Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

First post so take it easy please.....

Having switched between an I-Pace and M3P for many months I have decided on the Tesla which will be a Business Contract Hire.

I know it is a bit finger in the air and even more so now, but what is folks gut feeling on delivery times, I ideally need the car for October at the latest.

Many thanks
I bought one from Inventory a few weeks ago and its being delivered Thursday, I just gave the RN number to my leasing company (key2lease) and they took over the order. Been really easy and they get quick answers back from Tesla which is good. I was going for a M3P but changed to LR with the 19" wheels. With the price drop on the LR and the lack of grant on the M3P theres now a big difference in cost when you look at the total lease price, I've got my own business so with the reduced cost I can take Friday afternoons off :D

M3P white with white interior bought from inventory stock from Southampton today.
Spoke with Max (online chat then email then phone) could not have been more helpful awesome chap.
Confirmed they could get me in for tesla direct delivery, sorted everything then I bought through the site sent him the number and he confirmed everything.
All paid for and delivery hopefully friday or monday :)

I bought one from Inventory a few weeks ago and its being delivered Thursday, I just gave the RN number to my leasing company (key2lease) and they took over the order. Been really easy and they get quick answers back from Tesla which is good. I was going for a M3P but changed to LR with the 19" wheels. With the price drop on the LR and the lack of grant on the M3P theres now a big difference in cost when you look at the total lease price, I've got my own business so with the reduced cost I can take Friday afternoons off :D

This is really useful, I did realise the lease could be progressed in this manner.

I am wanting black with white and there are two shown in Southampton.

I have had the most competitive BCH from Key2Lease. How have you found them.

Many thanks.

This is really useful, I did realise the lease could be progressed in this manner.

I am wanting black with white and there are two shown in Southampton.

I have had the most competitive BCH from Key2Lease. How have you found them.

Many thanks.
Key2Lease have been brilliant, I have been dealing with Tom. Communication has been brilliant given I ordered during the lockdown, they are using LEX for the finance. The car I ordered had FSD which I didn't want so Tom arranged for it to be removed. I had originally ordered a M3P all via another company but it was a bit of a disaster with comms as they were just referring the order to another leasing company who were then dealing with Leaseplan so comms were messy, the net result was I didn't get the grant even though I signed on March 2nd. I cancelled the order as the cost went up substantially.

I nearly went for a M3P with key2lease as the deal over 3 years is very good. What tipped me to the LR was the range, after I'd had a play with the settings on ABRP I realised in the winter with a bit of rain I couldn't get to my office on one charge. I figured the LR with sports wheels was a good option and saved me some money.

My car is ready on Thursday but I don't fancy the trip from Norfolk to Dartford so I've arrange for a company in Essex to go and pick it up in a covered trailer, they have done a few collections from there recently.

One thing I have found though is the finance companies are very nervous now, when I signed for the M3P the credit check went through same day, now they want last years accounts and P&L for the current year. Tom said its because there's so few deals going through they are being done manually now rather than an algorithm deciding if I can afford a car....

Hope this helps.

EDIT **
I did *not* realise the lease could be progressed in this manner.
Hi There and welcome! delivery estimates are a bit of an unknown right now, even more so than ever. Its highly likely that there will be no shipments this quarter due to Covid 19 and factory shutdowns. That means best guess is probably end of August, early September for a new build, however if you want it sooner then the inventory option is your best bet.

Don't forget to use a referral code when ordering by either supplying the code to the leasing company, or ordering online through a referral link. This will give both parties 1000 miles of free supercharging (400kw). I have dropped you a DM with my code if you didn't have one already.

M3P white with white interior bought from inventory stock from Southampton today.
Spoke with Max (online chat then email then phone) could not have been more helpful awesome chap.
Confirmed they could get me in for tesla direct delivery, sorted everything then I bought through the site sent him the number and he confirmed everything.
All paid for and delivery hopefully friday or monday :)

Just got off the phone to Tesla after seeing your post. Turns out that they have been waiting for me to making the "down payment" on the finance, but hadn't sent me any information on how to do that.

This is being generated now so hopefully, I can arrange delivery soon

Hi There and welcome! delivery estimates are a bit of an unknown right now, even more so than ever. Its highly likely that there will be no shipments this quarter due to Covid 19 and factory shutdowns. That means best guess is probably end of August, early September for a new build, however if you want it sooner then the inventory option is your best bet.

Tesla ordering page still shows new Model 3 LR and P models as a June delivery, with SR+ coming in August.

Whilst June sounds a tad optimistic, I do wonder if now Fremont is making cars again, whether their first batch out of the factory will be some of these larger battery variants EU bound for a tight Q2 delivery schedule.... its not impossible...

the shipping thread may become alive again soon!?

Tesla ordering page still shows new Model 3 LR and P models as a June delivery, with SR+ coming in August.

Whilst June sounds a tad optimistic, I do wonder if now Fremont is making cars again, whether their first batch out of the factory will be some of these larger battery variants EU bound for a tight Q2 delivery schedule.... its not impossible...

the shipping thread may become alive again soon!?
There is a possibility for sure, but with the number in inventory, and the tight timing, id think its unlikely.
I saw a video showing cars being moved out of the factory yesterday and they seemed to be LHD, will look out for some more clues though.

With the current government guidelines, is there any change with the none essential travel rule? So is it or isn’t ok to collect a car from Tesla if you aren’t a critical worker?
hi! sounds like you're eager to get the car haha. I would suggest that from tomorrow it is ok. Tesla delivery cant work from home and now there is no restriction on driving, so remain sensible and you should be good!

Reactions: Cyclone1
Just got off the phone to Tesla after seeing your post. Turns out that they have been waiting for me to making the "down payment" on the finance, but hadn't sent me any information on how to do that.

This is being generated now so hopefully, I can arrange delivery soon

So I've had the text to set up delivery for next Monday, but still nothing regarding the payment.

This has been a bit of a struggle, getting to delivery, but these are unusual times. Hopefully my experience will help others who's order might be "stuck".

So I had a call from Deliveries in Holland who told me that my car is actually in Leeds, and even told me that the battery charge was at 38% :D

Pickup confirmed for Friday at 2pm, as they couldn't release the car any earlier, and they've sent me through the Declaration form for signing.

When they say a watched pot never boils, this is going to be excruciating :D :D

So I had a call from Deliveries in Holland who told me that my car is actually in Leeds, and even told me that the battery charge was at 38% :D

Pickup confirmed for Friday at 2pm, as they couldn't release the car any earlier, and they've sent me through the Declaration form for signing.

When they say a watched pot never boils, this is going to be excruciating :D :D

Tell me about it... I'm getting mine from Leeds tomorrow morning. I have no nails left.

• Funny
Reactions: Sunraged
Key2Lease have been brilliant, I have been dealing with Tom. Communication has been brilliant given I ordered during the lockdown, they are using LEX for the finance. The car I ordered had FSD which I didn't want so Tom arranged for it to be removed. I had originally ordered a M3P all via another company but it was a bit of a disaster with comms as they were just referring the order to another leasing company who were then dealing with Leaseplan so comms were messy, the net result was I didn't get the grant even though I signed on March 2nd. I cancelled the order as the cost went up substantially.

I nearly went for a M3P with key2lease as the deal over 3 years is very good. What tipped me to the LR was the range, after I'd had a play with the settings on ABRP I realised in the winter with a bit of rain I couldn't get to my office on one charge. I figured the LR with sports wheels was a good option and saved me some money.

My car is ready on Thursday but I don't fancy the trip from Norfolk to Dartford so I've arrange for a company in Essex to go and pick it up in a covered trailer, they have done a few collections from there recently.

One thing I have found though is the finance companies are very nervous now, when I signed for the M3P the credit check went through same day, now they want last years accounts and P&L for the current year. Tom said its because there's so few deals going through they are being done manually now rather than an algorithm deciding if I can afford a car....

Hope this helps.

Thats great thank you and it's Tom who I am talking to which is good.

Good luck for Thursday, hope all goes well, I am only just over the border in Suffolk so not far away.

many thanks again

Thats great thank you and it's Tom who I am talking to which is good.

Good luck for Thursday, hope all goes well, I am only just over the border in Suffolk so not far away.

many thanks again
Had the dreaded call yesterday from Tesla Holland to say they needed to delay the collection to Monday as the car is not actually in Dartford even though it was inventory shown as Dartford when I ordered 3 weeks ago. Anyway they were very helpful and we have compromised on Friday now as I need to be in Ipswich on Monday.

Suffolk is lovely apart from the A140 which I spend too much time on. Hope all goes well with the order.

Hope this helps.

i didn’t fancy Norfolk to Dartford either, but my pickup was the day before lockdown became law. Tesla arranged for TNT to drive it up.
We plan to visit Norfolk’s one and only supercharger site this week to whether it works ok.
Might bump into you some time. Just literally!

Status
Not open for further replies.