Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered my M3P "Stormtrooper" last night after seeing the exact same spec at Stockport yesterday (pictured above).

Now the list of things to sort: -
- EV Charger (pretty much decided on the Zappi 2 as have PV)
- Move to Octopus
- Get smart meter installed
- Move to Octopus Go
- Sell the M4
- Sell all the M4 wheels, tyres and various bits and bobs collected over the last 3 years
- prepare for the ups and downs of Tesla ownership.

Thanks to all on this forum for your help by just posting stuff!

Jon

Reactions: Jez_GB
Hello all...just signed up :)

Already ordered a LR AWD and waiting for delivery date. Was wondering if I could still use a referral code if anyone has one handy?

Thanks and looking forward to getting involved in this great club!

I found a thread on here that suggested you could add a referral code post order - I had a frustrating game of email tennis with Tesla - outcome... "Sorry no - it would not be fair or equitable" :confused:

Hello all...just signed up :)

Already ordered a LR AWD and waiting for delivery date. Was wondering if I could still use a referral code if anyone has one handy?

Thanks and looking forward to getting involved in this great club!
Unfortunately, Tesla seems inflexible on adding a referral code post-order based on all the posts I have read here and elsewhere on the subject. The only way I am aware of is to cancel the order and place a new one using the referral. Not the answer you were seeking, I am afraid.

The one deviation was for orders placed on 1 May when the order bookings went live in the UK, because Tesla recognised their system had a glitch and did not make provision for the use of referrals that day.

Strange....did you mention you could cancel the order and re-order again using the referral code? :)

I'll call my tesla contact if I can get a referral code and let you know how I get on!

Thanks - do you need a referral code? ;)

I did threaten to cancel and re-order, but having gone through the whole PCP application process (twice due to an order change) and reading the horror stories around delivery dates, etc I decided against it - after all it wouldn't be fair or equitable to cancel and reorder :p

Last edited:
Strange....did you mention you could cancel the order and re-order again using the referral code? :)

I'll call my tesla contact if I can get a referral code and let you know how I get on!

Yes, you can cancel and re-order with a referral code. Only issue it that, you go back to the end of the queue. Not sure how long it's been since you ordered your LR - but consider if the 1000 miles is worth the additional wait. If you need a code, happy to share mine :)

Thank you all. Not sure if I've worked this out correctly (still trying to get my head around everything) but if 1000 miles costs £96 I'll take the hit and keep my order in the queue if Tesla won't budge. Only ordered a few weeks ago but PCP accepted and was told to hopefully expect delivery end Feb / beginning March :)

Thank you all. Not sure if I've worked this out correctly (still trying to get my head around everything) but if 1000 miles costs £96 I'll take the hit and keep my order in the queue if Tesla won't budge. Only ordered a few weeks ago but PCP accepted and was told to hopefully expect delivery end Feb / beginning March :)
That sounds expensive so I did a quick X-check and think you are upper bound correct. Looks like you have assumed 1000 miles from around 400 kWh of electricity (300 kWh officially). That makes it clear it's a lot cheaper to charge at home off-peak!

Yesterday was the 3 month anniversary (month-iversary?) of placing my order (Blue, LR AWD, Black Int.)
Having had no reply to my email to the team at the Bristol showroom, I rang Tesla UK yesterday and spoke to a very pleasant chap who advised that my order had been matched to a vehicle, and hoped that I might be getting some contact about taking possession of the car before the end of the month.
My three (and a bit) month wait, and a prospective delivery date by the end of Jan / Early Feb 2020 would seem to correlate pretty well with many of the recent messages on this board, so fingers crossed for the next week or so!

Yesterday was the 3 month anniversary (month-iversary?) of placing my order (Blue, LR AWD, Black Int.)
Having had no reply to my email to the team at the Bristol showroom, I rang Tesla UK yesterday and spoke to a very pleasant chap who advised that my order had been matched to a vehicle, and hoped that I might be getting some contact about taking possession of the car before the end of the month.
My three (and a bit) month wait, and a prospective delivery date by the end of Jan / Early Feb 2020 would seem to correlate pretty well with many of the recent messages on this board, so fingers crossed for the next week or so!

great news - that's the car I have ordered too so fingers crossed I get a similar experience! :)

Quite a few Irish people were contacted yesterday to sign government grant forms and provide proof of address having mostly been vin matched (in the source code) the day before. Delivery centre is Dublin. I called Tesla and they confirmed VIN match but could not tell me where the car was or the production date.

Steve I can’t believe you still haven’t got your car yet, is there no way you could pick it up from west Drayton? We ordered around the same time and I collected mine on 16/12 ... same spec ...

So, called Tesla this morning. Still not vin matched to a car. Asked if changing from Leeds to West Drayton would speed things up and was told no. He said “hopefully” you will be matched to one when the ships start to arrive in February. Hmmm

through my company's lease provider we are getting January contact from Tesla for some folks that ordered back in Nov - for collections this month, so things still seem to be moving in background even if no new ships seem to have arrived. It does feel like the limited "dealers" network has been struggling badly to cope with demand and this hasn't ended with the pre-Christmas rush. And also that it's a very random set of allocations going on - as several people are being told no chance until end Feb whereas others are seeing action now.

Status
Not open for further replies.