?

Collected my white M3P today from Birmingham. Very straightforward and no issues.

Boy, what a car. My only gripe is it's on v9 software and says it's at the latest version. Several wi-fi and hotspot and it's still not seeing anything.

Anyone else suffered the same - is it simply a game of waiting or is there value in speaking to service centre (I've heard reports they can help force updates)

Collected my white M3P today from Birmingham. Very straightforward and no issues.

Boy, what a car. My only gripe is it's on v9 software and says it's at the latest version. Several wi-fi and hotspot and it's still not seeing anything.

Anyone else suffered the same - is it simply a game of waiting or is there value in speaking to service centre (I've heard reports they can help force updates)

Wondering if anyone can help, I am picking up on Monday and just been given my VIN. I ordered a M3 performance and according to the VIN checkers available online the 8th digit of the VIN corresponds to either Dual Motor (B) or Single motor (C). My VIN has a C as the 8th digit and I panicked and fired off an email to the leasing company and tesla to check that I have been allocated the correct car.

I have now looked on the inventory list and there are a few performance models on there with C as the 8th digit, so maybe I was a little hasty. Can anyone shed any light?
My performance scheduled for pick up next week also has C as the 8th character. the VIN decoder I used states "C = Base A/C Motor, Tier 2 Battery (31-40 kWh)" not sure if that is what it should be for a performance model though. Guess the only true way of finding out is when the pedal hits the metal next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.