Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I popped into Tesla Stockport (Manchester region) for a look at lunchtime. I managed to arrange a test drive of the M3P for next Thursday which is great. They also had a white performance with white interior in which I really liked. Apparently that is called "The Stormtrooper". I'm sure if I was a Star Wars fanatic, that would be all I needed to know.

Anyway, the purpose of the post was to say that they warned me (due to parking issues) that they are expecting massive deliveries of Model 3s next week. I hope some of your orders are going to be on there.

Here's a couple of pictures. Only thing I didn't like much was the front number plate attachment. I think I'll ask for mine to be left off and find a stick-on version.
20200115_122244.jpg
20200115_122238.jpg

I popped into Tesla Stockport (Manchester region) for a look at lunchtime. I managed to arrange a test drive of the M3P for next Thursday which is great. They also had a white performance with white interior in which I really liked. Apparently that is called "The Stormtrooper". I'm sure if I was a Star Wars fanatic, that would be all I needed to know.

Anyway, the purpose of the post was to say that they warned me (due to parking issues) that they are expecting massive deliveries of Model 3s next week. I hope some of your orders are going to be on there. View attachment 500487 View attachment 500489
next week?
Did we miss a ship??

So you ordered without a test drive? I guess low risk but I'm nervous about that.

I did too :rolleyes: Made a list of criteria for my new car, one of which was it must be EV, given this and my other criteria the M3 was really the only option (well that's what I told SWMBO) - read a few reviews on forums and in the motoring press and hit the button - what's the worse that could happen..... I hate it, in which case I'll take Tesla up on their "return if it's the wrong size/colour" policy :cool: (I'll keep the receipt and bag it came in :))

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
Hi all

just after some advice on lead times!!

Reading on here it seems a bit hit and miss but I’m trying to lease a performance version with everything standard. Lease company are saying it could arrive anytime and once it has I have to accept it. My current 330e goes back beginning of April so obviously trying to get it as close to that date as possible.

I’ve seen some people still waiting when they ordered in Oct and boats due etc etc but You guys will know more than a lease company so If I pressed the button this weeks what’s everyone’s best guess?

thanks

Hi all

just after some advice on lead times!!

Reading on here it seems a bit hit and miss but I’m trying to lease a performance version with everything standard. Lease company are saying it could arrive anytime and once it has I have to accept it. My current 330e goes back beginning of April so obviously trying to get it as close to that date as possible.

I’ve seen some people still waiting when they ordered in Oct and boats due etc etc but You guys will know more than a lease company so If I pressed the button this weeks what’s everyone’s best guess?

thanks

March/April - from what I’ve read 2-3 months seems about average - don’t forget to request a referral code from one of your friends on here if you do order..... friend:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Flatchat
Hi can I use a referral code if I go through a lease company?
You certainly can use a referral code, but DO make sure you get the code before the order is placed and pass it too lease company (PM me if you require mine) I was not aware of the referral system so sadly missed out.As for deliveries mine ordered 22nd Oct 3SR+ possible delivery late Jan but suspect mid Feb sadly.

Just signed up, and thought I'd share my experience of ordering.

Ordered a M3P red with black interior as a company car via Inchcape on the 29 November and was given a anticipated delivery date of the 20 Jan. Not had any meaningful updates from anyone apart for a Tesla account creation and in my Tesla account there is no reference of the order at all.

Anyway, Monday I get a call from Tesla asking if I'd like to collect my car from West Dreyton on Wednesday 14th Jan. Unfortunately busy day yesterday so I postponed to next Tuesday as they wouldn't offer a Saturday collection....

So I could have had the car in 6weeks which sounds quite quick considering some of the tales on here.

Challenge I have is I don't have a home charger installed (ordered a Podpoint and waiting for a date) and I am mid switch to Octopus Go....

I'll be charging at services whilst I wait. I do around 1000miles a week so its going to get very tedious very quickly doing this.

Just signed up, and thought I'd share my experience of ordering.

Ordered a M3P red with black interior as a company car via Inchcape on the 29 November and was given a anticipated delivery date of the 20 Jan. Not had any meaningful updates from anyone apart for a Tesla account creation and in my Tesla account there is no reference of the order at all.

Anyway, Monday I get a call from Tesla asking if I'd like to collect my car from West Dreyton on Wednesday 14th Jan. Unfortunately busy day yesterday so I postponed to next Tuesday as they wouldn't offer a Saturday collection....

So I could have had the car in 6weeks which sounds quite quick considering some of the tales on here.

Challenge I have is I don't have a home charger installed (ordered a Podpoint and waiting for a date) and I am mid switch to Octopus Go....

I'll be charging at services whilst I wait. I do around 1000miles a week so its going to get very tedious very quickly doing this.

Sounds promising! Almost there.

Do you have any normal 3 pin power sockets outside where you park, either at home or at work? It is not ideal, but I managed to charge 2 EVs for over a year and a half with only Granny chargers whilst we were renting. At first I just bunged the Granny charger cable out of the window, and then eventually stuck an outdoor weatherproof socket, outside, connected to an indoor plug via an RCD. It was slow as hell, and you needed to charge more frequently as even an over-nighter wouldn't fully charge the battery, but it was do-able.The Tesla comes with a good 3-pin charger, with a decent length cable.. This may tide you over until your charge point is installed.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your new M3P!

Yup 3pin charging is a option but certainly won't give me enough for the ~150miles I do a day. There is a SC at South Mymms that is close to me, so I'll use that or alternate cars leaving the Tesla charging.

Excited to be getting it, but West Dreyton is a 4rse to get to....

Status
Not open for further replies.