Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? Does Christian work for Tesla? I literally tried to add a referral the day after I ordered (in my excitement I forgot to go through the referral link), and they told me "sorry, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, we have to be very strict on this"...
Ditto, also no chance of a referral if its a lease (I don't know if it is one though)

Hi Everyone, I have got a call from somebody saying he is from tesla and wanted to ensure the deposit money. I have asked for the payments details and he sent me an email with my reservation id and bank account details (citibank).
I was about to make the transfer of 8K but thought to check whether this is their usual process to get the deposit money before two days of delivery.

His twitter and facebook links in the signature is landing to wrong places so I am a bit worried.

can somebody suggest what is their typical payment and delivery process? I am getting the car through pcp.

Hi Everyone, I have got a call from somebody saying he is from tesla and wanted to ensure the deposit money. I have asked for the payments details and he sent me an email with my reservation id and bank account details (citibank).
I was about to make the transfer of 8K but thought to check whether this is their usual process to get the deposit money before two days of delivery.

His twitter and facebook links in the signature is landing to wrong places so I am a bit worried.

can somebody suggest what is their typical payment and delivery process? I am getting the car through pcp.
Log into your account on tesla's website and check your final invoice, the payment details will be on that.

Separately I also echo the incredulity that some people are ordering Teslas without referral codes! Bonkers.

I've been donating £10 to charity every time someone uses mine! A massive er... £60 so far..!

Reactions: ringi
Collected my car from Tesla in Stockport last night. All went very smoothly and the staff were very helpful and friendly despite clearly being very busy. Car was on charge so I left with about 60% which was good. Was dark and rainy so didn't really get chance to give the car a proper look over but it seems okay at first glance. Bonnet is going to need re-aligning though as it's not sitting very well so I'll book that in for January.

The car is fantastic - great piece of kit!

Quick update...
  • Current lead time for a M3P is ~6-8 weeks, but they're waiting on the vessel schedules for next year
    • I ordered 2nd Dec, collecting 18th Dec, so turns out lead time was actually 2 weeks
  • You won't get an inventory vehicle any quicker than that, even if one with the same spec is on the website today
    • Could still be true, who knows
  • If you're leasing then the car won't appear in your Tesla account until ~1 week before collection
    • Well there's 2 days to go and it's still not there, they've now changed their minds and said it won't appear until I collect the car
I have no idea how or why I'm able to collect 16 days from order, but the manic Tesla gods seem to be smiling on me and I'll take it! Merry Christmas everyone.

Another quick update:

It's incredible.

Reactions: Obliter8
Another quick update:

It's incredible.

Spoke to Tesla and been told no more ships due until mid January, so I should expect delivery of my M3P late January. I hope this is the case!

I asked why it would appear some have received their cars already despite orders being placed after mine and was told that it can depend largely on where the cars are collected from. 50% of all cars delivered go though the London Heathrow site. I need to pick mine up from Leeds so presume there isn’t that many cars going from there.

Just called for an update on my SR+ ordered mid-September. Was told at beginning of December that it should be delivered mid-January. He said it is still not matched to any cars and unlikely to get it before mid-February. He did suggest I could upgrade to a more expensive model and I could be in it before Christmas. :D Fantastic as that is, it might blow the budget some!

Hey guys - picked up M3P today!! What a car!! Incredible performance and drive!!
Only problem I got is there’s a piece of what looks like carpet hanging down from underneath the car? Not sure what to do to get it fixed as it’s quite and scrapes the floor of bumpy. Problem is I’m not near a Tesla garage to go too. I’d assume Heathrow being the closest?

Reactions: evsingh
Thought I'd update on my situation to help others still waiting. I ordered a Model 3 Performance, blue with white interior, no FSD.

15th November - Order placed with Zen Auto
21st Nov was promised RN by Zen.
25th order was placed with Tesla by Zen (why the wait?!)
28th Nov Zen said they'd request the RN number again
3rd December spoke to Tesla and they said delivery Jan or Feb.

Yesterday had an email saying it was ready for collection! Bit of a (nice) surprise as I haven't even got a charger installed yet. Collecting tomorrow morning from West Drayton. A little over a month from order to collection, not bad.

Hoping I don't have grey wheels but I suspect it will. Need to find someone to swap with as I much prefer silver (!)

Reactions: Christianj_90
Log into your account on tesla's website and check your final invoice, the payment details will be on that.

Separately I also echo the incredulity that some people are ordering Teslas without referral codes! Bonkers.

I've been donating £10 to charity every time someone uses mine! A massive er... £60 so far..!
I’d been keeping an eye on the inventory for a few weeks, and when the exact configuration I wanted popped up, I got excited and forgot to follow the referral link (I rushed to order before someone beat me to it).

• Funny
DA2839D5-7430-4838-A210-497E2C1BEC48.jpeg
Picked up my LR in blue with black interior and a tow bar today.

Very smooth handover and love the car, the range on the motorway and a warm 11 degrees was well over 300 miles.

Sound system quality awesome too.

Very happy!

Hey guys - picked up M3P today!! What a car!! Incredible performance and drive!!
Only problem I got is there’s a piece of what looks like carpet hanging down from underneath the car? Not sure what to do to get it fixed as it’s quite and scrapes the floor of bumpy. Problem is I’m not near a Tesla garage to go too. I’d assume Heathrow being the closest?

Maybe the composite fibre panel that covers the rear motor reported as coming off due to water being forded to force water up? Not saying you’ve done that, but giving you something to search for - read the thread within the last few days in this section...It was like ‘soggy cardboard’ was the description....search for ‘cardboard’...HTHs

Reactions: pmg102
Maybe the composite fibre panel that covers the rear motor reported as coming off due to water being forded to force water up? Not saying you’ve done that, but giving you something to search for - read the thread within the last few days in this section...It was like ‘soggy cardboard’ was the description....search for ‘cardboard’...HTHs

Good morning,

awfully written message by me. Apologies and well done for understanding it. Lol.

that’s exactly what happened. I hit a puddle on the M4 on my way back from Heathrow at 50mph ish. Seems to have damaged the undercarriage cover (that seems to be made from carpet)

will order a new one with Tesla this morning.

Bloody love the car though!! Hang in there guys. I was lucky with only 3 week wait. Keep chasing, then chase again & then some more!

Cool - try the Undertray Hanging Off thread if you haven’t seen it. I think a lot of us are going to be experiencing it in these wet isles! Needs a redesign/new material is my guess.

Yours and others cautionary tales made me extra careful getting through flooded bits of road this morning - so thanks for the warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.