Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collected today. So easy. Was early but they brought the car round and off I went.

Car was in superb condition, no issues that I could spot. Managed to give one of the wheels some minor curb rash at South Mimms but trying not to let it annoy me as it was always going to happen eventually!

Absolutely loving it. The blue is such a lovely colour. Depressing that I’ll probably never see it as clean ever again!

Currently doing the family tour showing it off. People love it.
I took mine into a hand wash place yesterday after a long drive and it was back to looking great!

I collected my M3LR today, from Birmingham.

• Similarly, the charge was pretty low, 120 miles or so.
  • Supercharging was not free, despite the rumours.
  • The tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4, not Hankook as I've seen a few comments mentioning.
  • The Birmingham collection centre definitely feels like they're squatting in an old dealership, especially with social distancing measures, but it was sufficient. The site is completely packed full of Model 3s. There were three transporters unloading whilst I was there.
  • One small paint chip found, smaller than a match head, on the very corner of the drivers door. Service appointment booked.
  • Supercharging was very straightforward, started off at just over 500 miles/hour (125 kW) and tapered off to almost-full in half an hour.
  • It goes like stink.

I collected my M3LR today, from Birmingham.

• Similarly, the charge was pretty low, 120 miles or so.
  • Supercharging was not free, despite the rumours.
  • The tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4, not Hankook as I've seen a few comments mentioning.
  • The Birmingham collection centre definitely feels like they're squatting in an old dealership, especially with social distancing measures, but it was sufficient. The site is completely packed full of Model 3s. There were three transporters unloading whilst I was there.
  • One small paint chip found, smaller than a match head, on the very corner of the drivers door. Service appointment booked.
  • Supercharging was very straightforward, started off at just over 500 miles/hour (125 kW) and tapered off to almost-full in half an hour.
  • It goes like stink.

Echo all of this. Although the Dartford centre was quiet in terms of other collectors, there were vehicle transporters arriving as I was there and the forecourts were absolutely packed with new cars. Perhaps different from Birmingham it appeared from the outside to be quite an impressive purpose built place.

...and ditto re Michelin Pilot Sport.

FINALLY got confirmation from Tesla that my lease company have given lease approval to Tesla so now Tesla have everything they need to match me a Model 3 LR AWD with 19inc sport wheels in Blue! They’re saying August for delivery (even though their website is still saying June for est. delivery of this spec) so I’m setting my expectations on Aug/Sept all being well! You never know though - might get lucky and get one earlier. I think my choice of wheels limits my chances though. Wonder if the August deliveries will have USB-C and wireless charging...

Lots of comments on other places about cars coming with Tesla mud flaps fitted or in the boot for self fitment, with some commenting they are now standard and should be supplied, can anyone who’s collected corroborate this?

Car was in at Edinburgh a few weeks ago for some bits and the guy there mention that mud flaps are to be fitted on the front only from now to cut down on the paint issues around the arches. asked if i wanted mine done but i have already bought some and just not fitted them yet. Picked my car up on the 28th April, so its not just for cars being delivered now.

Sorting the f***ing paint quality out would be preferable if it’s that bad, not just sticking bits onto it to hide shoddy build and lazy labour. Really glad I’m not putting my own money into the incoming car, as if I was I would be waiting for the Volvo/BMW options to mature more.

got mine today! SR+ on 18" wheels and as others mentioned Michelin tyres. Annoyingly my corporate email address was linked to the account so I am getting it transferred over to my personal email. This meant the app isn't working yet but have been for a spin using the card key.

Changed to the lock when walk away function and looked on as nothing happened. Rang support and they suggested a reboot which I did but also will be connecting to wifi to get the latest OTA update. Not a big issue.
Had the correct charging cables too.
paintwork looks fine, passenger seat looks a bit grubby but will probably wipe clean. had 50% charge and will charge up tomorrow when we hopefully get a bit of sun on the solar panels. Already had an enthusiastic neighbour knock on the door for a socially distanced chat about the car :)

Tried to order a Long Range Model 3 today as a few appeared in the current inventory. Unfortunately, after my phone call with the sales team, I was told these were in fact located in Ireland (even though stated it London) and I couldn't be matched on them. Disappointing. Wanted to help tesla with their end of Qtr push

Status
Not open for further replies.