Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure the inventory will get in any earlier. I have a custom order from the 1st of November and a Inventory Order. The inventory is scheduled for January while the custom order is due for pickup week after next.

I tried this on Friday, I saw an identical car to my order in Southampton, my car is expected 1st Jan and is in Belgium.

I spoke with he delivery lady and said I did have a hidden vin assigned, she advised me that I should not "trick" the system to look at the vin because that vin could change at any time and the vin i see is may not have no relation to the vin that i will get and that as far as anyone is concerned no vin has been assigned to me until it is officially on the page, i said great...because I wanted to change to an inventory car that is in southampton.

She then advised me that I couldn't just switch to that car as I had a Vin assigned, wait. What?

"But you just told me the vin can be changed at any time?"

Sounded like she was talking out of her arse to be honest, one way or the other, I had to sit through about ten mins of absolute bullshit excuses.

I was then told that the only way is to put a 2k deposit on the inventory car and then cancel my existing order BUT the inventory car even though it is in the UK will not get to me before 1st Jan.

I then asked about the cars that are in Dartford, would those get to me before 1st Jan?.....She reluctantly agreed....

I then went offline, made an order for an inventory in Heathrow because the one in Dartford had already gone, called back up to have the details switched over, waited 10mins on hold and then got kicked off hold when everyone went home at half past four and they do not work over the weekend.

Make of that what you will.

I tried this on Friday, I saw an identical car to my order in Southampton, my car is expected 1st Jan and is in Belgium.

I spoke with he delivery lady and said I did have a hidden vin assigned, she advised me that I should not "trick" the system to look at the vin because that vin could change at any time and the vin i see is may not have no relation to the vin that i will get and that as far as anyone is concerned no vin has been assigned to me until it is officially on the page, i said great...because I wanted to change to an inventory car that is in southampton.

She then advised me that I couldn't just switch to that car as I had a Vin assigned, wait. What?

Sounded like she was talking out of her arse to be honest, one way or the other, I had to sit through about ten mins of absolute bullshit excuses.

I was then told that the only way is to put a 2k deposit on the inventory car and then cancel my existing order BUT the inventory car even though it is in the UK will not get to me before 1st Jan.

I then asked about the cars that are in Dartford, would those get to me before 1st Jan?.....She reluctantly agreed....

I then went offline, made an order for an inventory in Heathrow because the one in Dartford had already gone, called back up to have the details switched over, waited 10mins on hold and then got kicked off hold when everyone went home at half past four and they do not work over the weekend.

I don't know if you've seen my posts on this in the past but I feel like switching to an inventory car is a huge gamble.

A lot of the time we don't know why these cars are in inventory, exactly where they are, when you would actually take delivery etc. Someone posted on here that they switched to an inventory car, only for Tesla to cancel the new order claiming that those cars were added to inventory by mistake. Fortunately he had not yet cancelled his original order.

My advice: Just wait. I know the wait is long and awful, and it sucks to be left in the dark, but you will get the car.

My wait was exactly 3 months (pretty standard wait time), and I never tried to switch to an inventory car, I didn't want to risk it.

I have a red M3P with white/black interior
Not full self drive.

I will indeed be collecting from Birmingham.

The order went in on Monday this week, and at the time " estimated December "
With all the change to February dates flying around, I wondered if inventory might be quicker.

Thanks

That's interesting. When I placed an inventory order there was no location at all. I'm going to keep both my orders until I get one delivered and then just cancel the other one.

I don't know if you've seen my posts on this in the past but I feel like switching to an inventory car is a huge gamble.

A lot of the time we don't know why these cars are in inventory, exactly where they are, when you would actually take delivery etc. Someone posted on here that they switched to an inventory car, only for Tesla to cancel the new order claiming that those cars were added to inventory by mistake. Fortunately he had not yet cancelled his original order.

My advice: Just wait. I know the wait is long and awful, and it sucks to be left in the dark, but you will get the car.

My wait was exactly 3 months (pretty standard wait time), and I never tried to switch to an inventory car, I didn't want to risk it.

I’d tend to agree. My original order (early October) said November - I’ve had nothing but grief after switching to an inventory model. Very low vin (4484XX) with issues that have taken weeks to solve, collection is now “hopefully” next week.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowpring and xnetco
I’d tend to agree. My original order (early October) said November - I’ve had nothing but grief after switching to an inventory model. Very low vin (4484XX) with issues that have taken weeks to solve, collection is now “hopefully” next week.
Mine said November too but then changed to Jan.

was the inventory car you chose in the UK? Was it at the service centre?

I ordered SR+ via Leaseplan mid September through work. Still waiting for a date. Re the RN number and account matching though - Leaseplan told me via the phone that they did not hold RN numbers and that was something only Tesla could give me. They even emailed me directly after the phone call to confirm this.

I then wrote an email to the order team at Leaseplan and asked them to link my account online. Took a week and a bit but they emailed Tesla, copying me in, asking them to link my account and gave me my RN number. Might be useful for those above to know.

2 working days have passed but my account is not linked yet. I'm going to call Tesla on Monday and ask for an update re delivery.
I ordered my m3sr+ on 20th September and I pick up on Wednesday 4th December WD

I ordered a M3P early Nov, Been told I have a vehicle assigned and a VIN and that it has been manufactured and on route to the UK with delivery likely early Jan. My tesla account does not show a VIN. Does anyone know how to find this out? found a real scale of helpfulness when you call from "computer says no" attitude to someone actually looking at the file and sharing what they can!

Status
Not open for further replies.