Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know how many miles are on cars being picked up? Received my invoice today and the car has 30 miles on odometer which seems a lot compared to previous new car purchases!

Its probably a standard mileage that they state and if new new it will come with just a handful.

Inventory may differ slightly depending on circumstances, but if its new inventory, then it will be the same ballpark as new new.

Curious to know how many miles are on cars being picked up? Received my invoice today and the car has 30 miles on odometer which seems a lot compared to previous new car purchases!

Lots of invoices say that (maybe all of them), it's just Tesla's default number, as others have noted you will probably have less than ten.

Mercedes used to have a sequence of button pushes that could be used to reset the car's mileage on a digital odometer as long as it was under something like 25 miles, so customers would get a car with 0 miles on the clock - I always thought that was quite a nice touch.

A contractor (based in Watford), with a flatbed; he was only doing mine on Friday, but sometimes has another on a trailer too, and sometimes does more than one trip from Chertsey.
One it’s collected, you get a text with ETA and tracking details so you can follow his progress, and he also calls. I could see him on the tracker approaching our area so was in the road to meet him and direct him to our drive (not obvious from postcode alone which sends some up the wrong way). He unloaded it, took photos to show delivery, I inspected externally, and he was away. No paperwork (but needed to sign a pdf sent via email, later). A call from a Tesla delivery guy about 3 hours later to confirm delivery - and with the incorrect plates! (he arranged for someone to attend first thing next morning to correct that!) and he switched on the app & Premium connection.

Cheers Rab.

I thought mine would be knocked back due to the Grand Aurora being late, but I’ve had a text confirmation for the 10th. I am like a small child, so excited.

On Friday Tesla told me that I won’t get the registration until I collect the car on the 15th. But then I see others on here getting registrations. Is it just pot luck who you speak to? Would you recommend calling again to try someone different?
Hey
I asked about two weeks ago and was given my reg, I then received a text on Saturday telling me my car would be here on the 10th, with the VIN and reg. It then went onto say they do not register it with the DVLA until the day of delivery.

• Love
Reactions: Kevratters
hello. i am new to the forum. i ordered a sr+ mid november and got a delivery date fornext week. this post had given me so much fun while waiting for the delivery. i got to know from here that my car must have been on one of the ships from china. i thought i was done when they both arrived in europe december 6th. then during weekend the danish government (we live in denmark) announced that they are not going to increase the electrical car registration tax next year! So we redecided, canceled the order for the sr+, and placed a new order for the long range. the website shows that scheduled delivery will be feburuary which is fine since we don't really need two cars during covid. so i restarted my daily check of this post. eager to see which boat our new car will be on:)

Hello, another "Dane" here :) I ordered a Performance back in September, still waiting for delivery as well. As for the registration tax not increasing, I am still waiting to see Tesla also "getting" that piece of news. The prices for February delivery on the website are still considerably higher than for 2020 delivery.

Otherwise, I have been here since October tracking ships and waiting for Tesla to finally give me a final delivery date :)

Got my invoice and scheduled to pickup at Dartford on the 17th. I know the ship is now scheduled to come into Southampton on the 10th so would it be reasonable to ask for an earlier date? Can they bring it forward at request?

To answer my own question, pickup was brought forward 48 hours from the 17th to the 15th. I have transferred my £1 and await for this to show up on my account before I transfer the rest. The very helpful lady on the phone explained that the payments team are based in the Netherlands and that payments are a manual process and can take max 48 hours to show.

• Informative
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
To answer my own question, pickup was brought forward 48 hours from the 17th to the 15th. I have transferred my £1 and await for this to show up on my account before I transfer the rest. The very helpful lady on the phone explained that the payments team are based in the Netherlands and that payments are a manual process and can take max 48 hours to show.
Mine was moved from 15th till 18th but I'm much further north. Suppose it won't hurt if I ring and ask anyway it can be sooner. That would make my week haha

Is there a particular reason you've transferred £1 as opposed to the whole amount? Have there been issues previously for others paying their deposit/balances?

Just been trying to transfer over, but having issues. Has anybody had problems transferring from Nationwide?

I'm trying to go in and pay new payee, selecting business as account type and then "Tesla Financial Services Limited" (without quotes) as the Account Name, Sort Code 18-50-08 and Account Number xxxx9895, but it's saying that the account name does not match.

Status
Not open for further replies.