Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t feel bad. I’m going to have to start wearing chinos to work instead of jeans once lockdown is over just so I don’t obsess about leaving dye on mine.

The white seats are super white, so any discolouration will be really obvious. I also personally think white on white would probably be too much, but that’s just me.

Looks lovely, congratulations :)
I was briefly tempted by the white seats, but as I hope to own this car for the best part of a decade I didn't think they would hold up too well no matter how good they are.

Reactions: TheManofMead
Hi,

I just ordered my model 3 today! I live in Newcastle and I had the options of getting it delivered to Edinburgh or Leeds but I’ve seen people mentioning that they are picking theirs up from Newcastle, should this have been an option for me?

Also after completing the finance form with Blackhorse I didn’t get any kind of email confirmation but not sure if that’s normal =/

Were in Middlesbrough and I was originally meant to collect mine from Leeds before lockdown started, but had a call last week saying that mine is in the Newcastle branch now and is being delivered on Tuesday. The guy on the phone did mention that the Newcastle one is brand new and not that big so I presume they can’t hold much stock there. Maybe once you get closer to your delivery date ask them if they can match it up to any models they have in at Newcastle or get yours sent to there maybe?

Thanks @Medved_77 i’ve been through this one this morning and not had many issues (not yet checked the lights - I’ll have to do that now). Just wondered if there was anything a bit random someone had come across that was worth checking.
I think that list is as comprehensive as it gets. At this point you're just trying to determine whether to keep the car or return it. If there's nothing obviously wrong with it then just enjoy!

You've still got the warranty if you do notice any issues during your lease.

Were in Middlesbrough and I was originally meant to collect mine from Leeds before lockdown started, but had a call last week saying that mine is in the Newcastle branch now and is being delivered on Tuesday. The guy on the phone did mention that the Newcastle one is brand new and not that big so I presume they can’t hold much stock there. Maybe once you get closer to your delivery date ask them if they can match it up to any models they have in at Newcastle or get yours sent to there maybe?

Ah right yea makes sense, will see what happens! When did you order yours?

I think that list is as comprehensive as it gets. At this point you're just trying to determine whether to keep the car or return it. If there's nothing obviously wrong with it then just enjoy!

You've still got the warranty if you do notice any issues during your lease.
Oh I’m not just enjoying it, it’s easily the best car I’ve had and it’d have to be broken in half for me to return it.

I just didn’t want to miss anything that was obvious to anyone else, like you say though there’s the warranty if anything comes up.

• Love
Reactions: Medved_77
Along with the hidden VIN, I now seem to have registration details viewable on my account. Weirdly, the amount due is £0 and my D.O.B is around 20 years incorrect so that's either a weird bug or something has gone wrong with my finance details! Is there a way you can view your finance application or is it all hidden away until your car ends up turning up?

Along with the hidden VIN, I now seem to have registration details viewable on my account. Weirdly, the amount due is £0 and my D.O.B is around 20 years incorrect so that's either a weird bug or something has gone wrong with my finance details! Is there a way you can view your finance application or is it all hidden away until your car ends up turning up?
I have very similar information regarding VIN, amount due and DOB . I believe my car to be in Southampton awaiting transport in due course.

M3P ordered early Feb for delivery end of May when my current company car contract expires, it seems unlikely that my actual car has been built and left the factory in time but I see there are some suitable cars in inventory stock so hopefully it can still be fulfilled on schedule! Edinburgh say I won't get a VIN until about 3 weeks before delivery so have a bit longer to wait to find out.

M3P ordered early Feb for delivery end of May when my current company car contract expires, it seems unlikely that my actual car has been built and left the factory in time but I see there are some suitable cars in inventory stock so hopefully it can still be fulfilled on schedule! Edinburgh say I won't get a VIN until about 3 weeks before delivery so have a bit longer to wait to find out.

They don’t build to order, they simply match your order to inventory that’s arriving. Check out inventory and if you see your spec then ask to be matched with it. A custom order may feel special but with so few options you’re just putting yourself in the hands of their matching process

With the current situation I’d be interested to know how many others there are like me, waiting on a model 3 (SR+ White/Black interior in my case) through a fleet management company (company car scheme - not direct lease or salary sacrifice) and if anyone else has heard anything re their car? I placed my order though my companies fleet management company Jan 14th - I have reason to believe it wasn’t actually ordered until late feb/early March based on when I got the RN and info from Tesla. Are we able to be matched to inventory stock? Will we now be waiting till the next batch of cars comes across the Atlantic? I’m not looking to collect till after lockdown is lifted as I’m not a key worker and actually currently on Furlough. I could really use the 0% BIK rate though! Even if I can’t drive the car as this will save me a bunch on BIK tax that I’m paying on my current car, which is just sitting on the drive! Cheers all - Stay safe.

With the current situation I’d be interested to know how many others there are like me, waiting on a model 3 (SR+ White/Black interior in my case) through a fleet management company (company car scheme - not direct lease or salary sacrifice) and if anyone else has heard anything re their car? I placed my order though my companies fleet management company Jan 14th - I have reason to believe it wasn’t actually ordered until late feb/early March based on when I got the RN and info from Tesla. Are we able to be matched to inventory stock? Will we now be waiting till the next batch of cars comes across the Atlantic? I’m not looking to collect till after lockdown is lifted as I’m not a key worker and actually currently on Furlough. I could really use the 0% BIK rate though! Even if I can’t drive the car as this will save me a bunch on BIK tax that I’m paying on my current car, which is just sitting on the drive! Cheers all - Stay safe.
I ordered my M3P white/black through my company car scheme around 27th February and they placed the order with Tesla March 2nd. I called Tesla about a week later and had been matched to a car and it was delivered March 26th. I didn't hear much from my company though, all the information I received I went direct to Tesla.

Reactions: bhav
Or do what I did and order an inventory car online, you’ll be allocated an RN and VIN, then pass this onto your lease company. Tesla are fine with this, but you need to check your lease company are. Once done a new RN is created as your lease company take over your order, but your VIN stays the same. Within two weeks the registration is added and the car ready to collect / deliver, or in my case sit there due to covid-19.

Check your current order status first though as you might already have a car added to your order.

I also did this, all the lease providers were more than happy to work this way.

Deposit went down Thursday evening and Tesla had called me by 10am Friday! Said did I want to collect Monday lol.

Who are you leasing through cyclone?

Status
Not open for further replies.