Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've now got access via the app. I am trying to log the alignment issues with the boot and froot. What do you chose? Exterior -> Trim? Or would that be Door handles & latches?

One more thing I've noticed. The type 2 charging cable (a black and blue one) is very short! I just about managed to connect it to my wall charger.

I collected today, few issues on mine;
  • Boot misaligned - touches body on right side
  • Few small scuffs on front bumper and side
  • Glue residue on doors
  • Dirty fingerprints on headliner
  • Windscreen very dirty on inside - glue residue and suction cup marks
  • Drivers door feels like it drops when you open it - loud thunk when closing as if it’s striking
  • Drivers hinge is showing lots of bare metal and is pretty chewed up
Insisted that I log them in the app sadly, took a few hours for the app to go live and logging all of the above seems a bit much, so I’ll go to the SC tomorrow AM.

On the whole happy with the car, but the new car experience was certainly lacking. Let’s see what the SC visit is like...

When you say “insisted that you log them in the app”, it makes me wonder if anyone actually refuses to accept driving away as is, and certainly signing to accept a car with these issues; especially if it belongs to a lease company rather than personally? Do they then make attempt to resolve immediately?

When I picked up the car it was on version 2020.35. I’ve scheduled the update for last night but this morning it was still on that version. I then started the update from the app. At first I had to disable sentry mode but after that it started a count down of two minutes and then for a brief moment it said installing 2020.48 but then went back to ‘scheduled for Wednesday 6.35’ (which is in the past). Version still shows as 2020.35

is that normal?

Picked up my M3LR last Thursday at Manchester. Couple of very minor issues - some marks on both front doors from the protective plastic (sorted by detailer there and then) - front passenger window slightly misaligned and charging port not fully seated on its clips. Luckily there was a ranger there (Bradley from Newcastle) who promptly sorted both 'mechanical issues'. Other than the phonecall i received from Tesla Head Office asking why I hadn't picked up the car (as I was waiting for the fixes) - the experience was totally seamless.

Took about 2 hours for the app, premium connectivity and my teslamate server to sync up - interestingly, until i had full premium connectivity, i had some slightly odd behaviour from the sound system (no upper speakers on A pillars), reduced sounds from door speakers. All resolved once the premium connectivity synced.

Car has now cycled itself through a couple of software updates up to 2020.48.12.1 - but now i can't access Sentry Mode events, and the car doesn't seem to sleep, meaning i've got quite a lot of vampire drain since the update going to try a reset today (seems to have worked for others).

Very happy with the car overall :)

9240E7F4-C41C-4707-9334-BA478CD0C3D9.JPG

Reactions: M3-Mark
Picked by M3LR up from Leeds this morning.

Noted the following issues:

N/S Camera not working
N/S bonnet misaligned (much lower than O/S)
N/S boot misaligned - touching the bumper (paint damage too?)
Front roof panel is much closer to N/S than O/S
Scratch on drivers seat
Mudguards are missing

Appointment booked via the app for 14th January.

Will hopefully get a chance to check the exterior for scratches or dents tomorrow, as the weather today has been absolutely diabolical!!!

Just took delivery of my M3 SR+ home delivery. Contactless delivery too. Very quick all done in 5 mins.

App worked straight away.

Had a quick look at everything and all looks great I have to say. Made up with it.

Will have a proper look in the morning with better weather.

Tunein radio.is a complete joke though. No stations just loading errors.

Pics to follow.

My first post....

I pick up my 3LR next week in Southampton - it was supposedly a Feb/March delivery, but happy to take it early. Tesla have confirmed 12 months of free Supercharger too. I am hoping the new Tier 4 lockdowns won't be an issue for collection.

As a committed V12 and V8 owner, I am rather looking forward to owning this rather different form of transport!

Have three minor issues with mine (delivered on Monday) but I can only book a service appointment at a dealer, no home visit available. Is this normal? I have a window trim on the rear door that isn't quite located correctly, a near side B pillar camera that does not work and a charge point flap that has to be released with the app, pushing on it won't release it. Surely these are issues that can be sorted by a mobile ranger?

Collected yesterday from Thorpe Park: 5 min queue, 5 min paperwork, left my BMW in the parking lot got my M3 LR!!

I think everything is in perfect condition. Alignment is perfect, no paint issues. The only thing I noticed is that both rear door handles are not flush compared to the front ones. I would say 4 mm difference.

I am not sure if it is worth to open a request

Reactions: M3-Mark
The only thing I noticed is that both rear door handles are not flush compared to the front ones. I would say 4 mm difference.

I am not sure if it is worth to open a request
Mine are like that too. A couple of mm further in then the front ones. As it was both of them, I couldn't see anything wrong with them, and they still work, I've assumed it's intentional, further reinforced by you seeing this too!

I think everything is in perfect condition. Alignment is perfect, no paint issues. The only thing I noticed is that both rear door handles are not flush compared to the front ones. I would say 4 mm difference

Mine are like that too. A couple of mm further in then the front ones. As it was both of them, I couldn't see anything wrong with them, and they still work, I've assumed it's intentional, further reinforced by you seeing this too!

By design the rear door handles are recessed so I wouldn't raise a service request for this. Sounds like you both collected great examples, congrats!

Collected my LR from Leeds yesterday- checked over in the rain as I had >100 miles journey home so had to do all the checks there.
Fortunately, no panel gaps/misalignments, no dents/scractches, all interior immaculate. App was running about an hour after I set off from Leeds.
Only thing missing were the mudflaps, which they said were out of stock. They had >15 trade-ins + other collections at Leeds yesterday so not surprised. I've actually ordered some off eBay which were recommended on here, so not remotely bothered (esp as they said they'd book me in to SC for fitting, and I don't want to drive over 200 miles round trip for that - I just want to drive 200 miles for the sheer hell of it :D )
Updated once I got home (48.12.1) and managed to get almost everything set up before I went to bed, still smiling!

Hope everyone has an equally good collection/delivery experience, Merry Xmas to us!!

Reactions: Medved_77
Status
Not open for further replies.