Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1

Lease companies can take over orders, and if you order it yourself you can see exactly what's going on with it. You may even end up with the car on your account but with the financial side of things being done via the lease company, which imo is the best outcome (particularly if Tesla don't sort Premium Connectivity subscription in a reasonable timeframe).

I did this but what happened is I was assigned a new RN number (Zen basically re-ordered) so I had no tracking ability or assignment of the car to my account. It didn't matter in the end, the communication via text was fantastic and the whole process very quick. At least in my case.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Wonder who got the white M3LR in Edinburgh inventory? It was available for an hour or two this morning, then got snapped up.

me too! I ordered it on thursday late at night and got a call on Saturday morning to say they had my car!! I had to decline as haven't sorted out my Transport Scotland 0% loan which is pretty important - but they approved it today so I could have collected it by end of tomorrow now - but I couldn't be sure so let it go - it must have ended up in inventory for a bit! hoping the next batch doesn't take too long now!

I was so surprised how fast they offered that to me!

Wonder who got the white M3LR in Edinburgh inventory? It was available for an hour or two this morning, then got snapped up.

There was also a white M3LR in Manchester on the inventory for approx 20mins this morning, went fast! I nearly pulled the trigger but holding out for white interior too.

There was a lot of inventory added and bought today, unfortunately nothing that matched my criteria though! Will keep an eye out tomorrow.

Picked mine up yesterday
837C5510-DCBA-4A5E-8402-6AC461597596.jpeg

Further update on my order, Tesla told me today they had a note on my RN that I couldn’t take delivery before 01 Aug so a match would never have happened in current state - no idea if this is even a thing or not. If true it must have come from the lease provider.

Seems like you can order a car, then it would never get delivered if you didn’t chase up on the whole process yourself.

Arses.

Apart from a driving licence do I need anything else with me to collect my car? It doesn't mention anything in the email I received.
Thanks
Not much - I would suggest driving license & to be safe, insurance details & proof of payment in case it's needed. Most likely they will hand you the key cards & direct you to your car for checking. Make sure you sign the delivery confirmation which starts the process of enabling your profile on the app (can take several hours). Check the car thoroughly, you have 7 days/100 miles to report issues via the app.

Ditto collected yesterday and it was a 10 min job and all they needed was driving licence. Still staggered at the all in cost of this as a company lease.... Half what I was paying for a 330e BMW and lots more fun.

Attachments

• IMG-20200629-WA0015.jpeg
    IMG-20200629-WA0015.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 36
Ditto collected yesterday and it was a 10 min job and all they needed was driving licence. Still staggered at the all in cost of this as a company lease.... Half what I was paying for a 330e BMW and lots more fun.
Not much - I would suggest driving license & to be safe, insurance details & proof of payment in case it's needed. Most likely they will hand you the key cards & direct you to your car for checking. Make sure you sign the delivery confirmation which starts the process of enabling your profile on the app (can take several hours). Check the car thoroughly, you have 7 days/100 miles to report issues via the app.
Thank you both

Hi,

Just collected mine from Heathrow a couple of hours ago, the place was buzzing! there was even a queue of a dozen people for collection. In one hour they delivered 10 cars, 9 of them Model 3 and 1 Model S (it's so much bigger!) and 8 of them where white, like mine.

Just came with my driving license and nothing else, signed the document on the tablet and off you go!

They have supplied the Type 2 blue cable, so they may be back in stock again, I remember reading some users having to request it afterwards. Had to request to clean a few dark spots and I have to say the paint job is NOT one of Tesla's strong points. Michelin tyres, with still some stickers on them and only 67 miles range. Luckily I live just 3 miles from those SC so they will be my home charging point for a while...

Certainly the last units for Q2 and probably one of the busiest days lately...

Also there's a massive BMW dealership just opposite that I'm sure they will be screaming while seeing 10 cars per hour being delivered...they can't even imagine happening to them!

So I'll have quite a busy evening going through everything!

Another M3LR showing in Edinburgh inventory this morning - in red. Again, it disappeared by lunchtime.

I wonder if these LR cars really exist, or a website error. The list of M3SR+ inventory looks valid - all with the default 50 miles odometer, most colours, and some spec variations and spread around the UK.

I suppose anyone who is in a position to take a SR+ for immediate delivery should be following up on the stock vehicles to try to do a deal.

Hi,

Just collected mine from Heathrow a couple of hours ago, the place was buzzing! there was even a queue of a dozen people for collection. In one hour they delivered 10 cars, 9 of them Model 3 and 1 Model S (it's so much bigger!) and 8 of them where white, like mine.

Just came with my driving license and nothing else, signed the document on the tablet and off you go!

They have supplied the Type 2 blue cable, so they may be back in stock again, I remember reading some users having to request it afterwards. Had to request to clean a few dark spots and I have to say the paint job is NOT one of Tesla's strong points. Michelin tyres, with still some stickers on them and only 67 miles range. Luckily I live just 3 miles from those SC so they will be my home charging point for a while...

Certainly the last units for Q2 and probably one of the busiest days lately...

Also there's a massive BMW dealership just opposite that I'm sure they will be screaming while seeing 10 cars per hour being delivered...they can't even imagine happening to them!

So I'll have quite a busy evening going through everything!
Me too. Easily the worst car collection experience I've had but half expected. I was waiting 2 and a half hours, glad the rain never came. The guy in the office told me they were doing 160 cars today and had zero booked in for tomorrow. All geared to get them all out by the end of the quarter.
All forgotten as soon as I was in the car though. Bit of a scuff on the paintwork on the window pillar but couldn't spot anything else obvious. 40% charged so had hoped to jump on a Supercharger but so busy they were all taken. Now home and experiencing the slow normal plug socket charging until the proper charger is installed next week.
Also the guy in the office told me the head of Tesla UK was helping to wash the cars today that's how much they were doing to get these cars out.

Glad you got your car Jdrebel! However hearing these stories makes you question this focus on quarter end. Focusing on these short term deadlines to please investors isn't the way to sustain things in the long run if it leads to poor customer experience. Disappointing to see people get rushed through like a production line when these are £40/50/60k cars being bought.

Hopefully they start to address the customer service side of things sooner rather than later.

Hi folks,

New M3 SR+ owner. 2 weeks ago I ordered a white SR+ with white partial premium interior and 19" sports wheels from the inventory stock. Website said car was located in London with 14 miles on the clock. I decided to lease the car and found that Tesla's own lease was the cheapest for this spec

I was very wary with all some reports on atrocious customer service but I was very pleasantly surprised. Anytime I called the GB Delivery Team I got straight though and even had an account manager who was managing my account and order. It was a seamless process and Tesla were extremely helpful answering all my questions and even arranging to have the car moved to Cribbs Causeway in Bristol for my delivery without me asking.

Yesterday I picked my car up and it's fantastic. The Bristol staff were excellent and took time to explain the operation and answer any questions. Very pleased can't thank them enough for a pleasant experience.

Having got the car home and on closer inspection I do have 2 very small paint chips on the bonnet but more worryingly the front passenger wing has a crease in it and a small 'ding' below this. There was quite a lot of wind noise on the way home on the M4 yesterday. I have reported all this via the app and have a service center appointment for July 30th. I'm not happy though that they want me to pre authorise a £170 + vat charge to investigate the wind noise!! Other than that a very good experience.

PS. The tyres are Hankooks and I do have both cables.

Sorry for the length of the message.

Further update on my order, Tesla told me today they had a note on my RN that I couldn’t take delivery before 01 Aug so a match would never have happened in current state - no idea if this is even a thing or not. If true it must have come from the lease provider.

Seems like you can order a car, then it would never get delivered if you didn’t chase up on the whole process yourself.

Arses.
I had the same happen with my (first) lease order - basically a blocker that prevents a match to your order.

It's definitely the lease company's doing. Though it should have been based on a requested delivery date when you first ordered. That would be fine if it was like any other company but as we know Tesla's quarterly cycle and that they don't build to custom spec it can really screw things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.