Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jealous - I ordered a black M3LR without tow hitch on the 4th Oct but nothing yet :( Does anything show on your online Tesla account swell as the text?

Same here, black M3LR with no other changes ordered 16th October and nothing yet, I wonder if they're allocated in batches based on colour and specification? This morning there was about a dozen M3LRs listed in the online inventory, but most of them had tow hooks, white interior and/or 19" wheels; a few hours on and there are three now.

When I placed my order the expected delivery was November, so if I don't get a message by this weekend I think I'm looking at early December at best.

My trade-in valuation is only good until the middle of December, I'm hoping they will still honour it if they don't deliver!

Ordered 16th October White with everything standard no text. Have chased them today and was offered to upgrade but waiting on a call back still !! Starting to get annoyed as the Sales rep in Bristol told us that the car was already in transit and expect mid November delivery. Hopefully Tesla honours what the sales guy said !

Had my text too today (model info in signature line) - checked on my account but no hidden VIN or expected dates yet

Screenshot redacted 3.11.20.jpg

Same here, black M3LR with no other changes ordered 16th October and nothing yet, I wonder if they're allocated in batches based on colour and specification? This morning there was about a dozen M3LRs listed in the online inventory, but most of them had tow hooks, white interior and/or 19" wheels; a few hours on and there are three now.

When I placed my order the expected delivery was November, so if I don't get a message by this weekend I think I'm looking at early December at best.

My trade-in valuation is only good until the middle of December, I'm hoping they will still honour it if they don't deliver!

I have ordered the same car as you and I am just off the phone with Tesla, told my car won't be in the UK till early December with delivery in second or third week. My trade in valuation expires at the end of November and was told I have to update the mileage and get a new quote. I ordered end of September.

Just got a matching confirmation Text from Tesla.
'Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order and we will be in contact shortly to make delivery arrangements'

No hidden vin online or anything else just yet
Ordered 24th Oct. Got allocation text 26th October. Nothing since apart from another text saying my account is up to date.

• Informative
Reactions: Arran
I placed an order for M3 long range, red with white interior and had confirmation of order on 2nd September. I had a text on 9th September telling me that they had allocated a car and would deliver on 17th September.. The only problem was it was not my order number and a different colour car.
I have checked a few times since then and today received confirmation on the telephone that I had been allocated a car but they didn't know when it was arriving or expected delivery. Despite asking which ship it as on and when it would arrive in this country I could not get an answer.
I promised my current car to my son with an expected date of early October. He sold his car and I have now had to let him have mine so I have no car.
I am now just waiting to hear more from Tesla- at least I know they have my number to send me a text.

Blue LR, Tow Bar, Black Interior, 19" Wheels, ordered October 10th, Just got the text.

"Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order and we will be in contact shortly to make delivery arrangements."

No delivery date or VIn just yet

Ordered SR+ Midnight Silver / Black Interior with 19” Wheels on 26th October but then updated to LR on 30th!

Judging by the experiences captured here it’s a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to delivery wait times. That said, checked on the order configurator this morning and same spec is still saying delivery in December so hopefully my car is on one of the three ships expected to arrive in the next 3 weeks!

I have ordered the same car as you and I am just off the phone with Tesla, told my car won't be in the UK till early December with delivery in second or third week. My trade in valuation expires at the end of November and was told I have to update the mileage and get a new quote. I ordered end of September.

Well, that sucks! Not impressed with the idea that they will alter the deal after failing to meet their own deadline.

It's almost as if they don't know what cars they're going to build and ship - maybe someone rolls some dice every day at the factory, "OK guys, today we're making LHD M3Ps in silver with tow hitches. I hope we've sold some of them!"

It's almost as if they don't know what cars they're going to build and ship - maybe someone rolls some dice every day at the factory, "OK guys, today we're making LHD M3Ps in silver with tow hitches. I hope we've sold some of them!"
That's pretty much what happens.

They build certain amounts of each configuration, load them on a ship then match the cars they've built against the existing orders. Not such a bad strategy for the company given there's so much demand for their cars. Wouldn't work for a traditional car manufacturer.

Well, that sucks! Not impressed with the idea that they will alter the deal after failing to meet their own deadline.

Exactly, got a really good p/x price from them originally so just hope it doesn't drop too much when it's tome to update it.

Actually that's not too far from the truth from what I've heard!
They don't manufacture to order, but build what previous experience shows people buy hence why they "match" you.
What they're doing is going down the list of people's orders and seeing what's been made and loaded onto the ship! It looks like there were no Long Range models on the Antwerp which is why a lot of us are still waiting whilst others who ordered (different spec) later have their cars earlier.

Interestingly the videos they invite you to watch about your new car, when they send you a text saying one has been allocated, are still the model before the refresh. Adds to the (irrational) anxiety that somehow you will be allocated a 2020 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.