Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thought on that - closer we get to March, wonder when would the vehicles coming in to the UK dictate "swap from 69 to 20".

Been also thinking for those expecting delivery late feb/early march as 'company cars' what the BIK would be for that very short stint before the April 0% kicks in.
- Tesla website quotes for the 16% BIK p/m on long range models + FSD at £300 odd, but methinks worth a shout with an accountant to be sure.

On related note, no change on the order status from "drafting up your paperwork we'll call you when ready"
(Dec order / LR +FSD / Blue / hidden vin available).

Interesting thought on that - closer we get to March, wonder when would the vehicles coming in to the UK dictate "swap from 69 to 20".

Been also thinking for those expecting delivery late feb/early march as 'company cars' what the BIK would be for that very short stint before the April 0% kicks in.
- Tesla website quotes for the 16% BIK p/m on long range models + FSD at £300 odd, but methinks worth a shout with an accountant to be sure.

On related note, no change on the order status from "drafting up your paperwork we'll call you when ready"
(Dec order / LR +FSD / Blue / hidden vin available).
According to NHS with whom I've ordered mine, 16% BIK until April when it drops to 0% and the monthly payments automatically drop accordingly. I've been assured verbally and via email that it will automatically drop in April.

Ordered mid/end Nov, got my RN today via Leaseplan, Tesla have confirmed it's awaiting VIN assignment and said to try them back 17 Feb if haven't heard anything. At least I know it's in the system, they were very helpful and pleasant over the phone (01628 number).

Have just managed 3 weeks without a car completely as was getting hammered on hire car BIK tax, but have just taken delivery today of a lovely rental .... Passat diesel. Yummy.

RN is the reference number. If there is not one for your name, then it hasn't been ordered. Chase them up, ESPECIALLY if leaseplan are involved.

I emailed my account manager at Leaseplan and got this - thanks for the tip. Tesla were able to confirm the order and delivery estimate based on this, too.

Apparently it's also needed for getting a wall charger at home. Can anyone shed any light on why this is, and if that's for a particular charger?

I emailed my account manager at Leaseplan and got this - thanks for the tip. Tesla were able to confirm the order and delivery estimate based on this, too.

Apparently it's also needed for getting a wall charger at home. Can anyone shed any light on why this is, and if that's for a particular charger?

You cannot order the Tesla Wall Connector if you do not have a RN assigned to you. If you are getting some other make of smart charger, to take advantage of the OLEV grant, then you don't need to worry about it.

Ive just rang Birmingham on 0121 295 3317 and got through within 2 minutes. I asked for a delivery date and was told by the end of this month (February) She also had a VIN number. Looks like it's on target for a March delivery. Ordered end of October

Last edited:
Reactions: menzic
On the website just now they indicate March delivery for a Model 3, is this pretty realistic or is it likely to be much longer than that, I appreciate it's difficult to know for sure with the current corona virus? Just wondered if their estimate is usually accurate or if it always longer than stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.