Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received this email, hopefully this doesn't affect anyones delivery

Good morning,

We are emailing as we have an unprecedented amount of collections through the upcoming days.

Due to logistics, there might be last minute changes to appointments but we will be calling to update if there are any changes due.

If you are NOT able to collect between tomorrow (26th) until Monday (30th), please email immediately so we can rearrange the collection date or move you into a different vehicle.

Please, coming up to collection, pay the remaining balance of the vehicle (see your Tesla account for your Final Invoice). If on finance, please use these details to pay the remaining amount due of your finance deposit.

For registration, you will receive a text 24 hours prior to your collection with your license plate number.

Many thanks,

Tesla Manchester

Called on Monday (2d ago) on the general number to deliveries, and was connected to I believe Linda, who did nicely search possible matches (I said I would pickup anywhere, and could be flexible on some of the trim). She proposed a black exterior / white interior and a white exterior / black interior (I had an SR+, MSM/black, 18'', FSD). I said no, then called back an hour later and said I would go for the black exterior / white interior (she had proposed the white interior for free). Was still available so they changed my specs, sent me a first invoice with the white interior not discounted, called me to say a second invoice was being made, and had a credit note a second final invoice a few minutes later in my account on the site. So nice experience, some of the Tesla people are supportive despite the rush.

But... I just realized that the invoice included a scheduled delivery date on 24/9, which was yesterday. I called this morning, first time I was disconnected after 30 minutes and an abrupt message, then got a guy who was completely evasive. Then I tried the chat a few minutes ago, and now see that I just had an answer: apparently I would have an appointment set to Sept 30 at 4pm -- last batch before close of Q??. And did just get an email confirming. So I can only assume that the person answering the chat actually took the step of booking the appointment, that each car goes through different steps whenever someone's on it... I keep my fingers crossed for my appointment and you all...

Was worth contacting them and chasing

So updates to the spreadheet: now black exterior / white interior, VIN, final inv Y, sched. delivery 24/9 (on final invoice), delivery app. 30/9, comment: changed from MSM/black as could be matched that way, got the delivery app. only after chasing

It's a lottery as with the cars who you get to speak to on the other end
Thurs : couldn't explain why my delivery got cancelled and offered no other option/help
Fri : some explanation and said would leave a note for a colleague to match stock in Stockport
Mon (as no one rang back) : whilst on phone offer to match me to stock in country... Surprisingly nothing white/white awd/p

I am in two minds between chasing the car (original deposit holder but didn't order until mid July when white became free - white SR+ aero wheels , no towbar , very simple but common order) and waiting for the chaos to die down so I dont get a changed delivery day etc as i'm coming from N.Ireland....

Reactions: pmg102
Others have got their number plate between a week to 1 day before delivery - sounds like you're very close, unless they've changed their process and assigning plates much earlier. Courageous on their part if so as that car will now forever have its "date first registered" @ DVLA
We waited 2 weeks to get a phone call but heard nothing so called them on Friday 13th Sep. They said they’d look into it for us, managed to find our car the week after and booked us in for the following Saturday (21st) at Heathrow for collection.

Apparently the car arrived since 3rd Sep. The plate was not the same as the one from the email at the end of August. It is a 69 plate. Couldn’t be more excited. :)

So have my appointment on my account for Sat 28th 14:00 Edinburgh collection. Still no EST money in my account despite sending my final invoice through on 10th Sept. Phoned them this morning and they said I was on yesterdays payment run. Not sure the money is going to get to me before my appointment. Trying to leave contacting Tesla as late as possible in case they take my car off me. Tomorrow is my last chance I guess to get the money. I am hoping that if I cant collect and tell Tesla, they will move to Monday or Tuesday, given it may be hard to assign to someone else on say Friday evening and get the new person to pay and collect over the weekend before Month end.

Went to collect today, 10am in Stockport (I'm 100miles away, so took the train). At 9:15 missed a call due to bad signal whilst on the train. I then get an email from Tesla, saying that actually my car isn't there. Wasn't best pleased, but as I was practically there I decided to go anyway.

Spoke to the guys there who were excellent in my opinion. Apologetic, obviously very busy, but did everything they could to investigate what happened. It turns out that after my order I requested a Birmingham delivery, but it didn't update correctly on the system, so logistics have it as Birmingham, and sales system had it as Manchester. The car is in Southampton, and I'm picking it up Tuesday instead, from BIrmingham (20 minutes away), so much more convenient. It could've been Sunday but I'm away Friday-Monday anyway.

They sorted out a first class return ticket for me to get back, have thrown in some mats (I'm pushing for a bit more too, we'll see how far I get). The manager (Paul) was good too, dropped me at the station in a M3P+ and he briefly showed me what it can do, and it can do a lot...

Frustrating day, but the staff were genuinely very good - they cared and were helpful.

Roll on Tuesday

Went to collect today, 10am in Stockport (I'm 100miles away, so took the train). At 9:15 missed a call due to bad signal whilst on the train. I then get an email from Tesla, saying that actually my car isn't there. Wasn't best pleased, but as I was practically there I decided to go anyway.

Spoke to the guys there who were excellent in my opinion. Apologetic, obviously very busy, but did everything they could to investigate what happened. It turns out that after my order I requested a Birmingham delivery, but it didn't update correctly on the system, so logistics have it as Birmingham, and sales system had it as Manchester. The car is in Southampton, and I'm picking it up Tuesday instead, from BIrmingham (20 minutes away), so much more convenient. It could've been Sunday but I'm away Friday-Monday anyway.

They sorted out a first class return ticket for me to get back, have thrown in some mats (I'm pushing for a bit more too, we'll see how far I get). The manager (Paul) was good too, dropped me at the station in a M3P+ and he briefly showed me what it can do, and it can do a lot...

Frustrating day, but the staff were genuinely very good - they cared and were helpful.

Roll on Tuesday

Well at least they have dealt with it but I won't be pleased if it happens to me at 11.30 lol. Mine has always been Stockport so fingers crossed they don't get confused!

Reactions: stuff

Roll on Tuesday
Pleased all worked out (will).. Paul was great when I visited empty showroom in May.. But subsequently not responded to emails and can't get through on phone.

So have my appointment on my account for Sat 28th 14:00 Edinburgh collection. Still no EST money in my account despite sending my final invoice through on 10th Sept. Phoned them this morning and they said I was on yesterdays payment run. Not sure the money is going to get to me before my appointment. Trying to leave contacting Tesla as late as possible in case they take my car off me. Tomorrow is my last chance I guess to get the money. I am hoping that if I cant collect and tell Tesla, they will move to Monday or Tuesday, given it may be hard to assign to someone else on say Friday evening and get the new person to pay and collect over the weekend before Month end.

They transfer by BACS. It should take 3 days including the day of transfer. I however bizarrely took 4 days for me.

I suspect your money may be in tomorrow. It comes on quite early with most banks.

PS. I don’t understand why EST is so slow. All they do is check the invoice and do a credit check. They had me really stressed as they took longer than they said they would and forgot to process my payment.

They transfer by BACS. It should take 3 days including the day of transfer. I however bizarrely took 4 days for me.

I suspect your money may be in tomorrow. It comes on quite early with most banks.

PS. I don’t understand why EST is so slow. All they do is check the invoice and do a credit check. They had me really stressed as they took longer than they said they would and forgot to process my payment.
Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.