Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParHunter

Nov 2, 2020
Surrey, UK
With all these cars in Q4 being delivered one can’t help but assume there there will be a lot that go straight to inventory. I wonder if leasing companies are going to be offered deals in an effort to shift them all by the end of the year? Something else to watch out for…

Don't tell me now. We've just ordered Model 3 via a lease company ;-)

Spikeyspud

Oct 22, 2020
LEEDS
As far as I can tell GRAND AURORA will dock tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon at 16:45.
This is later than Tesla probably expected and so they will be ringing around to delay collections.
I would ring them again (don't ask for the same person) and point out why you need to collect on Friday.
If push comes to a shove you can point out that there is no ship scheduled to arrive from Zeebrugge on Saturday.

I think Tesla are half right...collect pushed back because they won’t have time to prep/check the car. I know we are talking about Tesla but I assume the just don’t drive the car off the boat and do the handover?

JamesG601

Aug 14, 2020
Suffolk, UK
I collected my SR+ from Dartford this morning. We arrived ten minutes early as the number plates were being attached. Very quick and simple handover; I scanned a QR code on the door and waited for someone to come out which gave me time to inspect the car's exterior. It looks absolutely splendid. A member of Tesla staff came out and handed me the key cards, and gave me sufficient time to inspect the interior whilst he took my driving licence indoors to make a copy. No sign of paint imperfections, unacceptable panel gaps or damaged/unclean interior trim on the car. All accessories present and accounted for. Once I confirmed I was happy I signed the chap's phone and off I went! 78% charge got me home with plenty to spare.

Two small issues came to my attention upon further inspection/driving the car that will need rectifying; both side repeater cameras appear not to be working, and the boot lid sits slightly too low so it impacts on the top of the rear bumper causing some rubbing marks. I'll book an appointment for these to be rectified in the near future. Otherwise the car is absolutely terrific, and I couldn't be more pleased. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Corrimal

Nov 3, 2020
UK
My MP3 (on the GA) was down for 11/12 pick-up at Manchester and is now 12/12 delivery. Just got the text, my one and only update from Tesla but I am business-lease.

DenkiJidousha

Sep 13, 2020
Scotland
Asked nicely today and got my late December Edinburgh collection swapped to a home delivery (will be same day). Relieved as saves me several hours on public transport during lockdown.

Reactions: StevehConwy

Sugei

Oct 14, 2020
UK
I picked up from Stockport today, staff there are great. Apparently they are moving to Manchester Airport from this Wednesday to a location that can handle in excess of 100 cars a day. There were only 20 going out today.
Strange I'm picking up from Stockport on 15th December, also doing a trade-in. I haven't heard anything as of yet about a location change. Really would prefer it to be Stockport, have to see what updates come this week :)

Sugei

Oct 14, 2020
UK
Confirmed my pickup has now changed from Stockport to
EU-UK-Manchester-Styal Rd
590 Styal Rd
Which is just outside Manchester airport. Bit of a joke as it's a further drive.
Date and time has stayed the same however

SimonKhadija

Nov 23, 2020
Baston
Got my allocation text last Wednesday..

Still no collection text though.

Managed to get someone decent on the web chat who wanted to be helpful, he said the car was being transported from Southampton to Chelmsford today.

HenryT

Jan 29, 2020
Manchester
Confirmed my pickup has now changed from Stockport to
EU-UK-Manchester-Styal Rd
590 Styal Rd
Which is just outside Manchester airport. Bit of a joke as it's a further drive.
Date and time has stayed the same however

1.8 mile walk from Man Airport train station. Tesla should be running a shuttle bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC