Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have gone ahead and ordered one. If they wont take the RN tomorrow I'm hoping there will be a few weeks at least before I get chased for delivery/ payment. Hopefully by then the leasing guys will be happy to proceed. There can't be too many cars left so wanted to at least to have a chance of securing one before they are all gone for now.

Did you fill out any of the delivery info, trade in stuff etc. on your account or did you just leave it all blank and send of the RN? It says to continue with delviery fill in all the details on your account page?

I didn't-they told me I didn't need to fill any of it out, as the car would still be held in my name. The guy at Tesla mentioned something about putting something in the payment section that confirmed that you are transferring the car over to a lease company, but I couldn't see anywhere to do that, and after phoning again, the Tesla guy said "nah, just leave it-you don't need to do anything now". I'd always give Tesla a ring though if unsure.

I asked them how long they would hold the car, as VWFS aren't good at returning emails at all, so I'm completely in the dark about what they're doing, and Tesla said that it's not really something to worry about massively, but they might give you a ring after a couple of weeks to ask you if you've had contact with your leasing company and if you're still wanting the car. I guess they can't hold it indefinitely (obviously), but I don't think the reservation is massively time-sensitive.

Don't think I will be going, but it's an awkward situation when you have over £50K of your hard earned money paid out on a car and they have told me they will un-match me from the vehicle if I don't collect as I've already delayed for a week due to family reasons. It could be many weeks or months before lockdown restrictions are removed, if there are no cars in my spec available then I may have to wait until next shipments which could be several months away if the factories are not producing. Apart from the long drive I don't think the collection process will be any more risky than going to Tesco's for the weekly shop.
Have you tried getting a quote for someone to go and pick it up for you? I've ordered an inventory LR which is a 2 hour drive from me, I found a company which normally moves 'expensive cars' around who aren't exactly busy at the moment and they could collect with a covered trailer and deliver to my door for a lot less than I expected. Tesla seem happy to allow this (in my case).

Reactions: seadog
I didn't-they told me I didn't need to fill any of it out, as the car would still be held in my name. The guy at Tesla mentioned something about putting something in the payment section that confirmed that you are transferring the car over to a lease company, but I couldn't see anywhere to do that, and after phoning again, the Tesla guy said "nah, just leave it-you don't need to do anything now". I'd always give Tesla a ring though if unsure.

I asked them how long they would hold the car, as VWFS aren't good at returning emails at all, so I'm completely in the dark about what they're doing, and Tesla said that it's not really something to worry about massively, but they might give you a ring after a couple of weeks to ask you if you've had contact with your leasing company and if you're still wanting the car. I guess they can't hold it indefinitely (obviously), but I don't think the reservation is massively time-sensitive.

Great that sounds promising, thanks again. Hopefully I can hold it long enough for the leasers to get themselves in gear then!

I’ll update when anything changes! Hope yours arrives soon!

Have you tried getting a quote for someone to go and pick it up for you? I've ordered an inventory LR which is a 2 hour drive from me, I found a company which normally moves 'expensive cars' around who aren't exactly busy at the moment and they could collect with a covered trailer and deliver to my door for a lot less than I expected. Tesla seem happy to allow this (in my case).

I haven't, to be honest, but it seems from other people who have, it's a few hundred quid (as a mean average). I've asked for the car to be delivered to Leeds which is only 25mins drive from me, mostly motorway, but also said that if they're in a position to deliver to the house, then even better. My car is in London atm, which means it'll pass my junction first anyway :D

My anxieties about time scales are lifting a little as things seem to be moving, so I'm happy to wait for the car now, with Tesla saying the usual turnaround once the leasing company has the RN after transferring it from the customer is 1-2 weeks. I'm impatient now, but only like a kid waiting for Christmas, rather than being anxious about my current car needing to go back.

This seems like a good moment to put in a recommendation of the delivery company I paid to have my M3P delivered.

I took the view that if you can't afford to pay £234 (£195+VAT) when you are paying out £50k+ plus for your vehicle then there is something wrong. If any of you are considering paying to have your car delivered I cannot recommend this (small family) business highly enough. Look at their reviews online and you will see they are 100% 5* reviews (including mine, recently added).

Picture below is the car rolling off the transporter on delivery day (17/04/2020).

Link to Zoom Car Transport:

http://www.zoomzoomtransport.co.uk/home

IMG_5051.PNG

Reactions: seadog and Cyclone1
Just waited on hold for 1hr 43mins trying to speak to Tesla sales and no answer, is it normally that hard to get through?!

