Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on taking the plunge!

Don’t be too pessimistic on your delivery - yours is a pretty standard configuration, so they will be making lots. There’s still plenty of time for a September delivery, in my case everything happened within the space of about two weeks.

Truth is, nobody knows of course, not even Tesla, so just chill out, order some accessories and get your home charger sorted out so you’re prepared when it does arrive. ;)

im still trying to figure out how you got yours set in 2 3 weeks? i still haven't heard anything since the text last week saying we will hear when it leaves the usa.

I did Heathrow collection, part-ex, and happened to also be away on holiday for the first scheduled delivery date (which they kindly pushed 9 days until I returned).

I asked for a delay of 11 days but that must have been too much, put the phone down and my VIN and invoice were gone!

I did Heathrow collection, part-ex, and happened to also be away on holiday for the first scheduled delivery date (which they kindly pushed 9 days until I returned). My p/x amount was listed as a credit on the final invoice, listed as “Settlement Payment” directly before the “Plug-In Grant” credit.

That's good information, so that line was missing off my first invoice- I'll know for the next one. Thanks.

I asked for a delay of 11 days but that must have been too much, put the phone down and my VIN and invoice were gone!

That's good information, so that line was missing off my first invoice- I'll know for the next one. Thanks.

Not that it is a material difference, but just checked and they gave me a delay of 8 days after the original date they set. I did pay in full before the originally scheduled delivery date and letting them know that I was out of country on holiday and asking for an accommodation. I had hoped that paying in full first might garner some sympathy. I'm not sure if it mattered.

Also, my first "Final Invoice" omitted my part-ex as well and I emailed the deliverygb address and they corrected it.

Last edited:
Are you able to purchase the car from Drive Electric at the end of the lease?

Not as far as i know, its just a lease so technically it should go back after 2 year.

That said my last car (SEAT Leon Cupra) was on lease and at the end of that they offered me a few options - 1. carry on the lease for up to 3 months with no paperwork to do. 2. sign to extend the lease for 6 months+ 3. buy it. I got that one through a broker but it was with SEAT / VW financial services so that might be why they offered what they did.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Ok so, let's have a laugh. I'm assuming my car is on Glovis Sunlight which has now cleared Panama Canal and should dock 11th September. If this is the case, how long do you think it will take to arrive at Stockport to put a teeny weeny smile on my face?! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.