Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla order page now estimates delivery for SR+ as February... it was November only last week. Seriously worried now that I won’t see any sight of my car before 2020. Ordered 23rd September and original estimate for delivery was 7th November. Hope I’ve not made a huge mistake - time will tell.

Tesla order page now estimates delivery for SR+ as February... it was November only last week. Seriously worried now that I won’t see any sight of my car before 2020. Ordered 23rd September and original estimate for delivery was 7th November. Hope I’ve not made a huge mistake - time will tell.
Fooook me! I ordered a SR+ 11th September. Still in solitary as far as any news or a VIN goes. Hope this doesn’t turn out to be the case. I’ll hang on before blowing a fuse to see what the full story is but 6 months when the majority of pre-orders have been fulfilled and there appears to be inventory cars building themselves in the UK or whatever..... [wish forum emojis would let me do ‘bloke shrugging shoulders]

Thats big news. the dates have always been hopelessly optimistic. This is the first time I have seen them say anything later than about 1 month.
but it makes possible sense. On previous form there will be almost no shipments to europe in December (end of quarter) so almost no deliveries in January. So basically a car ordered today ( that cannot be met from stock) either gets on a boat in November and arrives in December OR it gets on a boat in Jan and Arrives in Feb. So what they are saying is that if you order an SR it will not be shipped until Jan but if you order an LR or P they either have unallocated on the way OR will be able to build it in time to ship it for delivery before the end of the quarter. Maybe they are prioritising P and LR since they cost more.

The other possibility is that they are being devious as usual and I would not put it past them to say that just to up sell the LR and P. !

If anyone can tell me when I might get my M3 then please include this week’s lottery numbers as you obviously have ‘the gift’ and are psychic?! Snail racing might be faster (sighs heavily). I think I will need a new hobby to pass the time whilst I’m waiting - best suggestion will get zero supercharger miles and a cuddly toy o_O:(:rolleyes:

Fooook me! I ordered a SR+ 11th September. Still in solitary as far as any news or a VIN goes. Hope this doesn’t turn out to be the case. I’ll hang on before blowing a fuse to see what the full story is but 6 months when the majority of pre-orders have been fulfilled and there appears to be inventory cars building themselves in the UK or whatever..... [wish forum emojis would let me do ‘bloke shrugging shoulders]
I suppose there’s always hope with the Jasper Arrow. Have cars been allocated yet? Apols if that isn’t how it works. Slowly getting my head around it as I’m sure many of us are.

The order page is saying if you order now then it would be Feb. You ordered nearly 2 months ago so take 2 months off Feb and that is December. That’s about right in my estimation.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
P0
The order page is saying if you order now then it would be Feb. You ordered nearly 2 months ago so take 2 months off Feb and that is December. That’s about right in my estimation.
yeah. I think I had a knee jerk reaction there after watching too many YouTube videos and kicking a pile of accessories under my desk for a month. Whenever I feel like this, I go and watch a load of videos from owners of other cars and suddenly a life WITH a Tesla and a life WITHOUT Ecotricity sets me back on the straight and narrow.

I’m picking up a 2017 LEAF tomorrow to make the house totally lecky and I have solar PV as of a week ago so this is helping. Might go outside and lick my Powerwall.

If anyone can tell me when I might get my M3 then please include this week’s lottery numbers as you obviously have ‘the gift’ and are psychic?! Snail racing might be faster (sighs heavily). I think I will need a new hobby to pass the time whilst I’m waiting - best suggestion will get zero supercharger miles and a cuddly toy o_O:(:rolleyes:
What most people do is:
  • read this forum
  • check the source code of your account page twice an hour for a vin
  • research / buy accessories ( have you chosen your console wrap brand, colour and pattern yet??)
  • switch to Octopus energy ( using a referal code from Roy W ( other referral codes are available))
  • Get a smart meter fitted
  • Get a charge point fitted
  • become an expert and obsess over cargo ship movements
  • watch You Tube Videos of Teslas
  • Read Elons Tweets
  • Bore friends and family into a coma talking about Tesla
  • Learn the locations of the entire UK supercharger network
  • Use ABRP to review every journey you might ever do in all possible weather conditions

That should keep you going for a while. Welcome to the Tobe Tesla owners club. Check your sanity at the door

What most people do is:
  • read this forum
  • research / buy accessories ( have you chosen your console wrap brand, colour and pattern yet??)
  • switch to Octopus energy ( using a referal code from Roy W ( other referral codes are available))
  • Read Elons Tweets
  • Use ABRP to review every journey you might ever do in all possible weather conditions

That should keep you going for a while. Welcome to the Tobe Tesla owners club. Check your sanity at the door

‘I used to think I was a sane, rational human being, but since ordering I’ve developed obsessive compulsive disorder! :confused:

What most people do is:
  • read this forum
  • Read Elons Tweets

THIS.... is spookily accurate. I swear you have access to cameras in here. Love it.

Your list of all the 'definites'. Done them all to death. Pile of accessories under my desk. YouTube history looks a shrine to one bloke. But I went a step further since ordering and had a Solar panels and a Powerwall fitted. At least it gives me something to play with in the Tesla app!

Status
Not open for further replies.