I got through in about 3 minutes at 9:30 this morning, then I got a promised call back as well! Yousuf in Tilburg. Helpful chap.

If anyone else is in the same boat as me - cash buyer with a trade-in, Tesla have allowed me to arrange for a transport company to pick up my trade-in, take it to Stockport then pick up my Tesla and deliver it to me.

Scheduled for next Monday afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Have you got through yet? :D

Gave up!

Circled back to my leasing company and managed to make contact with the guy I ordered the car through, asked him to look in to swapping my order on to an inventory car. He has heard back from Tesla that there is one suitable car in inventory so hopefully he will be able to get the order switched across to that car in the next few days.

If anyone else is in the same boat as me - cash buyer with a trade-in, Tesla have allowed me to arrange for a transport company to pick up my trade-in, take it to Stockport then pick up my Tesla and deliver it to me.

That’s me as well and thanks, good to know. However at the moment, I’m struggling to even get a trade-in offer. The website form is broken and a Tesla sales rep can’t access it either.

When I looked into trade-in back in February, Tesla offered me less than We Buy Any Car, Autotrader or BCA (£15,000 vs £16,900-£17,200). Fortunately I sold it elsewhere for £18k & today that car is apparently 'worth' £15k selling from a dealership.

Worth asking around.

• Informative
Reactions: GazzaM3
Don't think I will be going, but it's an awkward situation when you have over £50K of your hard earned money paid out on a car and they have told me they will un-match me from the vehicle if I don't collect as I've already delayed for a week due to family reasons. It could be many weeks or months before lockdown restrictions are removed, if there are no cars in my spec available then I may have to wait until next shipments which could be several months away if the factories are not producing. Apart from the long drive I don't think the collection process will be any more risky than going to Tesco's for the weekly shop.

Had a call from Tesla today and explained the situation again and that it would not be possible for me to collect due to distance, wife working etc. Agreed car would be unmatched and he would call me in a couple of weeks to see how things have developed, all fair enough. Less than one minute later a call direct from the Edinburgh Service Centre asking if I was still collecting as planned, I explained the situation again, the lady then offered a complementary home delivery. I told her I was not desperate as I still have access to a car and it was a long way and I assume it would not be cheap with the distance and time involved, but she said that was no problem. Call from direct delivery later in the day with a date for next week. Can't fault the service I have received so far, fingers crossed the car has no issues on delivery.

Had a call from Tesla today and explained the situation again and that it would not be possible for me to collect due to distance, wife working etc. Agreed car would be unmatched and he would call me in a couple of weeks to see how things have developed, all fair enough. Less than one minute later a call direct from the Edinburgh Service Centre asking if I was still collecting as planned, I explained the situation again, the lady then offered a complementary home delivery. I told her I was not desperate as I still have access to a car and it was a long way and I assume it would not be cheap with the distance and time involved, but she said that was no problem. Call from direct delivery later in the day with a date for next week. Can't fault the service I have received so far, fingers crossed the car has no issues on delivery.

Result!!

Reactions: seadog
Did you get any emails or anything like that beforehand to alert you to the car being ready for delivery?

I'm thinking now I'm going to have to keep checking my phone, Facebook, Snapchat, Whatsapp and bloody carrier pigeon!
No nothing. My last conversation with Tesla was April 17th where they agreed to allow me to collect after lockdown is lifted. So I was surprised to receive the call today. This time they said they would move the collection date again by 7 days, but if lockdown isn’t lifted then I have to ring them the day before collection to rearrange. Or I can defer collection for 30 days, but by doing this my car could be unmatched for someone else, but I would be matched to another car after 30 days. Obviously there is a risk with that and the person from Tesla said it’s best to stick with the 7 day option. So I did. About an hour later I received a text to say my new collection date is May 11th......

Thank you! I've stopped incessant youtube video torture for now, and I'm not quite pacing around the living room muttering upset words to myself....yet. :D

I'm trying to avoid youtube and acting like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas Day!

In limbo at the moment. Leasing through NHS salary sacrifice and put in an order a couple of weeks ago. Also did the trick of finding a car on inventory and getting an RN. Got a call today to say that I could collect from Leeds on Tuesday but now I've heard Arnold Clark won't release the car. Not sure what their involvement is. Really would like my Model 3 asap, especially as I've already had to call the AA out to my current car when it wouldn't start and I can't get it in to get looked at during lockdown. I don't think I've ever been so impatient about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.