Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collected my white M3P today from Birmingham. Very straightforward and no issues.

Boy, what a car. My only gripe is it's on v9 software and says it's at the latest version. Several wi-fi and hotspot and it's still not seeing anything.

Anyone else suffered the same - is it simply a game of waiting or is there value in speaking to service centre (I've heard reports they can help force updates)

I downloaded and installed 3 updates (up to 2019.40.2.1) in the course of 24 hours (ish)
upload_2019-12-13_14-58-13.png

It's pretty fiddly with wifi access, I had to park the car as close as possible, with the passenger side mirror nearest to my router

Reactions: Chalks99
Where do I find the hidden vin ? I ordered sr+ at the end of October, I have an RN number
You can find it in the manage page source, but good luck with that.
They didn’t ship many SR+in this quarter and they are still people who ordered SR+ in July, August, September and no car allocated yet.
I’ve ordered an SR+ at the beginning of October and at the end of November I’ve been told to expect it in February.
In the end changed my order to a LR on the 29th of November and picking it up on Tuesday.
I wish you get your car soon but realistically it will take some time.

They didn’t ship many SR+in this quarter and they are still people who ordered SR+ in July, August, September and no car allocated yet.
I’ve ordered an SR+ at the beginning of October and at the end of November I’ve been told to expect it in February.
In the end changed my order to a LR on the 29th of November and picking it up on Tuesday.

Thanks I’ll have a look, they said February but I’d rather wait till March to get the new reg.

Wondering if anyone can help, I am picking up on Monday and just been given my VIN. I ordered a M3 performance and according to the VIN checkers available online the 8th digit of the VIN corresponds to either Dual Motor (B) or Single motor (C). My VIN has a C as the 8th digit and I panicked and fired off an email to the leasing company and tesla to check that I have been allocated the correct car.

I have now looked on the inventory list and there are a few performance models on there with C as the 8th digit, so maybe I was a little hasty. Can anyone shed any light?

Mines a C too, and It hurts when I hit the throttle, don’t worry about it...

Reactions: greedybantam
PIcked up my M3 LR AWD on Wednesday at Heathrow. Handover was efficient with rep happy to sit in the car and help set up the options for quite a while despite them being keen to get all the 9.30 handovers out of the shed so they could bring in the next lot. Apparently they are shifting about 70 cars a day from the Heathrow facility! Sadly it has got to go back next Wednesday for them to address some defects picked up on handover or as soon as I got home. These include a couple of paint scrapes presumably caused during transportation, a paint bubble / blemish, and some very dirty finger marks on the interior of the B pillar. Shame that a fantastic car can't be delivered in a A1 condition.

I only got the registration number about 18 hours before pick up - and then only by phoning. This despite being promised I would get it days before and by text. This seems to be a pretty poor bit of admin since it didn't seem to be possible to get insurance arranged without it.

PIcked up my M3 LR AWD on Wednesday at Heathrow. Handover was efficient with rep happy to sit in the car and help set up the options for quite a while despite them being keen to get all the 9.30 handovers out of the shed so they could bring in the next lot. Apparently they are shifting about 70 cars a day from the Heathrow facility! Sadly it has got to go back next Wednesday for them to address some defects picked up on handover or as soon as I got home. These include a couple of paint scrapes presumably caused during transportation, a paint bubble / blemish, and some very dirty finger marks on the interior of the B pillar. Shame that a fantastic car can't be delivered in a A1 condition.

I only got the registration number about 18 hours before pick up - and then only by phoning. This despite being promised I would get it days before and by text. This seems to be a pretty poor bit of admin since it didn't seem to be possible to get insurance arranged without it.
Congratulations for the car. I have been given delivery date 21st December. I will call them to get the reg.
Where did you get the insurance from, is it only directline who are offering insurance in M3?

Newbie awaiting delivery of SR+. As it is a lease car via work, I left leasing firm to sort it out. But after a week shy of 3 months and no news, gave Tesla a call. They advised that as I had ordered on September 20th I would be put on a “Escilation list” to get one of the next cars, but as it stands this will be mid Jan. Due a call back on Monday with more info... but expecting Jan or even Feb delivery now.

Newbie awaiting delivery of SR+. As it is a lease car via work, I left leasing firm to sort it out. But after a week shy of 3 months and no news, gave Tesla a call. They advised that as I had ordered on September 20th I would be put on a “Escilation list” to get one of the next cars, but as it stands this will be mid Jan. Due a call back on Monday with more info... but expecting Jan or even Feb delivery now.
Funnily enough im on the same list. ordered SR + white/white 29th august.

Congratulations for the car. I have been given delivery date 21st December. I will call them to get the reg.
Where did you get the insurance from, is it only directline who are offering insurance in M3?

I’m already with DL and have a few policies with them so get a bit of a discount. Changed the policy over to the Tesla from Monday, and is only £14 more.. that’s from an Audi Rs4 - did an online quote before hand and was £1200 for just me, £1020 when I added my wife as named driver, and when I called and asked about the yearly renewal price she said it will be £960 as it’s up for renewal in Jan....
might be worth calling up to get a quote just from my recent experiences..

Mine's rearranged for Sat 21st at 2pm which works well for me.

I also asked about the private plates (hoping they'll make them up FOC), state of charge on collection, for a couple of exta keycards (£25 iirc) and confirmation of the remaining balance required for the deposit.

Merry Tesla collecting Christmas everyone :D

If it helps we put private plates on our SR+ which we picked up in September. Tesla will make the plates up for you but will not register it with those plates. It's a bit of a hassle - but all online - as you have to 1) Insure the car with it's Tesla plates in order to collect it 2) Drive home and register the car with the Private plates 3) change the insurance to the new plates.

As we PXd the old car which had the private plates on it we had a couple of steps before them to transfer it to a retention cert.

The good news is that changing the physical plates is 5 mins work - ask Tesla to show you how to unclip the plate holders when you collect.

You will love it (except the wiper, controls). Good luck

I’d tend to agree. My original order (early October) said November - I’ve had nothing but grief after switching to an inventory model. Very low vin (4484XX) with issues that have taken weeks to solve, collection is now “hopefully” next week.
I got a text and email stating that pickup is on 18th December.... super excited! I’m glad I never changed to inventory.

My insurance was arranged through LV= online. They quoted, without the registration, through GoCompare. They were about £600. Next was over £1000 and several over £2000. LVs policy is tailored to EVs and includes a free, no excess, tow to a charge point if you run out. They were helpful on the phone when I rang to discuss the fact that I might not have a registration until the last minute. Having saved a quote that would be no problem - just phone with the reg.

• Informative
Reactions: Latibes
Status
Not open for further replies.