Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand, why two forum members with the same configuration like me got matched VINs now although they ordered at a later time!

I didn't get an VIN or invoice until today. The next thing is that exactly my configuration is offered now in Switzerland as a car in stock!

This happened to two others in Germany, too ... strange!
It seems to be a random number generator matching the cars! I’d be surprised if there was a glut of deliveries in August and none in September. Surely it’s new reg month?

Ordered July 5th, so only two weeks ago at the time of writing, and no matter what configuration I design on the Tesla page, I get told delivery is expected in September, so I'll sit tight with my existing order and keep reading / watching videos! Naturally far too early for a VIN number.

Model 3 LR Midnight Silver, White interior, Aero wheels (No FSD).

Same boat (excuse the pun) as me. I ordered on July 10th and was also advised September delivery.

Model 3 LR White with black interior.

Reactions: Mallikanth
Not necessarily your specific situation, but it’s worth completing all the steps on the ‘Manage’ page on your account. I was told by a Tesla Rep (so take with a pinch of salt) that they prioritise marching people with it all complete vs others who have not completed all steps.

Although this comment may not have been aimed at me, I have completed my 'Manage' page ASAP with the above reasoning in mind. The exception being the part exchange offer, which I refused after a day or so of research. No surprise to find that Tesla were offering at least £3k less than even a main dealer would offer me. I'm buying the Tesla cash and will sell my 64kwh Kona privately after I get my M3, I expect.

Since the original spreadsheet hasn't been updated since 2019 I thought I would try and start a new one for those still waiting for Model 3 orders in the UK - feel free to add your details if you want - it's editable by anyone with the link.

Model 3 UK Delivery Tracker

I wouldn't recommend entering any details that can personally identify you or your order though :)

On average, how much notice do you get of the delivery date? My charger installers (Andersen) claim that they can’t apply for the OLED grant until I can provide evidence of a firm delivery date from Tesla.

They said that with me too, but were quite happy to accept my estimated delivery date, after all , that is all we will get from Tesla (I'm on salary sacrifice/lease, so just needed a letter from my employer to this effect)

They went quickly :/ Not sure they were all on Glovis Sun though as one in Manchester was listed as having 3 miles on its odometer - I presume it had been rejected or something from last month... It's gone now too!
They often list cars in a particular location despite not actually being there yet - I know this from my experience in June trying to get a car that was supposedly in London but was either in Southampton or on the last boat coming over!

Reactions: ringi
I managed to get a test drive today in a Model 3 LR from Tesla's "Southampton Distribution Hub" AKA a mobile office in the corner of a fenced-off car park about 600 yards from the dock entrance.
They confirmed it is deemed "open for business" now and that the Tesla I was (eventually) going to pick up from Heathrow/West Drayton can be picked up, and my trade-in Volvo dropped off, there - that will save me a 140 mile round trip (from Southampton!).

Reactions: Gazmayo
I managed to get a test drive today in a Model 3 LR from Tesla's "Southampton Distribution Hub" AKA a mobile office in the corner of a fenced-off car park about 600 yards from the dock entrance.
They confirmed it is deemed "open for business" now and that the Tesla I was (eventually) going to pick up from Heathrow/West Drayton can be picked up, and my trade-in Volvo dropped off, there - that will save me a 140 mile round trip (from Southampton!).
@Neilman did they say when pick up might be?

On average, how much notice do you get of the delivery date? My charger installers (Andersen) claim that they can’t apply for the OLED grant until I can provide evidence of a firm delivery date from Tesla.

Yes, I’ve got an Andersen on order and they told me that they had had OLEV grant applications rejected due to lack of a firm delivery date. I got a delivery estimate email from Tesla (saying mid to late August) which I forwarded and they seemed okay with that. Mind you, I’ve not got the charger yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.