Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm collecting on Thursday - a little over 48hrs. I haven't made any payment yet, my account still says we are drafting your contract etc and will contact you when you can make your final payment. Is this normal or should I do something? I have generally just let things run their course throughout this whole thing but I don't want to fall at the final hurdle. Any tips or advice from those who have been here recently??

I’m sure it will be. At the moment Im not exactly experiencing the warm and fuzzy euphoria of a new car owner, since my sole experience with a model 3 is driving one across London in the rush hour, twice, whilst various kamikaze trucks and minicabs attempt to peel various panels off of it. If electric cars are more relaxing to drive, the A406 will very quickly counter the soperific effect and induce ‘pulp fiction’ quantities of Adrenalin.

What I can say from my brief exposure is that I didn’t need the performance version.

The comforts and performance of the long range car would have been just fine. I’m no stranger to fast cars. I’ve driven exotics of all types and had the chance to give them some welly when the road is clear, and none of them, barring perhaps an LCC Rocket I once played with, accelerates with the brutality of this daft family saloon. Some of the them have had better rear visibility though...

It's funny. I'm getting a hit apprehensive about it now it's getting closer. My current car is a 2l petrol bmw, it was such a step up from my 1.2 clio but after 18 months I wanted more from the engine so I said I would never buy the cheaper one again to prevent buyers remorse.... edit: I lived with it for another 8.5 years after that and it still nippy if you push it hard and drive aggressively.

I've been timing how fast my car goes in 4th (the gear it wants to be in) from 40-60 and its definitely longer than 6 seconds....

Have you checked lower down the page. Is there a final invoice to view?

Yeah, there is a Final Invoice, which is addressed to Blackhorse for the full value of the car. I am financing through Tesla/BH. The invoice doesn't really make any sense in terms of confirming what I should pay. There is also a subsequent credit note for that invoice so I suppose it isn't even valid.

Ive been a top lurker here for a while - listening to everyone and the great advice and support. Now, finally, my turn! Birmingham bound on Friday!

Charger being installed Thursday (phew - thanks to everyone at SmartHomeCharge for pulling all the stops out!). Now its insurance - sticky one as Quote Me Happy dont insure Tesla (keeps throwing me out of the quote process and I am a current customer!) and no way to contact them. Looks like i'll have to move insurers for all my cars (Golf R, Rav4 and now Tesla SR+)

Reactions: Ant M3
It's funny. I'm getting a hit apprehensive about it now it's getting closer. My current car is a 2l petrol bmw, it was such a step up from my 1.2 clio but after 18 months I wanted more from the engine so I said I would never buy the cheaper one again to prevent buyers remorse.... edit: I lived with it for another 8.5 years after that and it still nippy if you push it hard and drive aggressively.

I've been timing how fast my car goes in 4th (the gear it wants to be in) from 40-60 and its definitely longer than 6 seconds....
Safe to say, you're in for a bit of a surprise. The Model 3 is so far removed from a 1200cc Clio it might as well have wings.
I too had a 1.2 Clio, as a cheap park-it-anywhere second car that was perfect for parking in places I'd never take my ‘nice’ car, and for the daily commute to work around the aforementioned dodgem track of the A406. It used tiny amounts of fuel, cost pennies to insure, and meant I didn't have to get the bus to work when my wife needed a car for the day. It would be hard to imagine a more economical way of motoring. I couldn't bear it though. It was just to gutless. A 1.4 litre Polo followed it, which was a tad more gutsy, to the point I could almost detect the tiniest hint of torque. That went too, and the current old nail for use in the less salubrious environs of East London is an old 2.4 litre Volvo hatch, which is at what I would consider the acceptable minimum in terms of pace and makes lovely Audi ur-quattro-esque warblings from its five-pot engine. Mmmmm.... ur-quattro...
The downside is it only does 24 to the gallon, but at least I dont get out of it every time I drive it with a fervent desire to set it on fire for being so bloody slow.

The Model 3 is why we’re here though. I've done 100 miles in it now, and can definitely say its a winner. When it was first revealed a few years ago I thought Tesla had come up with something with all the visual appeal of a steaming dog-egg, but parked on my drive I have to say it looks rather handsome. It drives nicely, it rides very well, and it's free of most of the things I hate about American cars. If I have any complaints, they are minor (Id love to be able to turn off the electrochromatic mirrors - I cant see a bloody thing!). The interior fit and finish isn't as nice as my Audi, but were talking tiny details here. It's better than the last A-class Merc, and a far nicer place to be than the last 1-series BMW. It’s no sports car though, it has all the delicacy of Russian shotputter in a tutu, so threading it through some twisty mountain switchbacks isn’t something I’ll be hankering to do anytime soon. It’s definitely more a family-car-possessed-by-demons sort of experience.

The throttle response though... Outrageous.

Called Tesla this morning and was given delivery date of 16th December in Leeds, was starting to get concerned it could be delayed but what a Christmas present! I haven't had a text or email though so no way of confirming.
I was told on the phone this morning that I shouldn't need to call to check for updates as I'll be notified when things change. This is a clear example of there being a delay. Fingers crossed for you on 16th!

Status
Not open for further replies.