Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! I also live in Fife and collected my M3 in December (Red LR AWD). Car is great, even better than I was expecting. My loan from EST came through a few days after I collected the car and the whole application process was very painless. Good luck with everything.

I had quite a long wait, almost 4 months. I ordered on August 23rd and took delivery on December 18th. Not a record, but definitely much longer wait than many other people in this group. However, I was not ordering from inventory and presume that the specific configuration I selected (red paint, white interior etc) may have contributed to availability of a RHD car with this specification.
Actually, ~ 4 month time for delivery for a new build car coming from California seems reasonable to me. My main grouch was the lack of accurate information from Tesla as to when the car would be delivered and several initial estimates from Tesla of much shorter delivery times that turned out to be wildly optimistic (= downright misleading).
Be prepared for an unpredictable wait to take delivery but rest assured the car is great and well worth waiting for!

After months of reading this forum and the facebook group and flapping about the risk of ordering a lemon I've finally got bored of worrying about it and have now ordered a M3P. I'm in no hurry for when it turns up, Leaseplan advised 12 weeks leadtime but I know that estimate can be plus or minus about 10 weeks so I'll wait and see....

cheers - just out of interest how long did you wait from order to delivery?

M3P in white with black interior ordered 24/10 was told end of January by lease co but this is now unlikely based on what I have read in the shipping thread. Spoke to Tesla before Christmas who said it would be mid to end January but they could not say for sure. They also said that 50% of all deliveries go through West Drayton Tesla. I need to collect from Leeds which I believe is probably delaying my delivery.
Others on here have their cars already despite ordering after me.

Just spoke to a very helpful guy at Tesla on the phone, I ordered end of October and he said it should be here mid-late Feb, but I've asked for March for a '20 plate. He did say they're planning on getting a large number of cars in February so planning on filling a lot of orders then.

M3P in white with black interior ordered 24/10 was told end of January by lease co but this is now unlikely based on what I have read in the shipping thread. Spoke to Tesla before Christmas who said it would be mid to end January but they could not say for sure. They also said that 50% of all deliveries go through West Drayton Tesla. I need to collect from Leeds which I believe is probably delaying my delivery.
Others on here have their cars already despite ordering after me.
Steve I can’t believe you still haven’t got your car yet, is there no way you could pick it up from west Drayton? We ordered around the same time and I collected mine on 16/12 ... same spec ...

I had quite a long wait, almost 4 months. I ordered on August 23rd and took delivery on December 18th. Not a record, but definitely much longer wait than many other people in this group. However, I was not ordering from inventory and presume that the specific configuration I selected (red paint, white interior etc) may have contributed to availability of a RHD car with this specification.
Actually, ~ 4 month time for delivery for a new build car coming from California seems reasonable to me. My main grouch was the lack of accurate information from Tesla as to when the car would be delivered and several initial estimates from Tesla of much shorter delivery times that turned out to be wildly optimistic (= downright misleading).
Be prepared for an unpredictable wait to take delivery but rest assured the car is great and well worth waiting for!

Thanks, that's not actually a problem for me as I have my current car until the summer ... although the sooner the better obviously! I noticed the estimated delivery date when I ordered was February but I didn't believe that for a second and the guys in the Edinburgh Sales Centre said 3-4 months.

Steve I can’t believe you still haven’t got your car yet, is there no way you could pick it up from west Drayton? We ordered around the same time and I collected mine on 16/12 ... same spec ...

There was loads of inventory stock kept popping up which matched my spec but I didn’t want to go down that route in case it caused further delay. In hindsight I should have!. Why Tesla could not have matched me to one of those cars is beyond me.

If don’t get matched to a car when the first ship arrives, I will call Tesla and change to West Drayton.

The wait is killing me, more so the not knowing. Pod Point installed my charger before Christmas aswell.

There was loads of inventory stock kept popping up which matched my spec but I didn’t want to go down that route in case it caused further delay. In hindsight I should have!. Why Tesla could not have matched me to one of those cars is beyond me.

If don’t get matched to a car when the first ship arrives, I will call Tesla and change to West Drayton.

The wait is killing me, more so the not knowing. Pod Point installed my charger before Christmas aswell.

I hear you. I ordered mine (SR+ White ext, black int) 28th October and no VIN yet. Was told by Tesla on the phone yesterday to expect late Jan to early Feb. As someone said above it's the lack of clarity of information that is frustrating. I was expecting mine before Christmas based on earlier information provided.

Patience is a virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.