Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Viewing in landscape mode on smaller devices, including some tablets, will typically reveal the signature information.

Thanks!

Found out my M3P is on RCC Amsterdam - Tesla said end of December for delivery.

Just called Tesla, they didn’t know what ship it was on but said I should be getting the delivery text very soon. He said delivery will be end of Dec at the latest so very likely my vehicle is also on RCC Amsterdam as well but we will see!

I also have a M3P ending is 830XXX so close to yours and I think my car is on the RCC Amsterdam but not confirmed and Tesla didn’t know either when I called.

They did says that I will definitely get it by the end of Dec though.
M3P ending in 827XXX and is on RCC Amsterdam, no delivery date as yet but before year end. Lease car so being delivered to home so will after the collect customers I believe.

M3P ending in 827XXX and is on RCC Amsterdam, no delivery date as yet but before year end. Lease car so being delivered to home so will after the collect customers I believe.

So I’m deffo on RCC Amsterdam then. Thanks for the info

I think we are on the same boat, as I also have a performance on order - I imagine 20th December pick up.

I think we all are, yes, I expect the 3rd week of Dec at the earliest

I can’t see your sig, when did you get the allocation message? I got mine on the 11th of Nov but don’t have a delivery date yet. I’m assuming my vehicle is also on Glovis Crystal but maybe it’s on RCC Amsterdam instead which is a week behind the former.

Doesn't work in my case. I got my allocation text on 11 Nov, only a day after you, and haven't heard anything since

OK, since not everyone can see this, these are my dates:
Order date: 16/10/2020.
Allocation date: 10/11/2020.
Delivery date set: 17/11/2020.
VIN date: 23/11/2020.
Delivery 17/12/2020. (At least I hope so!)

If you can bring yourself to scroll back through the pages of messages we have here you'll find (as many of us already have) that Tesla's logistics process seems to be impenetrably complicated. Some have said that it's a kind of Right of Passage for new owners that starts with the order and finishes when you finally get your car.

Personally I'm a little surprised that you both had allocation texts while GLOVIS CRYSTAL was loading, but you don't yet have anything about your deliveries. However. I've seen it said that delivery messages can come out up to a week after a ship passes through the Panama Canal and that allocation messages can come out when the cars roll off the production line - meaning that we do have a pretty big window that could open up between allocation and delivery schedule, unfortunately.

There are a handful of people who know how to dig all of the information out of Tesla's internal system and if you phone up you might be lucky enough to talk to one of them, but most of us haven't been that lucky and we have to wait.

Best I can say is that Tesla make every effort to deliver cars within the same quarter that they are built in, so if you've been allocated a car then it will almost certainly be delivered before the end of the year.

Try to relax a bit, we all feel your pain and frustration, we've all been there. :)

Reactions: TheFuturist
Looks like the vin numbers being quoted such as 827XXX the 8 is a check character dependant on the sum of other digits. The number we are interested in (in terms of build dates) I think is the 27XXX so between a car with a vin number 27123 and 30123 for example would be 3000 cars.

My Vin Decoded

Results 5YJ3F7EC8MF827XXX
Position Description Value
1-3 Manufacturer 5YJ = Tesla, Inc.
4 Make 3 = Model 3
5 Body Type F = Sedan 4 Door (Model 3, Right-Hand Drive)
6 Restraint System 7 = Type 2 manual seatbelts (Front, Rear*3) with Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints & Active Hood
7 Battery Type E = Lithium-Ion Battery - Electric
8 Motor/Drive Unit C = Dual Motor - Performance Model 3
9 Check Character 8
10 Model Year M = 2021
11 Location of Manufacture F = Fremont, CA, USA
12 Serial #, 100,000s digit 8
13-17 Serial Number Digits 27XXX

OK, since not everyone can see this, these are my dates:
Order date: 16/10/2020.
Allocation date: 10/11/2020.
Delivery date set: 17/11/2020.
VIN date: 23/11/2020.
Delivery 17/12/2020. (At least I hope so!)

If you can bring yourself to scroll back through the pages of messages we have here you'll find (as many of us already have) that Tesla's logistics process seems to be impenetrably complicated. Some have said that it's a kind of Right of Passage for new owners that starts with the order and finishes when you finally get your car.

Personally I'm a little surprised that you both had allocation texts while GLOVIS CRYSTAL was loading, but you don't yet have anything about your deliveries. However. I've seen it said that delivery messages can come out up to a week after a ship passes through the Panama Canal and that allocation messages can come out when the cars roll off the production line - meaning that we do have a pretty big window that could open up between allocation and delivery schedule, unfortunately.

There are a handful of people who know how to dig all of the information out of Tesla's internal system and if you phone up you might be lucky enough to talk to one of them, but most of us haven't been that lucky and we have to wait.

Best I can say is that Tesla make every effort to deliver cars within the same quarter that they are built in, so if you've been allocated a car then it will almost certainly be delivered before the end of the year.

Try to relax a bit, we all feel your pain and frustration, we've all been there. :)

I guess it’s just all the excitement :D

I suppose one factor is the place where you will collect the vehicle too, but I’m sure I’ll get my text message soon :)

I suppose one factor is the place where you will collect the vehicle too, but I’m sure I’ll get my text message soon :)

Oh yes, it takes roughly two days to unload the cars at Southampton and in addition to moving them from there to wherever the delivery is you have to also factor in things like the Service Centres having limited space to store cars, so that sometimes leads to people being knocked back to another ship. On the flip side someone might not be able to collect their car and you could get bumped up the chain.

Rough guide seems to be for Southampton deliveries to start around three days after docking and Edinburgh around nine, but you may not be offered the first day possible anyway.

I ordered a Blue LR black interior with 19" early October.
4th Nov I got allocation text (just after Grand Aurora left)
23 Nov - Delivery date confirmation text came (though I was given delivery date 12h after it left Panama Canal on phone)
25 Nov - Delivery fully confirmed for 15th Dec

Mine is getting moved to Chelmsford SC and then delivered from there - which is why its a little longer.

Has anyone had problem with payment to Tesla financial services? I have been asked to make payment for my M3. I made a small payment into the account number which was on my Tesla account, just to confirm that it was going to the right place.
My account has not been updated yet, nor did I get any confirmation. Called Tesla delivery just now, they said that my account won’t be updated till I make the full payment and they will not be able to see if payment has gone through. Is it true? Have double checked Sort code and account number. A bit concerned to make the entire payment without confirmation from Tesla.

Reactions: StuC
Has anyone had problem with payment to Tesla financial services? I have been asked to make payment for my M3. I made a small payment into the account number which was on my Tesla account, just to confirm that it was going to the right place.
My account has not been updated yet, nor did I get any confirmation. Called Tesla delivery just now, they said that my account won’t be updated till I make the full payment and they will not be able to see if payment has gone through. Is it true? Have double checked Sort code and account number. A bit concerned to make the entire payment without confirmation from Tesla.
Same here. £1 Monday evening. Called Tesla yesterday and they couldn’t find it. She confirmed their bank details which did match.

Status
Not open for further replies.