Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had delivery showing for 8th October at Heathrow on final invoice. Phoned sales at Bristol as there was an error on invoice & was told will likely be pushed into September as it’s ‘end Of quarter figures’.
Yesterday Email arrived with Birmingham pickup on 28th Sep.

so, with no VIN even in the code and not a word from Tesla since ordering on August the 6th for collection at Leeds SC, last night about 9:30pm, I emailed the manager briefly just to enquire if he had any word on our car.

Within 5 mins I had a reply saying he'd sourced a match for us with a 9th of Oct ETA and I'd be hearing from the delivery team. 1 minute after that, I had a final invoice in my account with a delivery date of the 1st of Oct on the invoice. I queried the date differences and was told by the manager that it would more likely be the 9th "based on where the car is now."

And I still don't even have a VIN in the code!

BTW, I'm just searching for VIN to see if there's a number after one of the entries, right?

When does the Final Invoice arrive and is this what you pay against. I have not received any more info since the txts about the proposed delivery date. I’m not sure what will happen if they haven’t received the money in time for delivery. Give it away I expect! o_O

When does the Final Invoice arrive and is this what you pay against. I have not received any more info since the txts about the proposed delivery date. I’m not sure what will happen if they haven’t received the money in time for delivery. Give it away I expect! o_O
Same for myself still waiting final invoice for a collection next week. Might call them to chase up as don’t want to say they have not received funds if they leave it late before sending me the invoice.

so, with no VIN even in the code and not a word from Tesla since ordering on August the 6th for collection at Leeds SC, last night about 9:30pm, I emailed the manager briefly just to enquire if he had any word on our car.

Within 5 mins I had a reply saying he'd sourced a match for us with a 9th of Oct ETA and I'd be hearing from the delivery team. 1 minute after that, I had a final invoice in my account with a delivery date of the 1st of Oct on the invoice. I queried the date differences and was told by the manager that it would more likely be the 9th "based on where the car is now."

And I still don't even have a VIN in the code!

BTW, I'm just searching for VIN to see if there's a number after one of the entries, right?
No. Search for 5YJ3 instead, that’ll be the first characters of your VIN :)

Aha - my VIN finally moved from SC to a 'proper one' today. - So delivery still scheduled for next Tuesday (24th September) - which will be two months after order placed......assuming all goes well!

Cannot imagine how @RjbT3 can keep up with all of these updates to the spreadsheet...... :eek:

Reactions: RjbT3
Well, just had Final Invoice 3 and noticed a difference VIN, was 502xxx and now 528xxx. Also need to change the collection date by a day but can't get through on the phone, wife emailed requesting a change but didn't put just a day delay so I'm in a flap incase it gets allocated to someone else :eek:

Well rang the main number nearly an hour ago and the call was answered in 5 minutes, delivery rescheduled to 11.30 on 27th :) anyone else collecting from Stockport that day?

• Informative
Well rang the main number nearly an hour ago and the call was answered in 5 minutes, delivery rescheduled to 11.30 on 27th :) anyone else collecting from Stockport that day?

Final Invoice received today and received a very nice call from Sales at Heathrow just to check all was ok for next week. :cool:

Was your final invoice amount the lower reduced figure? Or had they quoted you on the new price?

Just had my 2nd Final Invoice from Tesla following a phone call from the delivery team. This all updated around 24hrs after I made full payment yesterday for my deposit.

Delivery team told me that it would be helpful if I arrived a little early to complete paperwork. Looking forward to seeing some other TMC members at Heathrow on Tuesday :)

@RjbT3 you can update mine now to show delivery for 24th Sept at Heathrow....we're all keeping you busy!

• Informative
Finally joined the forum still no VIN after calling the Edinburgh showroom today. Between Jury Duty september, old car going early oct and holiday first couple of weeks october, i think im destined to struggle with delivery. Also have to try and get my number plate on it hopefully for pickup

Car Spec: SR+
Colour: White
Interior: Black
Wheels: Aero
FSD: No
Towbar: No
Order Date: 23rd July 2019
SC: Edinburgh
Finance: EST
Trade in: No
Vin Shown: No

• Informative
Finally joined the forum still no VIN after calling the Edinburgh showroom today. Between Jury Duty september, old car going early oct and holiday first couple of weeks october, i think im destined to struggle with delivery. Also have to try and get my number plate on it hopefully for pickup

You did order it nearly 3 months after the doors opened, so worst case, don't be surprised if you are behind somewhat. That said.. the spec you chose may be a popular one, in which case you may get lucky..!

This just shows the shear ridiculous nature of the beast that is ordering from Telsa

I ordered the same spec as you, also using EST, no trade in, also for Edinburgh......

Ordered 8th August and picking up next week.

How can that be right??

I have a delivery date next Weds. They are flapping between locations, mind you. I asked for Dartford, they scheduled me in Heathrow via email. I called them to say it was supposed to be Dartford, and they said changing it now might mean I don't get that car. I received another email today, and they tell me it's now Dartford. 'My Account' in the portal.. says Heathrow.

With a little bit of quantum mechanics.. I may just be able to be in two places at once...

Another from Scotland. Ordered online at the end of July, no VIN as of yet.
Was told September delivery by two sources, one stated it was in transit last week with VIN not allocated until arrival at port.
I had to contact CS this afternoon for a few insurance questions, dropped the delivery Q and the September estimate was disputed so it looks like an October delivery at the earliest. I presume it is not in transit then.... who knows....

It seems if you have not been allocated a VIN as of yet then you are extremely unlikely to receive your car by the end of month.

Anyway:
Car Spec: P+
Interior: White
Wheels: 20"
Order Date: 31st July 2019
Finance: No
VIN Shown: No