Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to now, Tesla say its nothing to do with them,

Exactly my thoughts, spoke to Tesla and they said the Broker has to do this so email sent !
Just be aware that in the past some cars have been added to inventory by mistake. Someone posted on here that they rang up, asked to be assigned to an inventory car and Tesla said yes and assigned it. A day or so later they retracted it saying the cars were added by mistake. Fortunately that person hadn't yet cancelled their original order.

Although it's possible you could get a car quicker, or have the assignment of car quicker, there's also a posibility that it will actually detrement you.

Personally I don't think it's worth the risk, and i'm not convinced it gets you the car any quicker, most of the time they seem to be cars on the same ship. Although there were several times that matching specs popped up in inventory during my order process, I never asked to be switched to inventory and got mine in 3 months which seems to be the correct wait time.

Reactions: Chalks99
I didn't see anywhere to enter a referral code during order, i was on mobile however.

Few more performance cars in inventory right now, all for mid jan delivery so not worth me changing over, I do wonder why they put inventory cars on the site that are not even in the Uk.

Some of them have VIN number very close to my VIN, which has been allocated to me for about 3 weeks now and was supposed to be in Zeebrugge a couple of weeks ago, I was told early December but its all gone quiet I do hope they aren't stuck in Zeebrugge till the new year . It does all seem a bit random.

Some of them have VIN number very close to my VIN, which has been allocated to me for about 3 weeks now and was supposed to be in Zeebrugge a couple of weeks ago, I was told early December but its all gone quiet I do hope they aren't stuck in Zeebrugge till the new year . It does all seem a bit random.
It's pretty obvious they are getting stuck, when I got a call 10 days ago and before, I'd heard about logistics issues and no guarantees (despite being called by tesla to tell me when) but still got told Friday 13th. So I'm hopeful its before, my next years ncd is 26th of december but my car is also on its last legs so getting eager to swap it out.

Unfortunately had to cancel my order today.

Reservation 3/10/17
Ordered 3/05/19
SR+, blue paint, black interior, 19’ sport wheels, Heathrow
Switched to Octopus financing July 19

Still haven’t been allocated a VIN and Tesla have said it won’t be here by the end of the year. The 19’ wheels is the suspected reason why it’s taken so long. Being a Tesla fan boy, I’ve tried to be patient......but can’t justify waiting longer without an estimated delivery

Unfortunately had to cancel my order today.

Reservation 3/10/17
Ordered 3/05/19
SR+, blue paint, black interior, 19’ sport wheels, Heathrow
Switched to Octopus financing July 19

Still haven’t been allocated a VIN and Tesla have said it won’t be here by the end of the year. The 19’ wheels is the suspected reason why it’s taken so long. Being a Tesla fan boy, I’ve tried to be patient......but can’t justify waiting longer without an estimated delivery

Didn't fancy an inventory car?

Order placed 4th October. SR+, MSM, Black interior, Aero wheels, Trade in
5th November final invoice gave VIN and scheduled delivery 27 November.
Rang Maidenhead 19th November told the car was in Belgium, delivery end of December.
Today 15:45 received email from "[email protected]" rescheduled delivery date 9th December.
Had paid the full amount in anticipation of 27 Nov
Account page now showing "Credit note" for amount paid and "Final Invoice 2" with Payment Due 0.00 VIN still the same.
Appointment time and place also appear in source code on "MANAGE" page.
Trying not to be too excited "Many a slip twixt ......................"

Reactions: Chalks99
Email - they said I’d get an SMS but I didn’t. Will ring them tomorrow to accept the appointment as I know you only have 7 days, but there is no way to reply to the email.

I’m not sure you need to call them to accept the appointment - I certainly haven’t and the email makes no mention that you have to. I would suggest the 7 days is for you to reject it, not accept it.

I have a collection arranged for Birmingham on 9th December, I received an email and a SMS today, the latter asked for a yes or no confirmation of the appointment.
You probably don't care but Birmingham seems to be a lot busier during the week than at weekends there are often 15-20 collections on weekdays. Saturday this week there were only 2 ( I was one of them). They are happy to move the date ( later ) by a few days so if you wanted a different day or a weekend it you phone them they will move it. Email seems to be a waste of time.

You probably don't care but Birmingham seems to be a lot busier during the week than at weekends there are often 15-20 collections on weekdays. Saturday this week there were only 2 ( I was one of them). They are happy to move the date ( later ) by a few days so if you wanted a different day or a weekend it you phone them they will move it. Email seems to be a waste of time.

I can’t get there the following weekend and I doubt they can bring it forward.
Would prefer a quieter day but I think I am happy to just get in and drive off!

the best way to learn is to play around.

Thanks for the info - what number did you use to contact them?

Status
Not open for further replies.