Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all,
Does anyone know what happens with an inventory purchase right now? If I click the buy button on the site and pay £100....what happens then?!!
Cheers
I’m buying an inventory car. It’s been quite a difficult experience as I’ve had to chase Tesla up at every stage (the finance being allocated to my account/car being the most troublesome part).

Hadn’t heard from them for a week after the finance was allocated to me, so dropped them an email to see if anything else had got “stuck”. No response for four days so I emailed again.

Received an emailed response yesterday evening asking if I could take delivery next week asking for my availability next week to collect the car, which is fantastic.

hey all,
Does anyone know what happens with an inventory purchase right now? If I click the buy button on the site and pay £100....what happens then?!!
Cheers
You then have to complete a number of steps on your account.

E.g. if you're paying by cash or finance (if it's finance then what type/by whom), what your address is, whether you're trading car in etc.

To be honest the fee is more like a "reservation" for the inventory car - if they then contact you to finalise details and you say you're not ready they will just unmatch you from the car and you'll be waiting to be matched again.

Tesla website now saying 'August' for deliveries of standard range plus - i think the others will follow soon

Perhaps, but it makes sense they’d prioritise production of cars that yield higher revenue.

I ordered my LR two weeks ago and it said June but can’t see it happening unless Fremont reopen fully. I was banking on delays to June anyway as my current lease doesn’t end until the end of August, I just can’t see it being manufactured and shipped in such a time frame.

Tesla have traditionally focused on Q end sales targets so there's a big push to produce & deliver in N America for March, June, September & December where lead times factory-customer are very short.

European production tends to be at the beginning of each Q to allow for shipping to arrive in time for the same deadlines. There was a particular push with Model 3 in Q1 this year because up to that point demand was very high & Model Y production capacity was coming on stream.

European Tesla purchasers often track shipping once it leaves California & in Q1 four vessels containing up to 8000 cars each were due for that March deadline. High levels of subsequent inventory especially in Southampton (partly as a result of economic uncertainty & cancellations) has meant some of us have been matched to cars far earlier than expected. I doubt that situation will repeat in future.

Who knows what demand will be like once the Fremont factory reopens but it's safe to assume LHD production will initially take priority and anything for Europe will still need to await container shipments and transit times across the Atlantic.

Last edited:
Then it stands they could be prioritising euro production as we’ve just gone into Q2, even if that is at the 30% capacity they’re currently running at the over stock in Southampton still gives them a lot sell.

My orders with 19” wheels so while there are lots of white LRs with 18”s in UK inventory; there were a few weeks ago, it could mean they’re using the limited capacity window to get the higher value or bespoke orders out.

Time will tell, none of us know what’s going on so it’s all conjecture and some of us may get offered the many cancellations that are no doubt still to come, fun to guess though

Thanks all, I’ll be calling them tomorrow to see if they have any delivery ability for an inventory car in Southampton!

Out of interest where are they selling the Southampton cars from, i didnt think they had a service centre or sales place in Southampton yet?

I placed a custom order almost 3 weeks ago for a white M3LR with B&W interior, towhook and FSD. I live in Southampton but had to place the order with West Drayton. There is a part exchange involved so I presume I still have to go to West Drayton for pickup when it happens.
Southampton docks are 7km (as the crow flies) from my house :)

Hi all,

First post so take it easy please.....

Having switched between an I-Pace and M3P for many months I have decided on the Tesla which will be a Business Contract Hire.

I know it is a bit finger in the air and even more so now, but what is folks gut feeling on delivery times, I ideally need the car for October at the latest.

Many thanks

Hi all,

First post so take it easy please.....

Having switched between an I-Pace and M3P for many months I have decided on the Tesla which will be a Business Contract Hire.

I know it is a bit finger in the air and even more so now, but what is folks gut feeling on delivery times, I ideally need the car for October at the latest.

Many thanks

Welcome, I'm a noob also!

If you are a key worker and have to drive to work this may make things quicker for you. I've gone from having my application approved by payroll to getting a delivery date in two weeks. This was helped by my current car breaking down and my pleading that getting my new car would prevent me getting stranded again. Plus the AA said that I wouldn't be covered for the same problem.

Some business leasing companies have been halting new registrations, presumably because they are working with skeleton staff from home and don't want to increase their workload. This might change a bit when we know a bit more about the government's plans. Yesterday's announcement was a bit vague to say the least!

European Tesla purchasers often track shipping once it leaves California & in Q1 four vessels containing up to 8000 cars each were due for that March deadline. High levels of subsequent inventory especially in Southampton (partly as a result of economic uncertainty & cancellations) has meant some of us have been matched to cars far earlier than expected. I doubt that situation will repeat in future.

Actually there were seven vessels in Q1.

Who knows what demand will be like once the Fremont factory reopens but it's safe to assume LHD production will initially take priority and anything for Europe will still need to await container shipments and transit times across the Atlantic

What?
Model 3s do not travel in a container. They ship complete in a 3 week transit to Europe.
Model S/X do travel in containers from the factory however the slowest part in the logistics chain is the lethargic trainride from Fremont to Houston. Reassembly in Tilburg adds time too.

Welcome, I'm a noob also!

If you are a key worker and have to drive to work this may make things quicker for you. I've gone from having my application approved by payroll to getting a delivery date in two weeks. This was helped by my current car breaking down and my pleading that getting my new car would prevent me getting stranded again. Plus the AA said that I wouldn't be covered for the same problem.

Some business leasing companies have been halting new registrations, presumably because they are working with skeleton staff from home and don't want to increase their workload. This might change a bit when we know a bit more about the government's plans. Yesterday's announcement was a bit vague to say the least!

Many thanks for your response buddy.

This is through my own company so I may just bite the bullet and progress the lease order and if it does come early then so be it.

Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.