Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame you @BelfastEV, I would probably be open to an alternative pick up if it meant a sooner delivery also.

I am quite concerned that I ordered my M3P+ at the end of July and they cannot give an indication of when it is likely to be delivered!

Initially told Aug/Sept so I went ahead and ordered... then SC said end of Sep... then said Sep/early Oct, car in transit... then now saying no idea...

Am I a joke to you Tesla ? Yikes :(

So after a frustrating wait, no VIN in source code, no calls or emails, I started making calls. The Delivery guys were no help, told me they couldn’t match me to anything and didn’t’t update my order when I asked to change wheels to try to speed things along. The people at the Sales centres are much more helpful. Having changed wheels from 19” sport to 18” Aeros, offering to change paint colour from blue to black and offering to pick up from anywhere in England, they have now matched me to my exact spec as long as I can pick it up from Heathrow next week and take a P- version at no extra cost. Bit of a no-brainier that one.
Time will tell if this works out but I think this supports the theory that there is a push to hand over cars as soon as possible and delivery centres in the south of the country are quicker to ship to.
Fingers x’d for next week.

Initial deposit - Jan 2019. Ordered 03 May 19. Order updated 20 Sep
Spec now is: P-, Blue, White Interior, FSD (cancelled July), 18” Aero Wheels
Is it worth calling them then?

completely understand - nothing personal taken. Edinburgh it was

The only thing I can see that "might" be the difference is they may prioritise Scottish people purchasing the car using EST loan..... Not sure whether that has anything to do with it.

Totally see your point - I ordered 8th August and paid deposit same day, had done nothing prior to this at all.

Good luck - hope it sorts itself out asap for you and others.....it's a shambles indeed

my delivery is next week. the difference i noticed is that boo and me have FSD on the order and belfast doesn’t. would make sense to prioritise the FSD ones as it will push up their end of quarter income.

my delivery is next week. the difference i noticed is that boo and me have FSD on the order and belfast doesn’t. would make sense to prioritise the FSD ones as it will push up their end of quarter income.

Fair enough . I’m not too bothered if I be honest as I’m still waiting for the Rolec install I’ve arranged etc and it’s giving me more time to buy all the accessories and learn a bit more about Tesla. It’s more the frustration from an organisational point of view as I come from N Ireland and need to plan my getting of the car . Some weekends in October are out for me Such as the 12th (current car date is the 9th) and it will be Sod’s law I’m designated one of those pushing back my delivery again ! Next weekend to make the Q3 push would of suited me well !

Logically I would have thought all cars were AP and then FSD is activated once the car is assigned to the customer for efficiency but appears that FSD is set from the factory

What department do you guys think is best to contact for delivery estimate?

Online webchat and Customer Service hasn't exactly been too helpful on this front. I know it is a bit of a lottery, but throwing around random months or "impossible to tell" is not good enough months down the line from ordering.

Picked mine up from Heathrow yesterday, I was still half expecting something to get switched at the last moment, but no - the car was there. Red P3D+ drives incredibly, we had a great journey home.

I took a look at the VIN on the demo 3 they were letting everyone climb over, 409xxx, a really early one!

After our briefing the pickup experienced was very "optimised" to getting you out the door though, pair your phone, get ushered into the car, configure your drivers profile, put in drive, there's the door - enjoy!! I did have to say hang on as I hadn't even had a chance to walk around it at that point. Glad we did as we picked up a few issues that are going to need some paint work. Rather disappointing as I couldn't fault the other cars that were being handed over as I was comparing ours to the other ones.

Suprising number of thumbs ups and smiles on the way home!

interesting, I'm another Edinburgh LRAWD black/blue without FSD. Given FSD is a software update, it's a simple measure to increase revenue before 30 Sep by soft-updating cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.