Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2-3 months sounds about right. Average wait time is approx 3 months. Picking mine up on Thursday and will be exactly three months since I ordered.

Although LR seem to have better on the Tesla websites regarding estimated delivery right now:

SR+ - February
LR - December
P - December

So you might get lucky.
Im collecting Friday, again exactly 3mths from ordering through a lease

I noticed that on my manage account page under Documents it said 'Final Invoice'. The final invoice includes the 'Scheduled Delivery Date' (9 December) and the RN number, but not the VIN. The page includes the expression 'We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date.' but does not say they have already done that - and I have not received any emails about the final invoice or delivery date. The Source Code for the page (Ctrl U) does include the VIN in two places along with the code vinIsRevealed:False. In view of the fact that the Final Invoice is dated today, I was going to wait a day or two to see if I got an email to draw my attention to the final invoice and scheduled delivery date but in view of the interest here, thought I'd provide some more details.

To recap, I ordered an M3 LR AWD on 14 October in Milton Keynes for delivery Heathrow.

If the sheet is being updated, as commented on the ships thread I got a 502xxx page source VIN on October 22nd. Other than that, no updates since I confirmed details on order day.

M3 LR AWD, ordered September 5th to Dartford

I thought I was on Grand Pioneer using the Panama Canal source VIN timing "logic". Maybe mine is right at the back of the car park in Southampton, or maybe it is still in SF. Time will tell!

Ordered my M3P on the 17th October, the guys in my local Tesla showroom are great and very helpful. Speaking to them face to face today, I have found out that my car is on a ship (in transit) to Zeebrugge.
Not sure when it docks or how long it takes once it has docked at Zeebrugge, but at least I seem to have a car , fingers crossed for before Christmas

Ordered my M3P on the 17th October, the guys in my local Tesla showroom are great and very helpful. Speaking to them face to face today, I have found out that my car is on a ship (in transit) to Zeebrugge.
Not sure when it docks or how long it takes once it has docked at Zeebrugge, but at least I seem to have a car , fingers crossed for before Christmas

Might be on 'Jasper Arrow'?
Julien KRIVACSY on Twitter
The estimated arrival for that vessel is 15th November. :)

This guy has lots of useful info about Tesla ships, could be useful to look at:
Morten Grove (@mortenlund89) | Twitter

Reactions: Ant M3
The "jasper Arrow", full of M3 Performance is now heading towards Europe.
The Tesla delivery guy gave me a VIN ( so they do know ...) si ot means one of the cars on that ship is mine.
ETA nov 15th in Zeebrugge Belgium ! Excellent news.

Attachments

• IMG_7328.PNG
    IMG_7328.PNG
    249.6 KB · Views: 54
Just checked my Tesla account using open source I was allocated a vin yesterday. Rang Tesla customer services who were excellent car was allocated to me yesterday and has left San Francisco delivery due first week in December ‍♂️

Ordered 19th September

great news
Out of interest, what vin did you get? Obviously not the full vin, but the 8th character that signifies the drive level.

The Vin they gave me over the phone today matches the one in the source code, but the 8th character is “C”;
eg; 5YJ3F7EC2LF579nnn

5YJ is the manufacturer code for Tesla
3 is model identifier
F is the body type
7 is the restraint system
E is the battery type
And C is motor drive unit.

Therafter follows a check digit, a model year, location of manufacture, and the serial number.

I’m pretty sure my C should be a P...

My leasing company (Wessex fleet) have asked me to re-confirm my pickup location - I've no confirmed date or anything yet as I only ordered 17th Oct. Edinburgh is my closest given I'm in N. Ireland, however is there any evidence to suggest that delivery might be quicker if I selected Manchester? I thought I saw some comments on other threads about Edinburgh not getting stock frequently.

Thanks in advance

Out of interest, what vin did you get? Obviously not the full vin, but the 8th character that signifies the drive level.

The Vin they gave me over the phone today matches the one in the source code, but the 8th character is “C”;
eg; 5YJ3F7EC2LF579nnn

5YJ is the manufacturer code for Tesla
3 is model identifier
F is the body type
7 is the restraint system
E is the battery type
And C is motor drive unit.

Therafter follows a check digit, a model year, location of manufacture, and the serial number.

I’m pretty sure my C should be a P...

I have the same too for my M3P!
5YJ3F7ECXLF582xxx

It's worth noting that (as far as I know) the Model 3 doesn't have performance motors, it's the exact same layout as the LR-AWD, just with less software limits and presumably some improved hardware to provide the additional power to the motors like a different inverter.
Correct me if I'm getting it wrong though! :)

Reactions: wasp
Status
Not open for further replies.