Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed my spec pop up on inventory - called Tesla, and i had been allocated a car an hour previously. Would not give any further info until they speak with the leasing company, but did say that it would be middle of december.

Just an assumption, a fair few people got the allocation text exactly a week ago just after Grand Aurora departed Pier 80. I got allocated at this time; I've called and been told my car is on the Grand Aurora. So you might be the one after?

So apparently they are adding them to inventory out of the factory line according to the Tesla chap I spoke to this week.

I still don't quite understand why they wait for them to set sail before letting customers know, but certainly the inventory ones were ones still in Fremont / Pier 80.

But then you get a different story every time you call so..

Well that was briefly exciting: New LR inventory cars showing at £10k below list. The chat function was available so I used it to try to secure one pronto, but of course the agent told me there had been a mis-pricing on the website. Curse. Back to waiting for my ordered car (no text yet, ordered 8th Oct).

Well that was briefly exciting: New LR inventory cars showing at £10k below list. The chat function was available so I used it to try to secure one pronto, but of course the agent told me there had been a mis-pricing on the website. Curse. Back to waiting for my ordered car (no text yet, ordered 8th Oct).

Saw this and chat function was hiding, knew it wouldn't last long!

Ordered M3 LR MSM 18" wheels on the 20th Oct.

Spoke to Tesla via email and they replied very quickly asking if we could speak over the phone.

They told me my car was en route and i'll be notified when it gets nearer to the EU region. For me, i'll be going Birmingham for collection. And they confirmed the lock down would not prevent car collections, subject to further changes from the Government.

Date wise, I was told end of Nov start of Dec for collection.

I was offered the 2020 model and could collect this sooner. Happy to wait for the 2021 refresh though.

I've just got my text from Tesla saying I've been allocated a car and my vehicle arrival date is being calculated. So it's taken exactly three weeks since ordering to get this far.

Anyone else had this kind of experience from Tesla? I exchanged e-mails with someone about my trade-in a couple of weeks ago so I thought I drop them a line to see what might be happening with my new car and got this as a reply:

Good news, you do have a vehicle allocated to you, however, we are yet to confirm a delivery date for you. We need to finalise your trade in which is still under review.

We anticipate a December delivery for your car.

We will be in touch soon to confirm.

I'm happy to know that I now have a vehicle allocated, but it seems odd that they're still finalising my trade-in when they've made an offer that I accepted and they confirmed after I sent all of the paperwork through. I assume they're selling the vehicle on to someone in the motor trade directly and that's what they're doing.

I've just got my text from Tesla saying I've been allocated a car and my vehicle arrival date is being calculated. So it's taken exactly three weeks since ordering to get this far.

I'm two weeks in, no text. Saw my spec appear in inventory and 'London' and was told it is simply shipping and due to be there eventually, is mid Dec and my allocation on the same boat. Couldn't tell me any more however, I'm thinking this was mostly made up to shut us up!

That’s disappointing. Same spec. Ordered 6th October.... no txt yet. What’s worse is just logged in- order has been cancelled. Assume this is because Zen Auto are taking over the order. On one level it might be progress, on another it’s concerning. And what about my referral code! Dammit.

A large bunch of Model 3 Performance have finally appeared in UK inventory today. None of them has a vessel or vessel arrival/departure date listed in the page source code though.
Thanks for the tip-off.
Inventory included my spec - M3P blue/white ordered 1 Oct - so I used chat to ask if I could be matched with it.
They said I'd already been matched (nice of them to have let me know) and it was "in transit". But they claimed not to know when it had left port, so I'm not much further forward

I'm happy to know that I now have a vehicle allocated, but it seems odd that they're still finalising my trade-in when they've made an offer that I accepted and they confirmed after I sent all of the paperwork through. I assume they're selling the vehicle on to someone in the motor trade directly and that's what they're doing.

Had a confirmation text a couple of hours later, delivery date "is being calculated", but if the 3-4 weeks before delivery line is right then I'm already into December for collection.

Thought I would drop in to say hello :)

Ordered my first Tesla on the 1st November with delivered scheduled for December. Chose a blue LR with sport wheels and black interior (Autopilot only). Now eagerly awaiting details of the VIN and trying to decide on a suitable wall charger.

One quick question please. The booking invoice shows an Odometer reading of 30 miles which appears higher than many new orders. Should I be concerned?[/QU
Ordered mine same day as yours but has a tow hitch. Be interesting to see when you get a Vin & boat.

I a white on white TM3P on September 29th - and haven’t received any updates. I’m concerned weather it will make it on time (In Denmark taxes increase by 15.000$ after New Years)

anyone got a clue if there is any performance models on the ships currently on route - and it that case what ship?

Ok. I’m thoroughly confused!
yesterday Tesla SC Manchester told me my M3LR was allocated on an “upcoming shipment” and all deliveries would be done by 25th December - today I got a text confirming I had a car allocated.
As there are now 464 pages on this thread, and I’m too lazy to read through them all has anyone the foggiest as to when Tesla allocate the cars? From factory? On departure from Pier 80? In the Panama Canal? Completely randomly?!

Status
Not open for further replies.